Peachtree Road United Methodist Church (www.prumc.org) is a warm, traditional, large-membership congregation in the heart of the Buckhead community of Atlanta Georgia. A thriving, open, faith community, Peachtree is a congregation characterized by a spirit of hospitality and welcome. Its multi-generational membership is anchored in a rich, 90-year history that makes way for creative initiatives and new traditions.
About the Position
The church is seeking a Director for Youth and their families to lead a comprehensive ministry with youth in grades 6 through 12. This person will provide senior leadership for all aspects of the student ministry, including
• Strategic leadership of a comprehensive student ministry plan
• Increasing the participation of youth in the life of the church
• Recruiting and equipping volunteers
• Deliberately building relationships with students and their families
• Hiring, developing and supervising student ministry staff
• Providing pastoral care to youth and their families
• Equipping and supporting parents of teenagers in the church
• Making effective use of the blessing of extensive, dedicated facilities for student ministry.
• Integrating young people more fully into the Body of Christ.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidates will have at least 5 years of proven experience in youth ministry, and be committed to and well versed in United Methodist theology and practice. He or she will be an excellent communicator and be at ease and effective working with youth, parents, and adult leadership.
The ideal candidate will bring a grounded faith, have at least bachelor’s degree, and be enthusiastic about working as a part of a large church ministry staff. He or she will have the ability not only to engage students as participants in the church’s programs, but also to equip and deploy them as partners in mission and ministry in the church and the community.
Applications can be sent in the form of a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.