Duke University holds graduation ceremonies only in the spring. Graduates who earned their degrees in September or December may participate in graduation ceremonies in May.
2017 Deadlines and Events
- April 1 - Portfolios due in Chalk & Wire (see Student Portfolios for more information)
- April 15 - Last day to apply to graduate in DukeHub
- April 17 - Last day to give to the class gift in order to be included in the Baccalaureate program
- April 19 - Graduate Cross Service at 11:25 a.m. in Goodson Chapel; Class photo on the Duke Chapel steps at 12:30 p.m., followed by the mandatory Baccalaureate rehearsal at 12:30 p.m. in Duke Chapel
- April 20 - Closing Convocation at 11:25 a.m. in Duke Chapel
- May 10 - Class of 2017 banquet
- May 13 - Divinity Baccalaureate and Hooding Service at 6:30 p.m. in Duke Chapel; Graduates must arrive at Goodson Chapel to line up by 5 p.m.
- May 14 - Duke University Commencement at Wallace Wade Stadium
2017 Graduation Details
The Divinity School held a meeting on Feb. 15, 2017 for graduates that covered detailed information about all the events listed above. The 2017 Graduation Information Sheet (pdf) includes details on:
- How to obtain tickets for Divinity Baccalaureate and Hooding Service on May 13
- Where to order your regalia
- How to ensure you have taken all the necessary steps to earn your degree
- Important information about senior class photo, class gift, and class banquet
Duke University maintains a university-wide website for commencement weekend with schedules, resources, information about traveling to Durham, and more.