February 23, 2015
Director of Middle School Ministries
Memphis, TN USA
Director of Middle School Student Ministry
The mission of Christ Church is to glorify God by making, maturing and mobilizing disciples as we love Jesus and love like Jesus in the world. Christ Church is a gospel-centered church known in Memphis, and the Methodist denomination, as a leading church when it comes to discipleship and mission.
To be the servant-leader for our Middle School Student Ministry Team as they, “partner with parents to bring student to spiritual maturity in Christ.” We are looking for a gospel-centered leader who provides vision, accountability, direction and oversight by focusing on intentional disciple-making, family oriented relational ministry, and a missional response to the gospel as a way of life.
The position leads the Middle School Ministry working under the direction of the High School Director while working closely with five other full-time team members.
Committed and faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
Bachelors degree with seminary training/background (or willing to pursue); Masters degree preferred.
Strong background in Student Ministry, including proven ability to grow and develop a Student Ministry program.
Exceptional leadership, management and administrative skills with an ability to manage leaders across multiple disciplines and experience levels.
Innovative style, with a commitment to excellence and comfortable developing quality relationships with students, parents, staff and volunteer leaders.
Strong interpersonal and pastoral skills, with an energetic spirit who can develop and encourage leaders through an open-minded, approachable style.
Strong collaboration skills to enable partnering with parents and other ministry areas in the Church and community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the vision, leadership and coordination of Middle School Ministry (students 6th-8th grades).
Provide the strategic direction for the Middle School Ministry and ensuring that individual program leaders have the proper guidance, support and resources required to effectively lead their programs.
Build meaningful relationships with Middle School students
Build meaningful relationships with Middle School D-Group Leaders.
Recruit Lay Leaders for the ministry.
Personally disciple key group of students.
Coordinate Confirmation each year
Be the lead teacher at Middle School Refuge and teach on a rotating basis at Morning Blend.
Equip leaders and provide example to strong relationships with students and their parents involved in the ministry.
Provide timely, effective communication to parents regarding our Middle School Ministry goals, events, and volunteer opportunities as well as educating parents and helping them engage directly in the spiritual development of their students.
Help the High School Director provide leadership for the Adult D-Group Leaders, Parent Advisory Team and SLAM (Student Leadership, Advocacy, and Ministry) Team.
Assist in the development of goals and strategies for the overall Student ministry.
Think of creative ways to engage new students.
Interested applicant should e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN; Mike Fitzpatrick, Director of High School Ministries
February 23, 2015
Work Study Summer Program
Barnet, Vermont USA
Work Study at Milarepa Center in Vermont offers participants a unique experience of living, working, meditating, and studying at a residential Buddhist retreat center. It is a wonderful opportunity to live among a community of Buddhist practitioners as you develop and deepen your practice. During the summer we focus on working together to create and serve programs for the community, as well as working on projects to keep the Center thriving.
Work may include cooking, gardening, facilities work, office work, housekeeping, and guest services.
Open to all: Applications are due by April 1st, 2015. For more information please visit our website at www.milarepacenter.org.
Cost of Application: $25
Applications due by: April 1st, 2015
February 23, 2015
Director of Youth Ministry
First United Methodist Church
Cary, North Carolina United States
One of the largest Methodist churches in North Carolina is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministry. First United Methodist Church of Cary (FUMC-C), a 3800 member congregation located in Cary, North Carolina, is committed to its youth and seeks a staff member who is able to help lead and fulfill the mission of the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ who grow in faith and love through worship, fellowship, service, and witness to one another and the world.
The FUMC-C Youth Ministry is a multi-staff ministry team who enjoys excellent support of clergy, staff, other ministry teams, and the congregation.
The Youth Ministry Director needs at least five years in youth ministry leadership or equivalent and have evidence of gifts, graces, and an appropriate skill set to help discern, implement, and carry out the mission and vision of the church in the Youth Ministry. This person will build up and lead a team of staff and adult servant leaders to create a vibrant and welcoming faith community. FUMC-C has worked with Ministry Architects to build a sustainable plan and already has some viable goals in place, so there is a solid foundation of ministry and leadership upon which the church is re-building a sustainable infrastructure and team for doing effective and fruitful youth ministry. Interested candidates should have a four-year college degree.
E-mail email@example.com to get an application. Questions may be directed to Chris via e-mail.
February 23, 2015
Minister of Children
Tabernacle Baptist Church
Raleigh, NC USA
Tabernacle Baptist Church, 8304 Leesville Road, Raleigh, NC, seeks a person to serve as Children’s Minister at a time level of 15- 20 hours weekly. Salary will be in accordance with experience. Submit a resume and cover letter to: David Pontz and Bill Casteen, Co-Chairs of Personnel Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minister of Children
The Minister of Children is a part time position, who performs under the direction and supervision of the Pastor. The Minister of Children will be primarily responsible for the ministries of the children of Tabernacle Baptist Church. The Minister of Children shall have appropriate educational and/or work experience. This position will support the total church programs and is accountable for working toward the stated Vision and Goals of Tabernacle Baptist Church.
