Function: To serve as Knollwood’s Minister of Youth and to develop the church’s ministry of
wellness and recreation to youth, their families, and the church at large utilizing the church’s new
Wellness and Community Center.
Experience: Experience with youth ministry. Experience in recreational activities and/or
recreational ministry a plus.
Supervision: Reports to Senior Minister
Education: College and Theological degrees
Competencies: Strong personal theology with Biblical foundation; dynamic personality with
ability to relate well with and inspire others; strong organizational and administrative skills;
● Coordinate ministry activities with youth, their families, and the church.
● Create, prepare, and resource weekly programming for youth that provides spiritual formation,
Christian education, and Christian community.
● Develop and prepare focused activities for youth such as retreats, summer Bible experiences,
and mission trips designed to facilitate spiritual growth and strengthen the youth community.
● Coordinate service opportunities for youth, both within the church family as well as in the
● Support youth Sunday School by being present and visible, encouraging youth participation.
● Be comfortable and effective in relating to youth with special needs.
● Work with staff, lay leadership, and volunteers to develop a well-rounded recreation and
wellness ministry for youth, their families, and the church at large that reflects Knollwood’s
vision and mission.
● Work with staff and lay leadership to develop exercise, play, and sports offerings in the church’s
Wellness and Community Center, including intergenerational activities.
● Develop and oversee a plan for staffing program offerings of the recreational ministry.
● Be a visible and active presence at the church’s Wellness and Community Center.
● Participate in the pastoral care ministry of the church.
● Participate in worship opportunities that inspire and transform lives.
● Plan and coordinate special worship experiences for youth, as well as experiences led by youth,
including Youth Sunday.
● Train and equip volunteers for youth ministry as well as recreation and wellness ministry.
● Partner with lay groups to facilitate the work, ministry, and growth of the church.