May 28, 2015
Children's Discipleship Coordinator
Assurance United Methodist Church, Connections Campus
Charlotte, NC USA
Title: Children’s Discipleship Coordinator
Location: Connections Campus of Assurance United Methodist Church
Responsible to: Pastor, Connections Campus
Ministry Group: Children, infant through 5th grade
Summary: Assurance United Methodist Church, a multisite church based in Huntersville, is looking for a Children’s Discipleship Coordinator for the Connections campus in West Charlotte near the Brookshire Blvd corridor. Anticipated time commitment would be 10 hours per week. This person would implement programming for children and would love God, children, and their families. Passion for multicultural ministry along with possessing a creative spirit to fully engage children in their education and faith formation is a must. Compensation commensurate with experience ($8,000 -$12,000).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter expressing interest.
Anticipated Time Commitments:
Hours Per Week: 10 hours per week with opportunity for growth
Monthly Meetings: Campus Council Meeting, Children’s Discipleship Team Meeting
Other: Participation in other essential meetings and all church events where children will be present
1. Assist the Director of Children’s Discipleship in casting the vision for children’s ministry at Assurance.
2. Work with the pastoral staff, campus council, and the Director of Children’s Discipleship to develop and coordinate all children’s programming for the Assurance Connections Campus in concert with the church’s overall mission and vision.
3. Participate in campus-wide meetings wherever and whenever decisions are made that may impact the ministry under your supervision.
4. Use available tools and leverage relationships to recruit volunteer servants to support children’s ministry.
5. Provide leadership and serve as shepherd to the children’s ministry team.
6. Assist in organizing and or facilitating training sessions for children’s leaders/workers.
7. Work with Safe Sanctuary Committee to facilitate campus safe sanctuary requirements.
8. In cooperation with the budgeting process prepare and manage the children’s ministry budget.
9. Develop and implement strategies to develop relationships with parents and guardians of the children in your care.
10. Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
11. Responsible for coordinating the nursery and infant schedule.
12. Manage campus communications between ministries that interact with children’s ministries.
Desired Experience and Skills:
1. A minimum of 3-5 years of children’s ministry experience
2. Experience developing and implementing children ministry programming
3. Experience with creating attractive brochures / marketing collateral
4. Preferred experience working with a multi-ethnic community
5. A passion for the arts i.e, music / drama / art / painting etc.
6. A passion for developing the gifts of others to further assist them in growing as leaders
May 28, 2015
Southern Baptist Pastor
Bethel Baptist Church
Hertford, NC USA
Bethel Baptist Church in Hertford, North Carolina is prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor to minister our church and the surrounding community. We are a small conservative Southern Baptist church with a drive to reach the lost for Christ. Worship service attendance is currently around 120 persons and around 30 persons for Wednesday evening Bible study. Applicants should have prior experience as a Senior Pastor and minimum Bachelors or equivalent. We are looking for a Pastor clearly called by God, who is biblically grounded, able to teach, compassionate and will strive to see each member grow in a closer relationship with Christ. Please click the link below or email email@example.com.
May 19, 2015
Sharon Baptist Church
Smithfield, NC USA
Sharon Baptist Church is in search of a Senior Pastor to work in a collaborative church setting that values roles of both laity and staff persons. The Pastor will be responsible for preaching, leading worship, and providing pastoral care and congregational support. Interested applicants should send a resume to Ron Whittington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 12, 2015
Minister with Students
Hayes Barton Baptist Church
Raleigh, NC USA
HAYES BARTON BAPTIST CHURCH POSITION DESCRIPTION:
MINISTER WITH STUDENTS
Effective Date: May 2015
Reports to: Pastor
Directly Supervises: Student Ministry Intern, when applicable
Status: Full Time
I. Job Summary
The Minister with Students supports the ministry and mission of the church by guiding the process of visioning, planning, organizing and conducting a comprehensive ministry with middle school, high school and college students as well as their families. This role has a focus of enhancing the spiritual and social development of the church’s youth through worship, teaching and fellowship. The Minister with Students provides an example of how to live a Christ-centered life, and prepares students for integrating the truths of the scriptures with their everyday lives. This role also assists the Pastor and staff team in ministering to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the congregation and community.
II. Essential Functions
1. Develop programs and special activities with students (6th - 12th grades, and college students) which constitute quality Christian education and developmental opportunities that interface with the overall ministry and mission of the church. Do this in a safe and secure environment in accordance with guidelines for working with students established by the church.
