Salem UMC is located in the growing area of Denver, NC, north of Charlotte. God calls Salem UMC to be the Spirit of Jesus Christ alive in the world today. This youth ministry strives to invite teenagers into a personal relationship with Christ, equipping them to learn and grow in their faith while allowing God to transform their heart, then engaging them with others they encounter each day. The Director of youth Ministries will engage the diversity of the teenagers within middle school and high school, allowing each teenager to form relationships that aid in mentoring their faith and ability to share in ministry as a part of the body of Christ.
Candidates should have 1) a personal commitment to Christ, 2) a passion for leading young people, parents, and the youth ministry team on the path of faith formation, 3) a heart for engaging youth in reaching others for Christ outside the church walls, 4) experience with trends in youth ministry, 5) knowledge of communication and technology that speaks to youth and families, and 6) an understanding of United Methodist theology.
Preference will be given to those with experience and a degree and/or certification in youth ministry or a related field.
Responsibilities to Include (but not limited to)
• Ministry Team development, training, and nurture
• Responsible for all youth ministry to include teaching, curriculum development, volunteers, calendaring, etc. to include
o Youth Sunday School (2 classes)
o Wednesday night Bible study (2 classes)
o Sunday night youth ministry
o Seasonal Ministries like summer devotion and study times
o Mission trips and retreats
o Local Missions
o Chrysalis participation as needed
o Assist with Confirmation as needed
• Adhere to Safe Sanctuary Policy and Procedures
• Oversee all communication for youth ministry
• Parental Support and Counseling
• Work inclusively with staff to vision and plan holistic ministries
• Visitation with families and support at youth athletic events
• Plan, implement, and be accountable for youth budget to include securing of funds for mission trips
• Incorporate the gifts and passions of the youth as needed (music, drama, etc.)
• Connecting with UM resources including CEF, Youth ministry networks, and district/conference offerings for continued growth, education and opportunities for personal development and the strengthening of the larger Church.
• Developing new ministries based on God’s call and the passions and gifts of staff, volunteers, and youth
To Apply for this Position
Email the following to email@example.com
• a cover letter to share some of your faith journey
• a resume (in MS Word format)
• a list of references (at least 3)