ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by nearly eight million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid and trade reform. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE has offices in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Paris, Ottawa, and Washington DC.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Faith Fellow will be responsible for improving ONE’s congregation advocacy program by establishing relationships with new congregations and improving the programs internal operations. In addition, this position will play a supporting role within ONE’s Faith Team on strategy, planning, and other areas of operation. The Faith Fellow will report to the Faith Mobilization Manager. This position is a term-limited, one-year fellowship and will require occasional travel to support ONE’s campaigns and the Faith Team’s field activities. While the position is full-time, flexible work arrangements will be considered.
ABOUT ONE’s FAITH PROGRAM
ONE believes that people of faith play a powerful role in shaping our nation’s commitment to ending extreme poverty. Around the world people of faith are on the front lines of fighting extreme poverty, and we’re proud to partner with them. ONE’s Faith program relies on volunteer leaders to educate their congregations and provide a platform for response through advocacy for the needs of the most vulnerable. Because ONE isn’t a faith-based organization, we work with all people, regardless of their faith background.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
Manage and improve ONE’s flagship congregation program
• In collaboration with relevant departments at ONE, plan and execute a marketing strategy to catalyze the program’s growth
• Provide customer service support, coaching, and other forms of assistance to ONE Congregation Leaders nationwide
• Improve the program’s internal mechanisms including recruitment and on-boarding, volunteer leader accountability, and data collection and reporting (in coordination with ONE’s Field Engagement Manager).
• Prepare program evaluations both at year end and by campaign
• Ensure relevant data and analytics are consistently reported and tracked. Report quarterly results to the Faith Team and NA Advocacy Team leadership.
• Create quarterly marketing material about ONE’s issues and faith engagement
Support ONE’s Faith Team on field work and special projects
• At the direction of the Faith Team lead, support special projects relevant to the Faith Team’s core priorities
• Assist ONE’s field staff in identifying, contacting, and recruiting new ONE Congregation Leaders through relational connections.
• As assigned travel to relevant conferences and events to represent ONE
• As assigned conduct field work in key states and districts to build ONE’s faith program
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
• Passion for ONE’s issues and a desire to live ONE’s values.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience relevant to the position
• Understanding of the faith landscape in the U.S. including how it relates to the political process
• Experience in advocacy and/or organizing on ONE’s issues
• Previous experience as a volunteer, intern, or staff member at a congregation or relevant ministry (pastor, rabbi, deacon, program coordinator, volunteer leader etc.), including ecumenical and multi-faith settings.
• Strong relationship development skills
• Strong writing skills, particularly as it relates to distilling complex/technical concepts into accessible formats for lay audiences.
• Customer service skills, particularly as it relates to phone and email.
• Experience working with remote colleagues a plus