Spring 2018 Divinity School Graduation Information
Duke University holds graduation ceremonies only in the spring. Graduates who earned their degrees in September or December may participate in graduation ceremonies in May. Duke Divinity Students will be hooded during the Divinity Baccalaurate ceremony, and diplomas are distributed for May graduate immediately after Divinity Baccalaurate. Below are important dates related to graduation.
- Last day to donate for the Senior Gift – Thursday, April 13
- Cross Ceremony- Wednesday, April 18
- Closing Convocation – Thursday, April 19 at Duke Chapel
- Senior Class Dinner –Wednesday, May 9
- Div Baccalaureate – Saturday, May 12 at 6:30pm
- Duke Divinity Baccalaurate will be held on Saturday, May 12, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. Graduates who are participating in Baccalaurate must arrive in Goodson Chapel by 5:00 p.m. More information will be posted in February 2018.
We recommend making hotel reservations and securing dinner reservations for your family as early as possible. Many hotels and restaurants get booked early due to the many other universities in the area holding commencement activities the same weekend.
University Commencement Information
- University Commencement at Wallace Wade - Sunday May 13 at 9:00am
Duke University maintains a university-wide website for commencement weekend with schedules, resources, information about traveling to Durham, and more.