April 09, 2014
San Francisco, CA USA
Eucharist is an Anglican church plant in downtown San Francisco looking to bring on qualified interns to join our ministry team. The internship is intended for those who want to grow in their faith, experience church-based ministry in an urban context and offer their gifts as a part of a church staff alongside others doing so. Interns can participate in this program part-time or full-time. Minimum length of commitment for an internship is 12 weeks. Ideal length is 9-12 months. If internship is part-time, the intern is expected to invest a minimum of 10 hours weekly into this program.
• Self-Directed / Leadership-oriented – Needs to be self-motivated. Must possess a strong sense of internal drive, due to the unstructured nature of ministry / church planting.
• Communicator – Must be capable of listening as well as expressing his / herself to others.
• Passionate – Must exhibit a deep commitment and desire to love and serve Jesus and be willing to sacrifice for this commitment
Desirable Skills / Experience:
• Small Group Facilitation
• Administration, Leadership
• Graphic Design, Artistic skills / eye
• Musical Gifts
• Hospitality, Cross-cultural experience
• Worked with Youth or Children
• Community Service Volunteer work
Suggested Job Description (to be determined based on candidates strengths and interests):
A) 60% of time developing any number of various ministries of Eucharist (to be determined through conversation with the Lead Pastor
B) 20% of time in direct Missional engagement with the non-believing community
C) 20% of time in structured discipleship mentoring process
Other Requirements / Factors:
Education – Some college education
Experience – Volunteer experience with a church preferred
Character / Spiritual Maturity – This individual must be a baptized and committed Christian and have a hunger for continual spiritual growth.
Theological Resonance – Applicant should be comfortable with our statement of faith and have some understanding of our three guiding influences (Evangelical, Charismatic and Sacramental) and what they mean.
Team / Personality Chemistry – This individual must fit in with the team (sense of humor, flexibility, etc.)
Funding / Expectations:
Eucharist is not able to pay interns. The interns are responsible for raising all living costs. The intern applicant should be aware that this is one of the most expensive cities in the US to live in. Eucharist is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which means it is possible for the intern to do all of his / her fundraising through our organization with no administration fee. We will provide tax-deductible receipts to all donors and handle the appropriate paperwork.
What Eucharist Offers: We will cover the cost of one continuing education conference, provide a structured and consistent mentoring / discipleship process and encourage and support the intern as he / she explores his / her ministry gifts and abilities in a variety of settings. This is a unique chance to experience church planting from the inside in one of the most creative and fascinating urban environments in the world.
Contact: Email for information on how you can apply for this internship. Our internship program has an open enrollment. Actual timing of the internship depends on the applicant in conversation with the Lead Pastor.
April 09, 2014
San Francisco, CA USA
Eucharist is currently looking to bring on a qualified pastoral intern. We believe that perhaps the best way to develop and grow as a pastor is to be given a supportive opportunity to try out gifts and experience first-hand the joys and challenges of ministry. Eucharist is in a position to offer unique ministry opportunities along with nurture and support.
Value: Why might you want to do a pastoral internship at Eucharist?
• Unique Identity | Location: We are an urban Anglican church plant in San Francisco. What a valuable learning experience to be part of creating something in one of the most exciting and challenging mission fields of the West!
• Creative Tensions: We are young, vibrant, creative AND rooted, historic, orthodox. We are evangelical, charismatic AND sacramental (hard to find these all together in one setting).
• Hands: Opportunity for a lot of hands-on ministry experience that you might not find in a better established setting.
• Mind: We value the life of the mind… no dumbed down Christianity here!
• Heart: We are passionate about spiritual formation that is rooted in the tried and true models of the past 2,000 years while also seeking to be in touch with the best contemporary thinking and practice.
Who: Qualified applicants are those called to offer ministry via an ordained office (Deacon or Priest). Applicants will need to be 1) already in the Anglican ordination track and / or 2) have completed or be currently enrolled in a Theology Master’s program (MDiv preferred) and desire to work within an Anglican ministry setting as clergy. Exceptions may be made for someone who has extensive pastoral experience or who otherwise demonstrates they are qualified.
How: In conversation with the Lead Pastor, the pastoral intern will develop a job description that suits the congregation’s needs and fits the pastoral intern’s gifts / calling / experience. The pastoral intern will have appropriate responsibility in an area of ministry (i.e. evangelism, small groups ministry, youth, pastoral care, etc.) and operate as a part of the staff of Eucharist. He / She will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
Duration: The pastoral internship is intended to officially last 12 months but may also be renewed for additional time in conversation with the Lead Pastor.
Time: The pastoral intern will be expected to invest a minimum of 20 hours a week into ministry. The precise amount and focus of time will be explored in conversation with the Lead Pastor.
