The American Protestant Church in Bonn seeks a qualified candidate to fill the role of: Associate Pastor.
• Full-time, 2-year position with option to extend
• Start date is August 15, 2017
• 40 hours per week
• Yearly gross salary: €35,000-40,000 commensurate with experience and education
The Associate Pastor’s responsibilities are in the areas of Youth, Young Adults, and Congregation-Care.
Specifically, the Associate Pastor is responsible for:
• Overseeing ministry to high school students and their families, including: regularly scheduled youth meetings, budgeting, volunteer recruitment and training, special events, outreach to International and German youth involved at the APC, mission projects, special worship services, confirmation and recreational trips
• Overseeing ministry to the young adults through spiritual, theological, social, and membership development
• Facilitating and maintaining good communication between youth, young adults, parents, congregation and Church Council
• Working with the Senior Pastor, the Director of Children’s and Middle School Ministry (DCMM), parents and volunteers to support ministry to all age groups of the church
• Participating in preaching of the Word, administration of the sacraments and other forms of pastoral care as agreed with the Senior Pastor
Associate Pastor Expectations
• Able to affirm the APC Statement of Faith
• Able to minister effectively and respectfully in a theologically and culturally diverse setting
• Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor for ministerial oversight, etc.
• Participate in monthly Council meetings
Associate Pastor Qualifications and Skills
• Actively pursuing maturity in Christ
• Master’s degree related to Christian ministry
• Ordained or in the ordination process with an established Protestant denomination
• Practical experience with youth, and young adult ministry
• Creative approach to ministry
• Team player and competent communicator
• At least 2 years of relevant ministry experience
• Native or near-native English language competency; German language skills welcome but not mandatory
• Musical ability and experience leading youth in musical forms of worship is desired, but not required
How to apply or request further information:
Please email your cover letter, resume, letters of reference and questions to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please indicate that you are applying for the Associate Pastor position.
Applications will be received until May 31, 2016. The search team will review applications and interview applicants on a rolling basis.
About the American Protestant Church
APC serves a diverse population of English speakers living in and around Bonn. We are a community thoughtfully engaged in our faith, embracing people of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds, and circumstances. Our mission is to call the English speaking community to Christ and Christlikeness by serving their needs.
Please visit our website at www.apcbonn.de.