July 15, 2014
Associate Pastor of Family Life and Music
Manly Memorial Baptist Church
Lexington, Virginia United States
This is a full-time position, reporting directly to the Senior Pastor. The associate pastor will serve in the dual capacity of family life ministry and music ministry. The associate pastor will establish an outreach in the local community to engage and invite families to Manly, by building relationships so that the Manly Memorial Baptist Church has greater visibility to present God’s message of love and forgiveness. In addition the associate pastor will provide coordination with the Children’s Director and Youth Director to support these individuals in providing faith-based, programming to children, youth, and their families. The associate pastor will also handle choral and instrumental preparation and directing, as well as conduct congregational singing in the worship services.
Compensation is based on experience and comparable church size.
• Working with the senior pastor, formulate and implement a vision for family ministry.
• Assist the senior pastor in missional leadership to take the church outside the building.
• Develop initiatives and programs to engage families in the community.
• Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations (including W&L & VMI), schools, and resources that relate to youth and family ministries.
• Supervision of Directors in the planning and executing of small group Bible study, retreats, camps, missional; providing curriculum and resources; and identifying leadership potential in youth and assuring developmental opportunities.
• Be an advocate for our children and youth by educating the congregation about their hopes, concerns, and needs in our church and community, and engage children and youth workers as vital partners in this ministry using a team approach.
• Build a sense of community within the congregation, and be supportive to the overall ministry goals of the church; which includes active participation in staff meetings (which plan and implement church and community events).
• Maintain faithful attendance at all regularly scheduled services.
• Keep social media portals active and continually engage our young people and families with them.
• Prepare, lead and direct choir and instrumentalists; conduct congregational singing.
• Work with senior pastor to design meaningful worship services.
• Budget line responsibility for family life and music, and oversight of children and youth.
• Knowledge and experience in the philosophy, psychology and principles of Christian education
• Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree from Divinity school or Seminary preferred.
• Scripturally-grounded, and ability to communicate the truths of God’s word clearly and effectively.
• Proven computer and social media skills.
• Excellent leadership skills, including organizational and communication skills.
• Knowledge of and experience with a variety of Christian music and music styles.
• Experience in choral and instrumental preparation, directing, and conducting congregational singing.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Mike Wilkins
July 15, 2014
Smithfield , NC USA
To take the leadership role in providing a meaningful and effective musical component of worship. Currently this is a volunteer position, with the possibility of minimal compensation in the future.
The Choir Director is to be a believer in Christ, who genuinely loves people, radiates trust and confidence, and exemplifies Christian character. This person will show a level of spiritual maturity, which encourages both the choir and congregation to see them as an example of Christian discipleship. The Choir Director is expected to be able to read music and have experience directing choirs. This person will have the ability to minister through a music program consisting of a variety of music styles.
The Choir Director is accountable to the Chairperson of Worship, the Chairperson of the Staff Parish Relations Committee, and the Pastor.
-The choir director is responsible for the selection of the music to be presented by the choir each week and for special programs/ events.
-Plan and conduct choir rehearsals.
-Work with the Pastor to coordinate choir music that compliments themes, lectionary calendar, and special services whenever possible.
-Familiarize self with the doctrines of the United Methodist Church and select music that consistently reflects these doctrines.
-Order new music staying within the budget for choir music.
-Attend meetings of the Worship Committee and Ad Council of the church.
-Assume responsibility for the organization and care of choir music, equipment, and supplies.
-Work closely with the accompanist by choosing music that maintains a balance between the abilities of the accompanist and the choir.
-Arrive at church 30 minutes prior to services.
-Notify the Chairperson of the Worship Committee and Pastor as far in advance as possible if unable to attend a service or rehearsal.
-A one month review and evaluation will be held and a yearly review held at the end of the first year and subsequent years thereafter.