Salary: No compensation is able to be offered. However, the Intern may qualify to fundraise through Eucharist (as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit) in order to raise a stipend for this position should this be desired. Additionally, the pastoral intern would be welcome to take on part-time work outside the church in order to support himself/herself.
Desirable: We are looking for candidates who are passionate about serving Christ, committed to discipleship, called and gifted for pastoral ministry, able to handle the challenges of urban life and who have chemistry with our staff.
Information: For general information about us, visit our website. To find out how you can apply for this role, please email to address listed below.
March 27, 2014
The Reformed Church of Bronxville
Bronxville, NY USA
Summary of Position: This new position provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to have a huge impact on the lives of our families and congregation. We want someone with the motivation and maturity to take this challenge and provide strong leadership in this critical part of the life of our church.
The Family Minister ideally should have strong experience leading and implementing a family ministry program. The Family Minister will be called upon to cultivate relationships with the families and youth in our church and to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to nurture them toward spiritual growth and maturity. This person should have high spiritual maturity, strong relational and communication skills, and experience in leadership and administration.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville is a church with over 900 family members in Bronxville, New York, located in Westchester County, approximately 16 miles north of Mid-town Manhattan. The church is blessed to have exceptional senior leadership by Senior Minister Rev. Ken Ruge and Associate Minister Cari Pattison, head of Congregational Life, a skilled and dedicated staff and administration, an active and engaged Consistory, and a sizeable and healthy congregation. The church has a $2.4 million annual operating budget and $23 million endowment, enjoys a wonderful physical facility, nursery school, extensive programming, and is situated right in the heart of scenic Bronxville, NY.
Over the course of 2012-13, the church engaged in an intensive and broadly inclusive self-evaluation and strategic planning process, with the benefit of assistance from The Alban Institute, which affirmed many aspects of the church and identified areas for strengthening and future growth. In the fall of 2013, following the resignation of our previous full-time youth director, the church commissioned an internal task force to evaluate best practices in the areas of family faith formation and youth ministry. Recognizing the need and opportunity to create greater engagement and relevance with our families and particularly our youth, who are our future, the church unanimously committed to establish a top quality family ministry program and hire an experienced family faith minister to lead and administer the program with the engagement and support of the clergy, staff, Consistory, and membership.
The position is full-time and permanent, meaning the church is making a long-term commitment to family ministry and we are seeking a candidate who will remain with our church community for many years to come. Compensation will be full-time salary and benefits commensurate with an experienced minister position.
The Family Minister will be called upon to cultivate relationships with the families and youth in our church and to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to nurture them toward spiritual growth and maturity.
We will ask our Family Minister to:
• To be an engaging, passionate and inspirational leader who will share, promote and help families and youth develop their Christian faith.
• To participate in a significant way in church leadership, administration, and worship activities.
• To develop, lead, and administer a Family Ministry program, designed to address the spiritual needs and development of fathers, mothers and youth, as individual groups and collectively as families. We are seeking to develop a program that is engaging, relevant, integrated, and experiential. We believe elements of this program would include:
• To develop and administer, along with support of others, programs focused on fathers, and mothers in the church (there is currently an active women’s program, however the men’s program is under-developed).
• To serve as a group leader and ministry coordinator for the youth program, including, along with the help of adult volunteers, to direct spiritual development and activities of students in fifth grade through high school, including the 8th grade confirmation process (we are currently functioning with an interim, part time youth director).
• To oversee Christian Education and Youth Ministry, and closely collaborate with Mission and Outreach as well as Music to develop and implement coordinated programs and activities.
• To create a community in which ALL our youth, wherever they are in life’s path or in their faith journey feel unconditionally loved and accepted as they are.
• To create an environment in which our youth are challenged and developed, and where youth choose to passionately participate in something larger than themselves vs. participating because their parents told them to.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville places a high value on spiritual maturity. We expect our Family Minister:
• To be mature and fully devoted to God and to the church of Jesus Christ.
• To have a love for scripture and some facility and experience teaching from God’s Word.
• To be prayerful and comfortable leading others in prayer.
• To be a strong role model of Christian living, with high standards for integrity and character.
• To be able to recognize God’s leading and use Godly wisdom for direction for this ministry.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville desires someone who is able to build strong relational ties. We expect our Family Minister to:
• Demonstrate a servant’s character with parents, youth, staff and volunteers.
• Be authentic, able to relate with youth of all backgrounds, hopefully even be cool :-)
• Live with a joyful spirit and a good sense of humor.
• Value the intergenerational experiences and gifts of the full family-life of the church.
