October 28, 2014
Church, Ministry, Education
Mount Vernon United Methodist Church
Trinity, NC USA
Approximately 10 hours/week planning, coordinating, and leading activities for senior high youth (9-12)
Pre-school through middle school Christian Education. Evaluate, recommend and help facilitate a comprehensive education program that will include regular Christian education as well as extra-curricular activities. Approximately 10 hours/week.
If you are interested in further discussing the opportunities available with our youth program at Mt. Vernon please correspond via email.
Brian Van Kirk
October 26, 2014
Clemmons Presbyterian Church
Clemmons, North Carolina United States
Temporary/Part-time Youth Director to work with Middle School and High School Youth Program.
Clemmons Presbyterian Church, 3930 Clemmons Road, Clemmons, NC 27012
Job Summary: Youth Director (Part Time), Temporary
Clemmons Presbyterian is a mid-sized (550 member) congregation of Salem Presbytery in the PC(USA). Information about the congregation can be gained at church website.
Time Frame for Employment: 3-6 months with possible extension.
Demonstrated beliefs and practices within the Christian faith, preferably Protestant with distinct
preference for PC(USA) candidates.
Demonstrated experience, success and enjoyment of working with youth.
Successful experience working with middle and high school youth.
Demonstrated success and ability to facilitate, plan and share in leadership with volunteers for weekly youth group meetings, youth events and trips.
Demonstrated success in acting as a resource to Youth Committee and Youth Advisors Team.
Ability to attend Sunday afternoon youth group meetings, monthly Youth Committee meetings, usually in the evenings and Youth Advisor team meetings, usually Sunday afternoons.
Ability and interest to attend CPC worship on a regular basis to develop relationships and connections with CPC’s youth and families
Demonstrated success and ability to work collegially with church staff, sharing information and collaborative planning and pastoral concerns as well as respond to supervision.
Demonstrated excellence with daily prioritization and organizational skills.
Ordination is not required nor should it bar an applicant.
Members of Clemmons Presbyterian shall not be considered.
Salary commensurate with experience and training.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Time commitment: 15 – 22 hours per week on average.
Candidates will allow permission for criminal background checks.
If interested, please submit resume to CPCyouth01@gmail.com
Clemmons Presbyterian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Art Blackwood (Youth Elder)
October 16, 2014
Minister of Young Adults and Families with Children and Youth
First United Methodist Church
Greensboro, Georgia USA
In an effort to live out our church mission of “making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world”, our church family is seeking the ideal candidate for this newly created position.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Pastor, develops, implements, and manages programs and activities that will build and grow a dynamic ministry to families with children and youth.
Key Job Duties:
- Provide spiritual leadership for all aspects of the ministry to families with children and youth through programs, activities, outreach, missions, mentoring and counseling. Emphasis will be given to integrating children and youth in worship and church activities and into the full life of the church, helping them grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Manage and coordinate the families with children and youth ministry calendar, budget, equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Build, create, and nurture positive relationships with children and youth in the community, including “inactives” within the congregation, by interacting in their school setting; sporting, art, and club activities; and community events.
- Build supportive and mutually respectful relationships by spending quality time with families with children and youth. Also build strong relationships with the adult membership of the church and strive to engage them in the ministry to families with children and youth.
- Establish effective and regular communication with families with children and youth. Also, provide regular updates to the church membership on families with children and youth programs and activities.
- Develop and manage a network of volunteers who help achieve the objectives of the ministry. This responsibility includes the recruitment, training, scheduling, and direction of the volunteers. Emphasis will be given to broadening the base of volunteers beyond just the parents of the children and youth being served.
- Provide overall direction of the Sunday School program for children and youth. Includes recruitment, training, and direction of the Sunday School teachers and collaborative selection of the “curriculum” used.
- Provide overall management of the nursery including recruitment, training, and oversight of staff.
- Work with appropriate church committees and lay leaders to develop and administer the annual Vacation Bible School program.
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of children and youth programs comply with the Church’s Safe Sanctuary program. This includes organizing and ensuring that Safe Sanctuary training is provided to all church staff and volunteers involved in children and youth activities and programs.
- Working with the ministerial staff and lay leaders assists with the planning and coordination of Confirmation Class activities.