1. Provide opportunities for spiritual growth of all children through grade 5 by planning, administering and evaluating programs of education, training and ministries. These programs will effectively integrate and support the programs and activities of the church.
2. Be the Sunday morning greeter for children and families involved in the Children's program.
3. Assist in motivating and training church members/parents to work with the children's programs.
4. Serve as an advisor to the Children's Council and staff contact for Children's Sunday School teachers (check on supplies, materials, equipment needs, etc.).
5. In conjunction with the Tabernacle Learning Center Director, and Tabernacle Learning Center Committee develop and evaluate a unified ministry to preschoolers.
6. Plan, coordinate and attend functions for children (e.g. Fall Festival, Eggstravaganza, etc.).
7. Attend or have representation at Church Council.
8. Serve as the representative for the Children's Programs of Tabernacle Baptist in and outside the church walls.
9. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Pastor.
10.Cooperate as a team member with the Church Staff and other Church members
David Pontz and Bill Casteen
February 21, 2015
White Oak Missionary Baptist Church
Enfield, NC USA
The White Oak Missionary Baptist Church of Enfield, North Carolina is prayerfully seeking a full-time Pastor, called by God, equipped to effectively preach and teach the Word of God to His people. The candidate must provide the vision and direction throughout the church community by leadership, counseling, teaching and preaching to lead others to Christ.
Interested candidates should return:
• A Cover letter-a description of how you became a believer of Jesus Christ and the reason you are called to ministry.
• An updated resume/Completed Application
• A copy of degree(s), ordination certificate, and any other certificates
• Three (3) letters of recommendation (2 from pastors/clergy and 1 personal (non-relative)
Email question(s) or request for application to email@example.com or download application at whiteoakmissionarybaptistchurch.org.
Deacon Steve Battle
February 10, 2015
Director Music Ministry
Hawfields Presbyterian Church
Mebane, NC US
Director of Music Ministry: Hawfields Presbyterian Church, Mebane, NC is seeking a Christian musician who has appropriate musical education/training and/or professional experience including demonstrated skills in piano and organ accompaniment and choral training and directing. Skills also needed are demonstrated leadership qualities in recruitment, program coordination, working effectively with a wide variety of people of all ages (including children), and the ability to administer the music program. Also a general knowledge of the integration of audio/visual technology for worship services is needed.
A job application and more details about the position are available online at www.hawfieldschurch.org. An audio/visual sample is welcomed.
February 10, 2015
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH AND FAMILY POSITIONS
ETOWAH UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
ETOWAH, NC US
Etowah United Methodist Church
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries sets the strategy for developing and leading a vibrant, comprehensive Children, Youth, and Young Adult ministries program.
1. Understand that as a member of the church staff you are often someone’s first impression of our church.
2. A Christ-centered life is essential for all staff members in being Christ to others.
1. The director demonstrates a Christ-centered approach to ministry and should have a clear sense of his/her Christian walk.
2. The director cultivates relationships with adult laity in order to carry out the ministries of this role. The director will serve as an advocate for all those in his/her care.
3. The director oversees and is responsible for the weekly youth programs. Attention also should be given to developing vital young adult programs.
4. The director will connect youth ministries to the church and the surrounding community.
5. The director will use effective means of communication to promote the youth and young adult program to the church and community. These include but are not limited to: the church web site, church bulletins, roadside signage, bulletin boards, congregational presentations, Facebook, and any other appropriate means at his/her disposal.
6. The director will guide and assist age level coordinators in securing appropriate curriculum materials and teacher recruitment.
7. The director will participate in other activities as needed and directed by the Senior Pastor, the director’s immediate supervisor.
1. Some college experience is preferred, especially in the area of Christian Education.
2. Is a self-starter, who demonstrates high levels of initiative, motivation, and enthusiasm.
3. Experience in the direction of youth and children’s ministries also preferred.
4. Sees children and youth ministries as an integral part of the church.
5. Shares and excitement and passion for making young Christian disciples.
6. Demonstrates openness, flexibility, and approachability in leadership style.
7. Exhibits a comfort level in pastoral/counseling roles; is adept in initiating and cultivating relationships with youth, staff, and volunteers.
8. Possesses good organization, communication, and time management skills with attention to detail and timely completion of assigned tasks.
9. Able to earn the trust and goodwill of others through word and action.
1. Conduct all business with integrity, confidentiality, and in a professional manner.
2. Be supportive of our church’s goals, mission, and programs.
3. Mesh well with church staff.
4. Be sensitive to needs and requests from church members and have a willingness to overcome obstacles and interruptions to achieve desired results.