• Recognize the importance of connecting to the wider community of Bronxville and Westchester County and be comfortable doing so.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville is looking for someone who meets the following qualifications and professional standards:
• Ideally has a Master’s degree in ministry, however the candidate need not be an ordained minister. Possesses at least a Bachelor degree (minimum requirement); (Please note this is not a “called” ministry position).
• Five to ten years of experience and demonstrated success in a ministry, including with family ministry and youth ministry (highly desired), and ideally experience and methodology for leading a family ministry program. However, highly qualified candidates with less experience will be considered.
• Must have passion, commitment and professionalism.
• Be highly organized and able to demonstrate leadership in administration and work in a team environment.
• Be able to effectively communicate with adults and youth of various ages and levels of spiritual maturity.
• Proficiency in communications technology and social media (preferred).
• To understand, support, and protect the Reformed Church of Bronxville’s mission, values, and culture.
• To articulate the vision and goals for ministry programs and activities.
• To encourage and support adult volunteers and equip them for service.
• Must be willing to abide with the Reformed Church of Bronxville’s rules of conduct, safety rules in adult/youth circumstances and communications, and have a stewardship for the church and facilities.
• The Family Minister will be accountable to and supported by the Senior Minister, Youth Council Chairman, and Church Consistory.
We understand and expect that the Family Minister would bring her/his own dreams and visions as to what this ministry might become in the future.
We will encourage, pray for and support you as a leader in this congregation.
For additional information on The Reformed Church of Bronxville, please refer to: www.reformedchurch.org.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume via email.
March 15, 2014
Youth Director/Worship Leader
Richlands United Methodist Church
Richlands, NC USA
A growing, dynamic and mission-focused congregation, Richlands United Methodist Church located in Richlands, North Carolina, seeks a Full-Time Staff with dual responsibilities – Youth Director/Worship leader. The successful applicant must possess a Christ-like character, integrity and humility.
Strong communication (written and spoken) skills with an ability to relate to all ages;
Knowledge of technology and effective social media usage;
Outstanding musicianship (vocal and instrumental) with ability to independently lead praise and worship service;
Personal beliefs must align with United Methodist theology;
Education: Degrees in related disciplines including but not limited to Religious Studies, Education, Music, Mission Studies, Praise and Worship Studies, and/or combination of education and experience;
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package negotiable.
Only serious and qualified candidates need apply. Interested individuals may contact Richlands United Methodist Church by phone. Letters of inquiry and resume with (3) letters of reference may be submitted via email or mailed to P.O. Box 1217, Richlands, NC 28574. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rev. Edgar De Jesus
March 01, 2014
Church Without Walls (CWOW)
Berkeley, CA USA
Reporting to the Chair of the Elder Team, the Senior Pastor will provide compelling teaching of Scripture and take on a visible leadership role at the Sunday evening service. The Senior Pastor will shepherd the congregation by providing pastoral care and partnering with the Elder Team and other leaders in using spiritual discernment to guide the future direction of the church. The Senior Pastor will help the church lean into life with Jesus and live out CWOW's mission.
The Senior Pastor will draw upon the varied and deep leadership and ministry background of the Elder Team and membership at large to implement various church programs and events.
The growing number of regular attenders in the church are not only racially diverse, but also in a wide variety of places in their journey with Jesus. In conjunction with the welcoming team and elders, the Senior Pastor will engage regular attenders and welcome visitors, suggesting opportunities they might consider for further involvement in the life of the church.
The Senior Pastor will be reviewed after 30, 60 and 90 days in the position; thereafter, evaluations will occur on an as-needed basis, not to be less frequent than annually. Reviews will consist of both a self-evaluation by the Senior Pastor as well as a performance evaluation by the Chair of the Elder Team. The performance evaluation will serve as a check point for continuation in the role. This is a 100% time position.
• Devote themselves to study and prayer to nurture and grow their relationship with Christ.
• Devote themselves to study and preparation to deliver the Sunday sermons.
• Give leadership and governance to the worship services.
• Minister the Sacraments of Baptism and Communion.
• Work with the Elder Team in their oversight of the church’s spiritual health.
• Provide pastoral care to the church.
• Oversee and encourage the ministries of the church.
• In conjunction with the Elder Team and other leaders, continually discern God's voice in guiding the direction of CWOW.
• Work as appropriate with the Pacific Southwest Conference and denominational Evangelical Covenant leadership to further the development of the congregation.
• Participate in education and seminar events for personal and professional growth.
• In conjunction with the Elder Team, provide leadership to staff and church leaders. Work with staff to develop, set and achieve ministry goals and ensure accountability through regular staff meetings.
• Coordinate shared teaching/preaching schedule and plan subject matter.
• Provide key input and, in some instances, conduct annual performance evaluations for administrative and paid staff.
• Work with the Elder Team on general administration issues of the church.