June 30, 2014
Community Congregational United Church of Christ
Montgomery, AL USA
Community Congregational United Church of Christ is receiving applications for the position of Senior Pastor. We are a small, progressive predominately African-American congregation that is poised for growth. We seek a passionate senior pastor of faith, vision, and energy with the ability to build and lead ministries. Experience as a Senior/Associate Pastor or Chaplain; graduate of seminary or Master of Divinity preferred, but not required. Salary commensurate with the size of congregation and candidate’s qualifications.
June 17, 2014
Grace Hill Church (ARP)
Hillsborough, NC UISA
Who we are: We are a growing Christian community serving Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, Durham, Efland and Mebane. Our goal is to live out the grace and truth of Jesus Christ with passion, warmth, and thoughtfulness. We are primarily professional and collegiate families and couples who engage our friends and neighbors with the Gospel of Jesus. We have a passion for serving the needs of those around us by building relationships as we tutor, offer food assistance, and adult literacy skills to those in our community.
Grace Hill Church services combine classical Christian elements such as use of historic creeds, confession of sin, and silence, with some new approaches, like periodic discussion after the sermon and prayer for families, groups and individuals during the Lord's Supper. We sing contemporary songs and classic hymns, sometimes reset to new music. We are a Reformed Presbyterian church, with an intentional relaxed and contemporary feel. Our passion is seeing Christ and His Gospel change our lives and bring new life to Orange and Durham Counties.
Who you are: You have strong or growing worship leading skills that come from a heart for worshiping God and a desire to lead God’s people in sincere, reverent, joyful worship. You believe the Gospel is not just how we come to God, but seek to have it continually transform all aspects of your life and the lives of those around you. That is what is essential. Ideally you’d also have a heart for church planting, “gathering” gifts, highly value the local church, a Reformed theological background, and willingness to live near the community you’re serving. If you know some Spanish to assist with a tutoring and mercy programs we do in the community, all the better.
What you’d do:
A. Worship Leading (as appropriate, our current volunteer Worship Leader will help with transitioning as he takes up other roles in the church.)
A. Lead Sunday morning congregational worship with voice and instrument (e.g. guitar, piano, etc.)
B. Prepare music selections, arrangements, worship related scripture readings, and slides as necessary
C. Have a worshipful, welcoming stage presence
D. Be gifted not only in playing music, but leading the congregation in an engaging, worshipful manner
E. Relationally engage and coordinate the volunteer musicians and singers
F. Lead rehearsals
G. Ideally develop other worship leaders as God provides talents and callings within the congregation
B. Produce or assist with the weekly worship bulletin (currently one legal sheet front and back) with input from others.
C. Depending on gifting, contribute to other weekly worship elements.
D. Assist with musical needs for special events (Christmas Eve, etc.)
E. There are many other opportunities for learning and involvement that you could participate in based on your gifts, desires, and sense of call, e.g. preaching or teaching, outreach through relationship building, networking, community engagement, administrative and organizational needs, etc.
F. Commit to one year with us at 15-20 hours a week, more time (both duration and weekly hours) if mutually agreeable. Your salary would be commensurate with your experience.
June 04, 2014
Church, Ministry, Education
Director of Youth Ministries
Meadows Presbyterian Church
Charlottesville, VA USA
This Director will serve Meadows Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) by effectively evaluating current programs and then developing, expanding, and implementing new programs (as needed) for youth and their families in line with Session’s ministry vision, strategy, and goals for this group. His or her experience and passion for positively impacting those served should challenge the youth to grow spiritually and equip parents with tools for expanding spiritual life in the home. The Director will also recruit, organize, train, and energize volunteers at all levels to engage Meadows’ youth and families.
April 09, 2014
San Francisco, CA USA
Eucharist is an Anglican church plant in downtown San Francisco looking to bring on qualified interns to join our ministry team. The internship is intended for those who want to grow in their faith, experience church-based ministry in an urban context and offer their gifts as a part of a church staff alongside others doing so. Interns can participate in this program part-time or full-time. Minimum length of commitment for an internship is 12 weeks. Ideal length is 9-12 months. If internship is part-time, the intern is expected to invest a minimum of 10 hours weekly into this program.