2. Work both individually and in collaboration with the Nominating Committee in the enlistment of individuals from the larger church congregation to serve as ongoing Student Ministry program leaders, and to fulfill other needed volunteer roles, with a view towards fostering a spirit of adoption of the students into the larger church congregation and also towards effectively and efficiently administering Student Ministry programs and events. Develop training programs and/or activities for leaders and volunteers so that expectations and requirements are made clear and adequately communicated.
3. Work both individually and in collaboration with the Nominating Committee in the enlistment of individuals to serve on the Student Ministry and College Ministry Councils. Guide these Councils in the process of visioning planning/calendaring, budgeting, and evaluating their overall ministries.
4. Develop an annual calendar of Student Ministry meetings, activities and events in advance of each traditional year school year to be communicated with student leaders, parents and staff so that the overall program plans are included in the church calendar.
5. Design and implement an ongoing timely and effective multilevel system of communicating with student leaders, parents and staff.
6. Encourage student participation in all facets of Student Ministry, including Sunday School, Sunday evening activities, Wednesday evening activities, and youth and student music programs at HBBC.
7. Establish a transition plan for 5th grade students and parents into the Student Ministry program with a view towards explaining expectations associated with Student Ministry participation, available Student Ministry activities and events, and easing the integration of new Student Ministry participants into the current body.
8. Be responsible that all facets of the ministry remain within the Student Ministry budget. If more funds are needed and the activity is approved by the Pastor, design and implement alternative means of funding within church guidelines.
9. Serve as a pastor to students and their families, attempting to understand their interests, concerns and needs. Endeavor to support students in their activities outside of church, for example, by attending athletic games, concerts, and plays.
10. Perform outreach visitation, hospital visitation and counseling with students and parents. Always maintain confidentiality where requested or warranted. Assist in hospital visitation and pastoral care to the larger congregation.
11. Effectively communicate the availability and occurrence of Student Ministry programs and activities to the larger congregation and visitors to HBBC.
12. Develop a program to minister to the college students of HBBC and the larger community.
13. Be a minister to the whole church, and fellow staff members.
14. Cooperate fully with the ministerial and support staff to the end that unity, loyalty, cohesiveness, effectiveness, and efficiency are realized through teamwork.
15. Accept other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
III. Other Responsibilities
1. Liaison to committees, councils, ministry boards as assigned
2. Serve as a key leader for a special project as assigned
3. Serve as a key leader for a special annual event as assigned
4. Participate in performance management process
IV. Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s Degree -- Required
2. Graduate degree from accredited seminary/divinity school -- Preferred.
3. Previous ministry experience in a Baptist church of like faith and order -- Preferred
4. Able to preach/teach effectively in a worship setting
V. Physical Requirements
1. Able to speak and hear clearly
2. Able to see and observe behaviors of minors
VI. Core Competencies
1. Mission Ownership: Understands, supports and demonstrates the congregation’s mission, values, and beliefs and regularly behaves in a manner consistent with them.
2. Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with all others who are relevant to the completion of work; works well with people at all levels of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; considers the impact of his/her actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles; uses Social Media appropriately, responsibly, and in a manner that has been communicated to parents.
3. Evangelism/Spiritual Formation: Able to communicate the essential truth of the Gospel in age appropriate ways for students and families. Assists parents in knowing how to share the Gospel with their students. Invites students and their families to a lifestyle of discipleship as a journey or process. Uses a variety of spiritual practices to deepen and develop a mature faith in Christ.
4. Teaching: Designs effective lesson plans and facilitates learning experiences in both small and large group settings; selects teaching topics that are age appropriate, relevant, and contribute to a deeper understanding of Scripture, theology and spiritual practice; uses a variety of teaching topics to maintain interest and build connection.
5. Leadership Development: Consistently works toward building an effective team to carry out the work of ministry. Encourages others to discover and engage their giftedness and skills in service to the church, especially the Student Ministry. Identifies, recruits and trains new leaders. Thinks strategically about the continual need for a next generation of leaders and works to build the leadership base.
May 07, 2015
University Baptist Church
Baltimore, MD US
The Senior Pastor provides spiritual, pastoral, outreach, administrative, and servant leadership to the congregation of University Baptist Church so the congregation might fulfill its mission as a light of Christ in the City of Baltimore. The Senior Pastor relates to and connects with multiple generations and a diverse congregation within an urban environment. In addition, the pastor represents the congregation in denominational or community organizations and activities to learn new ways that the church can support and engage with the surrounding area. Recognizing the importance of spiritual health and one’s personal relationship with God, the Senior Pastor takes time for regular prayer, Bible study, rest, and recreation. Lastly, the Senior Pastor extends God’s grace to others and leads by example as one who is relational, authentic, transparent, and humble.
