Liturgy Explorers Leader
Church of the Holy Family (Episcopal), Chapel Hill
Holy Family is opening a service-time classroom for four and five year olds that focuses on learning elements of the liturgy. Our Liturgy Explorers room provides a consistent, nurturing, playful, and loving environment for our youngest members as they work with various elements of the liturgy. Our objective is two-fold: to help prepare children to participate in and enjoy the liturgy in developmentally appropriate ways and to equip parents and other members of the congregation to guide children in their participation. We conduct background checks before hire.
Holy Family Liturgy Explorers Leaders will:
• Love liturgy and the opportunity to try something experimental and creative;
• Play and pray with children, as they learn about and respond to elements of the weekly liturgy (Lord’s Prayer, Nicene Creed, Gloria, etc.);
• Work with the Director of Christian Education (DCE) to create materials, plan activities, and observe progress;
• Work with the DCE to create and modify curriculum for next year;
• Provide a welcoming, clean, and safe environment;
• Learn the names of Holy Family parents and children who participate;
• Complete Safe-Church Training within 6 months of hire;
• Report to the Director of Christian Education.
Ideal would be immediate start with classes for 4-5 year olds beginning the first Sunday of Advent.
Class meets during the Rite II liturgy at 10am on Sunday mornings.
Approximately 3 hours a week (one hour in class and two planning hours).
Pay starts at $11.00/hr. Negotiable depending on experience/education.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact the Director of Christian Education, Angela Nelson at email@example.com, to set up a meeting.