Interested in working in the Furniture Capital of the World? Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church (www.wesleymemorial.org) of High Point, NC is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries. This person will be the primary leader for the ministries with youth (grades 6-12) and college/university students. The Director will serve the congregation by developing, coordinating and administering a comprehensive and expanding ministry of Christian Education and Spiritual Formation for students of the church and surrounding community, and provide leadership to and supervision of volunteers involved with this ministry.
Qualifications for this position are
• A commitment to the Christian faith and to serving God through the faith formation of students, as well as an acceptance of the doctrine and polity of the United Methodist Church.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education/Christian education; Master’s degree is preferred.
• Two – five years of significant, successful experience in developing student ministry programs in a medium or large congregational setting.
• Current experience in the recruitment, development and management of a significant number of volunteers.
• Takes initiative, is dependable, and punctual.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal and conflict management skills.
• Able to work flexible hours and maintain confidentiality in appropriate settings.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.