• Self-Directed / Leadership-oriented – Needs to be self-motivated. Must possess a strong sense of internal drive, due to the unstructured nature of ministry / church planting.
• Communicator – Must be capable of listening as well as expressing his / herself to others.
• Passionate – Must exhibit a deep commitment and desire to love and serve Jesus and be willing to sacrifice for this commitment
Desirable Skills / Experience:
• Small Group Facilitation
• Administration, Leadership
• Graphic Design, Artistic skills / eye
• Musical Gifts
• Hospitality, Cross-cultural experience
• Worked with Youth or Children
• Community Service Volunteer work
Suggested Job Description (to be determined based on candidates strengths and interests):
A) 60% of time developing any number of various ministries of Eucharist (to be determined through conversation with the Lead Pastor
B) 20% of time in direct Missional engagement with the non-believing community
C) 20% of time in structured discipleship mentoring process
Other Requirements / Factors:
Education – Some college education
Experience – Volunteer experience with a church preferred
Character / Spiritual Maturity – This individual must be a baptized and committed Christian and have a hunger for continual spiritual growth.
Theological Resonance – Applicant should be comfortable with our statement of faith and have some understanding of our three guiding influences (Evangelical, Charismatic and Sacramental) and what they mean.
Team / Personality Chemistry – This individual must fit in with the team (sense of humor, flexibility, etc.)
Funding / Expectations:
Eucharist is not able to pay interns. The interns are responsible for raising all living costs. The intern applicant should be aware that this is one of the most expensive cities in the US to live in. Eucharist is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which means it is possible for the intern to do all of his / her fundraising through our organization with no administration fee. We will provide tax-deductible receipts to all donors and handle the appropriate paperwork.
What Eucharist Offers: We will cover the cost of one continuing education conference, provide a structured and consistent mentoring / discipleship process and encourage and support the intern as he / she explores his / her ministry gifts and abilities in a variety of settings. This is a unique chance to experience church planting from the inside in one of the most creative and fascinating urban environments in the world.
Contact: Email for information on how you can apply for this internship. Our internship program has an open enrollment. Actual timing of the internship depends on the applicant in conversation with the Lead Pastor.
April 09, 2014
San Francisco, CA USA
Eucharist is currently looking to bring on a qualified pastoral intern. We believe that perhaps the best way to develop and grow as a pastor is to be given a supportive opportunity to try out gifts and experience first-hand the joys and challenges of ministry. Eucharist is in a position to offer unique ministry opportunities along with nurture and support.
Value: Why might you want to do a pastoral internship at Eucharist?
• Unique Identity | Location: We are an urban Anglican church plant in San Francisco. What a valuable learning experience to be part of creating something in one of the most exciting and challenging mission fields of the West!
• Creative Tensions: We are young, vibrant, creative AND rooted, historic, orthodox. We are evangelical, charismatic AND sacramental (hard to find these all together in one setting).
• Hands: Opportunity for a lot of hands-on ministry experience that you might not find in a better established setting.
• Mind: We value the life of the mind… no dumbed down Christianity here!
• Heart: We are passionate about spiritual formation that is rooted in the tried and true models of the past 2,000 years while also seeking to be in touch with the best contemporary thinking and practice.
Who: Qualified applicants are those called to offer ministry via an ordained office (Deacon or Priest). Applicants will need to be 1) already in the Anglican ordination track and / or 2) have completed or be currently enrolled in a Theology Master’s program (MDiv preferred) and desire to work within an Anglican ministry setting as clergy. Exceptions may be made for someone who has extensive pastoral experience or who otherwise demonstrates they are qualified.
How: In conversation with the Lead Pastor, the pastoral intern will develop a job description that suits the congregation’s needs and fits the pastoral intern’s gifts / calling / experience. The pastoral intern will have appropriate responsibility in an area of ministry (i.e. evangelism, small groups ministry, youth, pastoral care, etc.) and operate as a part of the staff of Eucharist. He / She will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
Duration: The pastoral internship is intended to officially last 12 months but may also be renewed for additional time in conversation with the Lead Pastor.