5. Be flexible and gracious while pursuing excellence in a church environment.
The following skills are frequently utilized to great effect in the modern church.
Applicant’s proficiency in any or all of these areas will be taken into account as part of the hiring process.
Some of these attributes are:
1. Familiarity with the principles of contemporary worship.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of modern worship (embracing both traditional and modern Christian music, along with secular songs appropriate for a worship setting) which focuses on the need for a user-friendly, spiritual environment.
3. Understanding of CCLI license requirements and copyright laws for both audio and visual uses of songs/images in church worship.
4. Ease in securing a substitute in one’s absence
5. Familiarity with the audio/video technology often used to enhance these services.
6. Artistic proficiency in vocal, guitar, keyboard, or other musical instrument.
7. Ability to help plan worship around a common theme/metaphor.
8. Ability to “coach” the praise team if called upon to do so.
9. Knowledge of Contemporary Christian Music (i.e. what people are listening to; respond well to hearing/singing).
10. Assistance with worship planning; attend practice sessions as needed.
11. Relate well with a multi-generational congregation.
12. Work well under the supervision of the Music Director wherever job responsibilities fall under this area of church ministry.
Summary: A successful Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries at Etowah United Methodist Church will be a well-rounded, Christ-centered, dynamic individual who is passionate about sharing Christ in creative, innovative ways with our youth and young adults.
February 06, 2015
Chinese Bible Church
Apex, North Carolina United States
We are sincerely looking for a God-loving, passionate candidate to fill a Youth Director position at Chinese Bible Church at Apex NC.
(30 min drive from Duke)
Qualified candidates please send your resume / inquiries to YouthSearch@cbcnc.org.
We will be happy to discuss this local service opportunity with you.
The candidate for the youth director shall meet the following criteria:
1. Biblical view is of the evangelical and/or fundamental theology and belief
2. Good spiritual role model
3. Be passionate or experienced in youth ministry
4. Prefer in pursuing or already obtained the Degree of Master in Divinity
5. Good family role model
6. Strong in teaching and planning
7. Good interpersonal communication skill
8. Experienced or be comfortable working in a cross-cultural church settings
9. In agreement with the doctrinal statement of CBCNC
The candidate for the youth director shall fulfill the following responsibilities:
1. In charge of Youth Sunday worship service and weekly (Friday) Fellowship
2. Planning and leading youth-related outreach activities
3. Implementing and participating in CBCNC youth family visitations
4. Collaborating with the Parents Committee which was formed to assist in the work of the youth program
5. Teaching Youth baptism classes and Youth Sunday School classes
6. Training Youth disciples and leaders on regular basis.
7. Leading annual youth evangelistic outreach / Short Term Mission trip once a year
8. All work under the supervision of the church’s Elder Board, and all youth ministry report should be made to the Elder Board on regular basis.
February 06, 2015
Horizons Worship Leader
Creedmoor, NC USA
Horizons Worship Leader
Creedmoor United Methodist Church is seeking a Worship Leader for the Horizon's Worship Service. The Worship leader will directly oversee and assist in providing spiritual, musical and creative multimedia leadership in service to the Horizon's worship experience. The Worship Leader will select and arrange music, develop and train a volunteer team of musicians and vocalists, and work in cooperation with the Pastor to plan and implement worship services that honor God and fulfill the mission statement of CUMC; to welcome, love and serve all people.
This candidate must exhibit initiative, communicate with staff and volunteers, and demonstrate a passion for praise and worship.
This is approximately a 10hr/week part-time position.
To apply or to request a copy of the full job description contact Rev. Jared Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 04, 2015
International Church of Karachi
Karachi, Sindh Pakistan
International Church of Karachi
Karachi, Pakistan, CA
ICK is looking for a pastor who has, or is seeking experience, in an international church.
The main duties of the pastor are to
* Lead Sunday worship
* Hold prayer and Bible Study meetings
* Encourage/shepherd church members in their ministries
* Reach out to the expatriate and local communities.
The pastor is accountable to the Church Council (CC) and major decisions are made in cooperation with the CC.
The Pastor Search Committee feels the following qualifications are important for a successful ministry in Karachi at ICK:
* Possess a degree in some area of Biblical Ministry.
* Have experience in ministering to a culturally diverse community with many people who do not speak English as their native language.
* Have experience in living outside the United States of America.
* Be willing to work with ICK’s leadership in solving the problem of financial support with flexibility and creativity.
* Have some outside financial support.
The following remuneration is what is planned for the Pastor:
* Fully furnished house with rent
* Car provided
* Return airline ticket with spouse yearly
If you think you possess the above qualities and wish more information about ICK and the Pastor position, please send us your resume including references. We are open to your comments and any questions you may have.