• Attend annual congregation meeting reporting on key events of calendar year and what lies ahead for the coming year.
• Participate as an ex-officio member of the Elder Team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Professional and Background Requirements
• Education: In addition to an undergraduate degree, completion of a Masters of Divinity, Theology or advanced degree in related area required.
• Must possess or be willing to attain Evangelical Covenant Church Ministerial Credential: Ministry License (ML) or Bi-Vocational (BV)
• Required: Minimum of three years experience ministering in racially and socioeconomically diverse urban settings and/or in relatively close proximity to a university or other environment characterized as secular or liberal.
• Required: Minimum of five years demonstrated experience teaching Scripture.
• Preference given to candidates with three or more years of experience as a senior or associate pastor.
• Demonstrated history successfully leading and developing experienced lay leaders.
• Possesses collaborative leadership and decision-making approach.
• The Senior Pastor’s life is in harmony with the Word of God.
• Possesses advanced written and verbal communication skills.
February 26, 2014
Director Youth Ministries
Shandon United Methodist Church
Columbia, SC USA
Director Youth Ministries. Passion/calling for youth ministry is critical. Full-time with benefits. Bachelor's degree, Youth Certification/Christian Education, and 3-5 years relevant experience preferred. Large urban church with an established multidimensional youth ministry (Bible studies, UMYF, mission projects, day camp, Sunday school, trips/retreats, etc.). Salary commensurate with experience. E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Shandon United Methodist Church SPRC, 3407 Devine St., Columbia, SC 29205.
January 08, 2014
Church, Ministry, Education
Director for Children, Youth and Family Ministries
Meadows Presbyterian Church
Charlottesville, VA USA
This Director will serve Meadows Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) by effectively evaluating current programs and then developing, expanding and implementing new programs (as needed) for children, youth and their families in line with Session’s ministry vision, strategy, and goals for these groups. Experience and passion for positively impacting those served should inspire children to begin exploring a living faith in Jesus Christ, challenge the youth to grow spiritually, and equip parents with tools for expanding spiritual life in the home. The Director will also recruit, organize, train and energize volunteers at all levels to engage Meadows’ children, youth, and families.
Melanie Veliky, Director Search Committee Member
December 10, 2013
New Fire for Christ
Norfolk, VA United States
The Campaign Director will set up, help lead and administrate, and follow-up evangelistic campaigns in countries around the world, such as Pakistan, India, Kenya, Tanzania, and many others. He will work with pastors and other leaders in cities to set up meetings attended by tens of thousands of people, in order to win many to Christ and organize effective, on-going discipleship, especially in many of the least-reached nations in the world.
This position requires a whole-hearted commitment to Jesus Christ and a deep desire to obey His command to "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations" (Matt. 28:29). Furthermore, it requires a complete dedication to New Fire for Christ. This position is demanding and full-time, which means above and beyond 40+ hours a week! It also requires working with the staff of New Fire for Christ to raise the funds necessary to pay your salary and ministry costs.
We are looking for a humble, yet confident, young man who is willing to travel, devote his life to bringing people to Christ.
This young man would be working closely with Dr. Bob Boyd a phenomenal evangelist and charismatic person. He graduated from the College of William and Mary. As a senior in college, Bob met Christ in a dramatic encounter that transformed his life. Called to the ministry, he attended Dallas Theological Seminary and he earned his doctorate in Biblical Preaching at Asbury Seminary. He was a pastor of a growing church on the “Walton’s Mountain” of TV fame. Then Campus Crusade for Christ International invited Bob to join its staff as a National Speaker. After 12 years with Cru Bob and his wife, Mallory began the Bob Boyd Evangelism Association in 1997 (now New Fire for Christ). Dr. Boyd and the team now lead large city-wide and university-wide evangelistic campaigns around the world. Bob has spoken to millions of people in these campaigns, but also on the radio and on TV. Countless thousands have become active Disciples of Christ because of his passion to follow the Great Commission and truly walk in the footsteps of Paul. Bob and Mallory have four sons and live in Norfolk, VA.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and your salvation story to:
New Fire for Christ
PO Box 6171
Norfolk, VA 23508
Dr. Bob Boyd, Jr.
August 11, 2013
Nam Bu Presbyterian Church
SunCheon, Chunnam South Korea
We need a Pastor for English Worship Ministry in Korea. Our church has an English Worship for Foreigners. Most of them are Westerners teaching English in Korea and some of them are Filipino students and workers. A Pastor will preach in morning devotion(6 am) on weekdays (It can be like a small group bible study). And preach on Sunday Worship at 11:00am. Also another bible study once a week. *Posting end date can be flexible: we can extend the contract every year, so if a pastor likes to continue to work it's possible to extend.