Pastor Job Description
(Base Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000 – includes housing allowance)
We are prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor with a Biblically based sermon style that will inspire and motivate our congregation through discipleship, stewardship, worship and fellowship.
Other duties include: teaching, counseling, community outreach, and visitation in a very active mission-oriented church in a rural setting.
Additional responsibilities of the Pastor shall include:
• Serving and supporting as an ex officio member of all committees and church ministries.
• Directing the work of the church secretary.
• Working with the church leadership to coordinate calendar of events.
• Acting as moderator of church business meetings.
• Coordinating the use of the church for special events with the deacon ministry.
• Adhering to the church’s bylaws and constitution.
• Participating in visitation outreach and the church’s vision for growth.
• Designated office hours.
• In agreement with SBC Baptist Faith & Message of 1963.
• Provides leadership and spiritual guidance by setting an example and living the life preached.
• Promotes spiritual growth through preaching and teaching.
• Provides pastoral care.
• Develops and encourages harmony within the church.
• Leads the congregation in effective ministries.
• Exhibits a passion for leading others to Jesus Christ in fulfillment of the Great Commission.
• Encourages and supports the existing new building program to expand the church facilities within a historical church.
• Interacts well with all age-groups (i.e., children, youth, young adults, adults, and senior adults).
• Required: Ordained Baptist Minister
• Required: Master of Divinity Degree
• Preferred: Minimum of 6 years of experience as a Minister
Send resume, references and any electronic media to Colosse Baptist Church, Pastor Search Committee, 23945 King William Road, West Point, VA 23181 or email to email@example.com