July 15, 2015
Elizabethtown Baptist Church
Elizabethtown, NC United States
Elizabethtown Baptist Church, located in the county-seat of Bladen County, North Carolina is prayerfully seeking the next pastor of our church. Elizabethtown Baptist Church is a diverse church with a rich history of worship and ministry. All ministries of the church seek to honor God and equip the congregation to be mature and effective Disciples of Christ in the world. Ministries of our church include music and youth programs, children’s day school and after school programs, and a K-8 Christian academy. The church supports SBC, CBF, BSCNC, and Bladen Baptist Association.
The senior pastor of Elizabethtown Baptist Church will be expected to provide visionary leadership for the congregation’s future. The senior pastor will possess strong leadership skills with a focus on worship, biblical preaching and teaching, prayer, pastoral care and leading outreach ministries to our community. Collaborative leadership with the church’s ministry staff and other staff members and lay leaders is required.
The preferred candidate will have an earned Master of Divinity Degree and significant experience in ministry.
July 15, 2015
Tampa, Florida United States
Bayshore Baptist Church (Tampa, FL) is seeking a Youth Minister. We are a moderate, Baptist fellowship aligned with the CBF at the Florida and National levels. Ministerial applicants must have good preaching skills, and be loyal to Christian doctrine, discipline and worship. Our preferred credentials include a degree from an accredited seminary, school of theology, or divinity school and a some experience serving as a Youth Minister while a student. Ideal strengths in relating to young people and their parents are highly desired. He/she should possess strong organizational skills and support the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message. Ministerial applicants should submit: (i) a resume, (ii) a list of at least five professional references, (iii) a statement describing the candidate’s philosophy of ministry, and (iv) preferred contact information toBayshoreBaptist@gmail.com or Bayshore Baptist Church, Youth Minister Search Committee, 3111 W. Morrison Ave., Tampa, FL 33629.
July 15, 2015
Middle School Religion Teacher
Immaculata Catholic School
Durham, NC United States
Immaculata Catholic School in Durham, North Carolina has full-time Middle School Religion Teaching position (grades 6-8). Immaculata Catholic School is a Blue Ribbon School that focuses not only on academics but developing the whole child in mind, spirit and values.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
• Teach according to the standards of the Diocesan Curriculum and consistently implement classroom routines and procedures.
• Develop daily lesson plans, assignments and assessments.
• Collaborate with middle school team to discuss student progress, best practices and the utilization of technology.
• Form and maintain relationships with families, including phone calls, emails and conferences.
• Participate in on-going professional development for growth as teacher.
• Facilitate middle school retreat.
• Organize and plan Friday morning prayer services.
• Outstanding instructional skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge students and maintain an orderly classroom.
• A positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.
• Belief that all students should be held to high standards.
• Ability to incorporate technology into daily lessons plans.
• The candidate will be a practicing Catholic with active membership in a parish.
• Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Theology/Religious Studies required.
• Must have or be working towards North Carolina teacher certification.
• Demonstrated expertise in the subject area.
All qualified applicants should submit a resume, complete with a cover letter, to Barbra Murray (email@example.com). The review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
919-682-5847 ext 262
July 15, 2015
Director of Children's Ministry
First United Methodist Church
Hurst , Texas United States
First United Methodist Church of Hurst, Texas (http://www.fumchurst.org/), a theologically driven and dynamic congregation of over 3500 located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry. FUMC Hurst lives out their faith through a triple focus:
Connecting with People,
Connecting with Purpose,
Connecting with God.
The Director of Children’s Ministry will nurture the spiritual development of children (infants through 6th grade) while also equipping their parents so that together they can partner in God’s transformation of the world. The church extends a radical welcome to multi-generations within their nearly 150-year-old church family as well as to the surrounding neighborhood of diverse and growing families including African refugees, Hispanics, and other minority groups. Status quo is unacceptable as the children’s ministry at FUMC Hurst continues to grow and adapt to meet the needs of the community by connecting people with purpose to God.
The successful candidate should have a college degree. Educational foundations in child development or early childhood education and United Methodist theology are preferred. Applicants should have a minimum of three years of experience in children’s ministry. Candidates should demonstrate a strong personal faith consistent with the United Methodist tradition. Although current membership in a United Methodist church is not required, the Director of Children’s Ministry will be expected to become a member of FUMC Hurst upon employment. The children’s ministry team consists of the director, full-time assistant director, part-time nursery director, and part-time administrative support. The Director of Children’s Ministry will report to the Executive and Preaching Pastor.