- Work with other members of the church staff in a collaborative, respectful, and supportive manner to achieve overall church goals and objectives.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities in children, youth, and family ministries.
- Regularly attend Sunday morning worship services and assist the ministerial staff with worship as needed and requested.
- Professional minister (ordination not a requirement but welcomed) with a vision, passion, and calling for ministry to families with children and youth.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing creative and dynamic children and youth programs and ministries.
- Self motivated leader with perseverance and strong results orientation.
- Creative thinker and problem solver. Capable of creating and executing a long term vision for the ministry to families with children and youth.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to and gain the confidence of families with children and youth.
- Well schooled and comfortable with the use of social media to communicate and connect with families with children and youth.
- Skilled in the use of computer office software applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- United Methodist or Wesleyan background desirable
- BS degree with certification in children and youth ministries desirable
Salary and benefits commiserate with experience, background and education.
*Submit resumes to Ken Bonifay at email@example.com AND Pamela Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 15, 2014
Berea Baptist Church
Durham, NC US
Help lead and guide the congregation to bridge the gap between Berea's traditional past and fulfilling the mission in a more contemporary society/community, while still maintaining respect for that past. Duties of the Pastor include: preaching Sunday morning worship services, Leading Bible studies on Sunday and Wednesday evenings, help provide an environment welcoming to all age groups, guide and participate in visitation of sick/shut-ins, and guide congregation in outreach endeavors.
October 15, 2014
Director of Spiritual Formation and Youth Ministry
Pleasant Green UMC
Durham, NC USA
Pleasant Green UMC (3005 Pleasant Green Road, Durham, NC) is searching for a Director of Spiritual Formation and Youth Ministry. This part-time position requires 25-28 hours per week, with compensation based on experience. This is a growth position, and the ideal candidate must embrace a strong Christian discipline and United Methodist Doctrine and theology. A Bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement. The ideal candidate must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer skills.
Interested applicants should contact Dr. Jesse Brunson (PGUMC Senior Pastor) via email or phone or Dr. Cindy Stubbs (SPRC Chair) at email@example.com or (919)732-4032.
Dr. Jesse Brunson
October 10, 2014
Associate Youth Pastor
Denver, North Carolina United States
This is a summary of our job description. The full job description can be seen on church website.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a full time Associate Youth Pastor who is gifted in leading contemporary worship. They must be a passionate lover of Jesus, with a heart to disciple teenagers. We need someone who is humble, hungry for Jesus to move, fun, and responsible.
The Associate Youth Pastor will partner with the current Youth Pastor in running and planning our weekly Sunday and Wednesday night ministries, organizing Sunday school, and running our MAC Track Ministry (for youth interested in ministry as a career). Some of the specific responsibilities include:
leading worship (for weekly youth gatherings)
Recruiting, training and practicing with the youth worship band
Developing student leadership
Running youth social media
Administrative Duties (youth attendance, phone calls, database updates, etc)
Organizing mission opportunities
Our Current Ministry:
We currently have over 100 active youth in our ministry. Sunday nights we see about 100 youth for dinner and small groups and on Wednesday’s we see around 35 youth for a lesson, activity, and games. We have discovered there is a great need for worship in our ministry and we will be starting a service on Wednesday nights. Because of our need to instill a heart for worship (not just music) in our youth and our need for more people to invest in discipling our students we have opened up a position for this Associate Youth Pastor.
Wednesday nights will be our Youth Worship service. The Associate Youth Pastor will be in charge of leading worship and recruiting, training and practicing with the youth worship band.
Sunday nights are dinner and small groups. Our youth pastors will plan this time, equip our volunteers, host the event, and engage youth during our dinner time.
MAC Track: We have 30 youth who are in this ministry who have either felt called to ministry or they are open to working in a ministry related career. We meet once a month to hear speakers, do a service project, or provide training. Youth pastors also meet with our MAC Track small groups as a way of discipling and encouraging students in their faith.
Make sure to look at our full Associate Youth Pastor Job Description!