Applications (Resume and Cover Letter) must be submitted both via email to email@example.com AND via mail to University Baptist Church 3501 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218
May 07, 2015
Executive Director, CrossRoads Ministry, Louisville, KY
Louisville, KY United States
CrossRoads Ministry is a social justice retreat center located in Louisville, KY. Rooted in Catholic Social Teaching and in the message of gospel justice, CrossRoads offers retreatants the opportunity to be transformed through forming relationships with marginalized people in Louisville. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of CrossRoads' operations, including development and fundraising, finances, coordination of retreats, management of staff, interns & volunteers, occasional retreat facilitation, and active participation at St. William Catholic Church, of which CrossRoads is an outreach ministry.
May 01, 2015
Durham, NC USA
Worship Leader needed for Sunday evening service. Epiphany Church is a new faith community of the United Methodist Church that gathers at Doyle's Vineyard in South Durham. The vision for Epiphany is to gather people into communion with Jesus Christ by creating a home for spiritual discovery along the borders of of our world. Epiphany helps people see the God that is in them and with them already by dusting off the rich traditions of the church including liturgy, symbols, rituals, and music to present them as a way to see God in the world.
Preferred Qualifications: Education and/or experience in leading worship. Ability to think theologically about worship music. Ability to gather and lead a team of musicians. Organization and promptness highly valued.
Primary Role: Help craft and lead worship weekly in partnership with pastoral staff.
1. Select music for worship – pre-worship gathering music, offering music, special music (e.g. Communion, Reflection), congregational hymns/songs, post-worship music.
2. Choose songs with an emphasis on theme each Sunday, in collaboration with the preacher.
3. Recruit and equip volunteer musicians for the music team.
4. Lead weekly rehearsals with music team.
5. Set-up for 5 pm worship on Sundays.
6. Responsible for every Sunday and coordinating substitute coverage. Epiphany will provide pay for four Sundays of annual leave and provide stipend for substitute leader.
7. Willingness to embrace future possibilities of growing the worship team and worship opportunities at Epiphany.
May 01, 2015
Pastor/Head of Staff
First Presbyterian Church
Middletown, OHIO USA
PASTOR/HEAD OF STAFF. First Presbyterian Church in Middletown, Ohio is an established growing church actively seeking more ways to live our mission statement: “Share the Good News, Nurture the Spirit, Serve Members and Neighbors.” This requires creative, inspiring and collaborative leadership that will guide elders, deacons and other lay leadership to coordinate and equip our congregation of 530 members to provide pastoral care and spiritual development. Assisted by two pastoral residents plus support staff, the experienced pastor will display energetic leadership of the congregation as it strengthens its historical mission. It is important that the Sunday worship be skillfully coordinated, so that it is enlightening and fulfilling both intellectually and spiritually. The pastor will need to lead the congregation, as it finds new ways to serve those in need in our community.
View MIF #06482.ADO. Submit PIF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 29, 2015
Creedmoor, NC USA
Creedmoor United Methodist Church in Creedmoor, NC is seeking a part time youth director willing to invest in youth ministry. We are looking for a youth leader that works well with youth, parents, and volunteers to create a welcoming environment where youth can grow in their relationship with God, each other and in service to their neighbors. CUMC is a growing church with two worship services (9:30AM & 11AM) The youth group meets on Sunday evenings at separate times; middle school age & high school age with a shared supper in between.
- love youth where they are
- encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
- provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
- challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
- A passion for serving youth and their families
- Ability to plan, and measure the results of the ministry programs and events.
- Effectively communicate information to youth and parents through a variety of communication media and methods.
Prefer one year experience working in a youth ministry program.
For more information and to submit a resume, please contact Wendy Gaudette at email@example.com
March 31, 2015
Balboa union church
Panama, Panama Panama
Do you have the passion to lead an international, ecumenical community?
Do you speak Spanish?
Are you ordained and/or theologically trained at a seminary or divinity school?
Are you open to considering an unconventional and rewarding ministry position abroad?
Balboa Union Church (BUC) is a bilingual, interdenominational congregation, founded and built in the early 1900s to serve the spiritual needs of Panama Canal workers of all denominations. We are looking for a progressive minister who will partner with our congregation to grow the church and expand our outreach into the community!
The city of Panama is the most vibrant and connected capital in the Americas, with a large expat community from throughout the world. The predominant religion in the country of Panama is Catholicism, and there is a strong evangelical community. As pastor of BUC, you will help provide a third option, leading what is currently the only progressive church in the nation.
To learn more, contact Joel Guerra, of the church’s Pastoral Search Committee.