Resumes and queries can be directed to Kristina Zirschky, firstname.lastname@example.org
July 15, 2015
Church, Ministry, Education
Creedmoor, NC USA
The general purpose of the the position is to build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels in the connectional system of the United Methodist Church and in all ministry areas of the local church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
-love youth where they are
-encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
-provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and
1. Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes,
concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
2. Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in
the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
3. Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
4. Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming and
participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
5. Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth
ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
6. Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people,
and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
7. Coordinate and teach Confirmation classes in partnership with the pastor(s)
and provide leadership for confirmands, mentors, and parents.
8. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all
available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board,
etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and
the congregation as a whole.
9. Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways
10. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and
maintain a teamwork mentality.
11. Ensure that the Safe Sanctuaries Policy is observed in all youth ministry
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
2. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate,
manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the United
3. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict
management skills, and computer skills. Must possess a proven ability to
work effectively with youth and teams of volunteers.
July 06, 2015
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry, Counseling, Education, Health & Medical, Ministry, Non-Church, Missions, Social Work, Other
College Consultation Application Mentor
houston, Texas USA
What is DearMentor
DearMentor, a P2P platform backed by millions of financing, is designed to democratize the access to great university application advice. We combined 1000+ alumni mentors from top universities even Ivy Leagues with a university application consultation services platform that allows students to access personal application coaching from mentors with relevant backgrounds.
We are helping students obtain their dream offers by turning privileged knowledge about application steps, easy-writing skills, and interview skills into common knowledge. Our advanced technology is also allowing students to seamlessly connect their alumni mentors, and vise versa. On DearMentor, alumni mentors are volunteering to join our mentor team and set their own services patterns, which include the service content, price, time, and the way to deliver service. Mentors reserve the right to modify their service items according to their own conditions.
Mentors help mentees with proofreading and polishing essays/resumes, providing suggestions on school application and do mock interview. You will be able to decide and set up services as you prefer.
Qualified mentors should possess following skills/characteristics
• excellent writing skills and professional English
• familiar with school application process and curriculum selection
• having expert insights on the admission process
• completing required tasks on tight deadlines according to mentees’ needs
• friendly, patience, talented, motivated, responsible
At DearMentor.me, mentors can choose and design services to provide. The main categories of services to provide include: college application consultation, personal statement editing, resume editing, mock interview and etc. You will be able to set prices for your services and manage your schedule freely on DearMentor.me. Some mentors can earn up to $2000 per month of extra revenues by signing up to be a mentor at DearMentor.me.
You will be able to withdraw cash from our back-desk. We will collect the withdrawal requests, and pay directly to your account through PayPal or Alipay the next Monday after the service is done.
You can work from wherever you want. Work is conducted remotely through web platform and APP correspondence.
If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us at Mentor@DearMentor.me
July 06, 2015
Non-traditional worship music leader
St. James United Methodist Church
Raleigh, NC USA
Common Thread is the 9:45 nontraditional weekly worship service. The Band is an ensemble group with several vocalists and keyboards/guitars/bass/drums/flute instruments. It is not a typical one leader with backup singers. The Music Leader for this service is a member of the church staff and is responsible for music selection, recruiting and auditioning band members, working with the band in worship preparation, and leading music in the weekly service.
• A Christian person with a calling to worship leadership
• A strong team player, working well with other staff and volunteers
• Someone who understands the role of music in worship
• A music degree or equivalent in experience in church-based music ministry
• Plays at least one of the core instruments in a worship band
• Works with the pastor to schedule and select music for the weekly services.
• Is a member of the Worship Team, participating in service design.
• Recruits qualified band members, both instrumental and vocal.
• Conducts weekly rehearsals of the band and ensures that music is prepared for Sunday services.
• Identifies challenges in the Common Thread ministry area and assumes responsibility for seeking resolution of those challenges.
• Works with other members of the music staff to maintain music equipment.
• Works with sound system leaders to optimize sound in Carson Hall.
• Works with other members of the music staff to maintain the music library for Common Thread. Seeks appropriate instrumental/vocal music for a nontraditional service.
• Is a member of the St. James UMC staff and participates in staff functions as appropriate and needed.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
July 06, 2015
Lead Pastor of Ministry
Mars Hill Bible Church
Grandville, MI USA
Qualifications & Experience Professional: Experience in Collaborative Leadership. Demonstrated wisdom and discernment; spiritual, emotional, cultural and relational maturity. Ability to thrive in a high touch environment-deriving energy from and drawing others into relationships. Effective organizational and administrative skills. Ability to unite staff and volunteers around a common mission and to appropriately delegate authority and responsibility to achieve that mission. Passion for excellence in both oral and written communication. Ability to engage difficult issues and individuals, courageously shepherding people toward wholeness. Interest in and ability to lead cultural competency and in a culturally competent manner.
Education requirements: Master's degree in a ministry-related field. Minimum of 5 years of pastoral experience. Knowledge of and exposure to a broad range of pastoral care ministries.