October 01, 2014
Associate Pastor w/concentration in Youth Ministry FT or Youth Pastor PT
Mount Zion United Methodist Church
Garner, NC USA
Mount Zion United Methodist Church near the junction of 40/42 south of Garner, NC is currently seeking a biblical, evangelical, passionate follower of Christ to serve as Youth Pastor. This is a part time position (based on 25 hours per week) with a focus on ministries with youth (Grades 6-12). The candidate should be degreed or on track to receive a degree in Christian Education or related discipline and/or have significant experience in youth ministry. Ordination is not required nor advantageous. The Youth Pastor serves as part of the staff equipping team and will also assist in general pastoral ministry. Travel and continuing education funds are available. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to serve as part of a growing church family, send your resume with three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Youth Pastor” in the subject line.
Associate Pastor w/Concentration in Youth Ministry:
Mount Zion United Methodist Church near the junction of 40/42 south of Garner, NC is currently seeking a biblical, evangelical, passionate follower of Christ to serve as full time Associate Pastor. The position encompasses leadership in ministries with youth (Grades 6-12) and assisting the other pastoral staff with equipping, worship leadership, teaching, and congregational care/counseling. The candidate should be degreed or on track to receive a degree in Theology or a related discipline and/or have significant experience in youth and pastoral ministry. Ordination is not required nor advantageous. Travel and continuing education funds are available. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to serve as part of a growing church family, send your resume with three references to: email@example.com with “Associate Pastor” in the subject line.
September 29, 2014
Minister of Spiritual Development and Communications
Pritchard Memorial Baptist Church
Charlotte, NC US
Establish and lead an Adult Spiritual Development framework for our church's future here in Dilworth and South End. This would include appropriate plans and curriculum for spiritual development "inside the church" and "outside the church." This also includes appropriate activities for the community for gatherings involving Bible Study and/or other relevant discussion settings. This position also would be responsible for the continuing communication of the need for these activities to the congregation at large. Other major job elements include: communicating the church's mission to the media, local businesses, and municipal leadership; oversee all church digital communications; minister and counsel to young adults who are members and those who attend activities sponsored by the church.
September 29, 2014
Northwest Baptist Church
Winston-Salem, NC USA
Northwest Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, NC is seeking a community minister for collaborative/shared ministry position with a focus on outreach and growing the Kingdom of God. Northwest is a small church settled amid many single family homes, apartments, townhomes, and schools. Position includes developing community relationships, planning and executing outreach programs, family ministry, preaching, teaching, and worship planning. Experience in church planting preferred. Degree from accredited divinity school or seminary required. Part-time or be-vocational considered. Northwest is dually aligned with CBF and SBC and affirms women in all ministry roles.
September 24, 2014
Glenolden Congregational Church
Glenolden, PA USA
The Minister shall have charge of the spiritual welfare of the Church with the assistance of the Board of Deacons. The Minister shall seek to enlist followers of Jesus Christ, preach the gospel, and administer the activities of the Church in cooperation with the various boards and committees. The Minister shall be ex-officio member without vote of all boards and committees.
Glenolden Congregational Church is associated with the National Association of Congregational Christian Churches. We are located in Glenolden (population 7,200) Pennsylvania. Delaware County Population (560,000), suburb of Philadelphia. We are 7 miles southwest of center city Philadelphia. Members: about 65. Sanctuary seating up to 250. Annual budget $80,000.00
Salary Pastor: $10,500, Housing $14,000, book allowance $1,000
The Senior Pastor shall be:
• Called by God in the Lord Jesus Christ to a special ministry of the word.
• Preach scripture-based messages believing that Christ was crucified and rose from the dead as a propitiation for our sins.
• Teach scripture and Christian morals to the church congregation.
• Bring people to repentance and faith in Christ Jesus.
• Strong communication skills, able to engage people of all ages, listen well and provide emotional support in times of routine life, difficult situations, sickness, joy and transition in life.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Who leads his personal life and family with order, stability and gentility.
Applicants must have four or more years of pastoral experience in a church, having been ordained as a minister, or the ability to be ordained as such a minister.
Interested candidates should return:
A cover letter
A current resume or curriculum vitae
A copy of all degrees and certificates
A copy of an ordination certificate
A recent video recording of two sermons
A recent photo
Glenolden Congregational Church
Attn: Ed Kerstetter, Pastor Search Committee
115 S. Scott Avenue
Glenolden, PA 19036