Time: The pastoral intern will be expected to invest a minimum of 20 hours a week into ministry. The precise amount and focus of time will be explored in conversation with the Lead Pastor.
Salary: No compensation is able to be offered. However, the Intern may qualify to fundraise through Eucharist (as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit) in order to raise a stipend for this position should this be desired. Additionally, the pastoral intern would be welcome to take on part-time work outside the church in order to support himself/herself.
Desirable: We are looking for candidates who are passionate about serving Christ, committed to discipleship, called and gifted for pastoral ministry, able to handle the challenges of urban life and who have chemistry with our staff.
Information: For general information about us, visit our website. To find out how you can apply for this role, please email to address listed below.
March 27, 2014
The Reformed Church of Bronxville
Bronxville, NY USA
Summary of Position: This new position provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to have a huge impact on the lives of our families and congregation. We want someone with the motivation and maturity to take this challenge and provide strong leadership in this critical part of the life of our church.
The Family Minister ideally should have strong experience leading and implementing a family ministry program. The Family Minister will be called upon to cultivate relationships with the families and youth in our church and to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to nurture them toward spiritual growth and maturity. This person should have high spiritual maturity, strong relational and communication skills, and experience in leadership and administration.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville is a church with over 900 family members in Bronxville, New York, located in Westchester County, approximately 16 miles north of Mid-town Manhattan. The church is blessed to have exceptional senior leadership by Senior Minister Rev. Ken Ruge and Associate Minister Cari Pattison, head of Congregational Life, a skilled and dedicated staff and administration, an active and engaged Consistory, and a sizeable and healthy congregation. The church has a $2.4 million annual operating budget and $23 million endowment, enjoys a wonderful physical facility, nursery school, extensive programming, and is situated right in the heart of scenic Bronxville, NY.
Over the course of 2012-13, the church engaged in an intensive and broadly inclusive self-evaluation and strategic planning process, with the benefit of assistance from The Alban Institute, which affirmed many aspects of the church and identified areas for strengthening and future growth. In the fall of 2013, following the resignation of our previous full-time youth director, the church commissioned an internal task force to evaluate best practices in the areas of family faith formation and youth ministry. Recognizing the need and opportunity to create greater engagement and relevance with our families and particularly our youth, who are our future, the church unanimously committed to establish a top quality family ministry program and hire an experienced family faith minister to lead and administer the program with the engagement and support of the clergy, staff, Consistory, and membership.
The position is full-time and permanent, meaning the church is making a long-term commitment to family ministry and we are seeking a candidate who will remain with our church community for many years to come. Compensation will be full-time salary and benefits commensurate with an experienced minister position.
The Family Minister will be called upon to cultivate relationships with the families and youth in our church and to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to nurture them toward spiritual growth and maturity.
We will ask our Family Minister to:
• To be an engaging, passionate and inspirational leader who will share, promote and help families and youth develop their Christian faith.
• To participate in a significant way in church leadership, administration, and worship activities.
• To develop, lead, and administer a Family Ministry program, designed to address the spiritual needs and development of fathers, mothers and youth, as individual groups and collectively as families. We are seeking to develop a program that is engaging, relevant, integrated, and experiential. We believe elements of this program would include:
• To develop and administer, along with support of others, programs focused on fathers, and mothers in the church (there is currently an active women’s program, however the men’s program is under-developed).
• To serve as a group leader and ministry coordinator for the youth program, including, along with the help of adult volunteers, to direct spiritual development and activities of students in fifth grade through high school, including the 8th grade confirmation process (we are currently functioning with an interim, part time youth director).
• To oversee Christian Education and Youth Ministry, and closely collaborate with Mission and Outreach as well as Music to develop and implement coordinated programs and activities.
• To create a community in which ALL our youth, wherever they are in life’s path or in their faith journey feel unconditionally loved and accepted as they are.