Knowledge & Competency Requirements: Theological/philosophical/formational: A worldview that is aligned with the vision, mission, directions, and narrative theology of Mars Hill. Able to synthesize and think critically about theological, formational, developmental, and sociological issues associated with the church. Able to understand, appreciate and implement collaborative transitions within all ministries. Ability to teach the Mars Hill community 6-8 times a year during Sunday service. Personal: Demonstrates a deep love and commitment to Christ; commitment to spiritual growth, formation and discipleship. Deep love and commitment of the Church and its redemptive work in the world [globally] and in its local communities [Mars Hill/West Michigan]. Models an inspirational/aspirational life centered on following Jesus as his disciple and in service to others. Practices a healthy, holistic lifestyle.
1. Provide leadership and governance to the staff through a collaborative model that is inclusive of the skills, gifts, and talents found in the body of believers. a. Serve as the link between the Board of Elders and staff; the voice of the Ministry Leadership Team [MLT] to the Board of Elders and accountable to the Board of Elders. b. Lead collaboratively with the MLT to achieve the mission and vision of Mars Hill. c. Facilitate MLT meetings; collaborate with the MLT to formulate team agendas. d. Facilitate collaboration among all Ministries within a flat structure environment. e. Ensure effective program operations and outcomes. f. Prepare, in collaboration with the Chair of the Board of Elders, for Executive Elder and Full Elder meetings.
2. Champions the mission and vision of Mars Hill for all to see: a. Model Christ-centered leadership: relationally focused and empowering of people's gifts and talents. b.Teach the Mars Hill community during Sunday Services 6-8 times a year. c. Value, understand and engage in a wide variety of relationships [complex, nuanced, simple] in a way that demonstrates that all people are heard, appreciated, encouraged, challenged and valued. d. Coordinate and integrate activity among the shared governance sub-teams, ministries and Mars Hill community.
3. Expect and support integration between teachings and on-going activities of Mars Hill: a.Work collaboratively with the Teaching Pastor, staff and volunteer leaders to create, guide and articulate Mars Hill's teaching arcs, ensuring harmony with Mars Hill's narrative theology, mission and vision. b. Collaborate with the Teaching Pastor to provide learning opportunities to Mars Hill community, staff and Elders. c. Mentor guide and encourage staff and guest teachers in order to develop their personal and Mars Hill's teaching capabilities, competency, quality and capacity.
4. Create a staff culture that demonstrates the value of all people: a. Facilitate a culture of pastoral care among staff and community. b. Uncover and utilize the various skills, gifts and talents among staff. c. Help to attract, retain and develop staff. d. Provides a framework and tools for staff reporting and evaluation.
July 06, 2015
Director of Youth and Children’s Ministry
First United Methodist Church
Washington, NC USA
FUMC is seeking a full-time Director of Youth and Children’s Ministry. This person will give direction to the entire educational ministry of the congregation as it pertains to youth and children. The ideal candidate should have a BS or AB degree in Christian Education or similar discipline and embrace United Methodist doctrine and theology. Three plus years in a church setting is a plus. Applicants may email resume and references to: Rev. Danny Allen firstname.lastname@example.org
First Church Washington, N.C. is a large downtown church of 2000 plus members. We have three services each Sunday, one traditional, one blended and one contemporary. We have a pre-school and a year round childcare program.
Rev. Danny Allen
June 26, 2015
Minister/Director of Youth Ministry
Dewitt Community Church
Dewitt, NY United States
Dewitt Community Church is looking for a full-time Minister/Director of Youth Ministries to work with
current staff in providing outstanding ministry to a growing congregation in beautiful Central New York.
● have passion for youth ministry, developing relationships with youth and their families, and
accompanying youth on their journey of faith
● have a strong and growing personal faith, basic biblical knowledge, and theology consistent with Dewitt Community Church
● possess strong leadership and leadership development skills
● be consistently energetic and enthusiastic about youth ministry
● be open and welcoming to youth and their families
● work well independently and on a team
● possess strong communication skills (written, oral, social media, etc.)
● be adaptable, flexible, and creative
● possess outstanding interpersonal skills, with ability to recruit, equip, and organize others
● have a genuine interest in students’ lives and willingness to get involved in the community
● demonstrate basic knowledge of youth development
● planning and leadership of regular youth ministry activities, including but not limited to: youth programs, summer activities, annual mission trips, local mission opportunities, retreats,fundraisers, youth worship, youth Sunday school and Sunday worship services
● incorporate students into all areas of church life (as appropriate), advocating for youth in all levels of church leadership
● develop and lead leadership teams of youth, parents, and volunteers
● keep track of students’ needs and provide both proactive care as appropriate
● help students develop relationships with God, each other, and adults in the congregation
● plan and lead confirmation
● adhere to and promote the church’s child protection policy
If this sounds like the job for you, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.