• To create an environment in which our youth are challenged and developed, and where youth choose to passionately participate in something larger than themselves vs. participating because their parents told them to.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville places a high value on spiritual maturity. We expect our Family Minister:
• To be mature and fully devoted to God and to the church of Jesus Christ.
• To have a love for scripture and some facility and experience teaching from God’s Word.
• To be prayerful and comfortable leading others in prayer.
• To be a strong role model of Christian living, with high standards for integrity and character.
• To be able to recognize God’s leading and use Godly wisdom for direction for this ministry.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville desires someone who is able to build strong relational ties. We expect our Family Minister to:
• Demonstrate a servant’s character with parents, youth, staff and volunteers.
• Be authentic, able to relate with youth of all backgrounds, hopefully even be cool :-)
• Live with a joyful spirit and a good sense of humor.
• Value the intergenerational experiences and gifts of the full family-life of the church.
• Recognize the importance of connecting to the wider community of Bronxville and Westchester County and be comfortable doing so.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville is looking for someone who meets the following qualifications and professional standards:
• Ideally has a Master’s degree in ministry, however the candidate need not be an ordained minister. Possesses at least a Bachelor degree (minimum requirement); (Please note this is not a “called” ministry position).
• Five to ten years of experience and demonstrated success in a ministry, including with family ministry and youth ministry (highly desired), and ideally experience and methodology for leading a family ministry program. However, highly qualified candidates with less experience will be considered.
• Must have passion, commitment and professionalism.
• Be highly organized and able to demonstrate leadership in administration and work in a team environment.
• Be able to effectively communicate with adults and youth of various ages and levels of spiritual maturity.
• Proficiency in communications technology and social media (preferred).
• To understand, support, and protect the Reformed Church of Bronxville’s mission, values, and culture.
• To articulate the vision and goals for ministry programs and activities.
• To encourage and support adult volunteers and equip them for service.
• Must be willing to abide with the Reformed Church of Bronxville’s rules of conduct, safety rules in adult/youth circumstances and communications, and have a stewardship for the church and facilities.
• The Family Minister will be accountable to and supported by the Senior Minister, Youth Council Chairman, and Church Consistory.
We understand and expect that the Family Minister would bring her/his own dreams and visions as to what this ministry might become in the future.
We will encourage, pray for and support you as a leader in this congregation.
For additional information on The Reformed Church of Bronxville, please refer to: www.reformedchurch.org.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume via email.
March 15, 2014
Youth Director/Worship Leader
Richlands United Methodist Church
Richlands, NC USA
A growing, dynamic and mission-focused congregation, Richlands United Methodist Church located in Richlands, North Carolina, seeks a Full-Time Staff with dual responsibilities – Youth Director/Worship leader. The successful applicant must possess a Christ-like character, integrity and humility.
Strong communication (written and spoken) skills with an ability to relate to all ages;
Knowledge of technology and effective social media usage;
Outstanding musicianship (vocal and instrumental) with ability to independently lead praise and worship service;
Personal beliefs must align with United Methodist theology;
Education: Degrees in related disciplines including but not limited to Religious Studies, Education, Music, Mission Studies, Praise and Worship Studies, and/or combination of education and experience;
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package negotiable.
Only serious and qualified candidates need apply. Interested individuals may contact Richlands United Methodist Church by phone. Letters of inquiry and resume with (3) letters of reference may be submitted via email or mailed to P.O. Box 1217, Richlands, NC 28574. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rev. Edgar De Jesus
February 26, 2014
Director Youth Ministries
Shandon United Methodist Church
Columbia, SC USA
Director Youth Ministries. Passion/calling for youth ministry is critical. Full-time with benefits. Bachelor's degree, Youth Certification/Christian Education, and 3-5 years relevant experience preferred. Large urban church with an established multidimensional youth ministry (Bible studies, UMYF, mission projects, day camp, Sunday school, trips/retreats, etc.). Salary commensurate with experience. E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Shandon United Methodist Church SPRC, 3407 Devine St., Columbia, SC 29205.