July 15, 2014
Associate Pastor of Family Life and Music
Manly Memorial Baptist Church
Lexington, Virginia United States
This is a full-time position, reporting directly to the Senior Pastor. The associate pastor will serve in the dual capacity of family life ministry and music ministry. The associate pastor will establish an outreach in the local community to engage and invite families to Manly, by building relationships so that the Manly Memorial Baptist Church has greater visibility to present God’s message of love and forgiveness. In addition the associate pastor will provide coordination with the Children’s Director and Youth Director to support these individuals in providing faith-based, programming to children, youth, and their families. The associate pastor will also handle choral and instrumental preparation and directing, as well as conduct congregational singing in the worship services.
Compensation is based on experience and comparable church size.
• Working with the senior pastor, formulate and implement a vision for family ministry.
• Assist the senior pastor in missional leadership to take the church outside the building.
• Develop initiatives and programs to engage families in the community.
• Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations (including W&L & VMI), schools, and resources that relate to youth and family ministries.
• Supervision of Directors in the planning and executing of small group Bible study, retreats, camps, missional; providing curriculum and resources; and identifying leadership potential in youth and assuring developmental opportunities.
• Be an advocate for our children and youth by educating the congregation about their hopes, concerns, and needs in our church and community, and engage children and youth workers as vital partners in this ministry using a team approach.
• Build a sense of community within the congregation, and be supportive to the overall ministry goals of the church; which includes active participation in staff meetings (which plan and implement church and community events).
• Maintain faithful attendance at all regularly scheduled services.
• Keep social media portals active and continually engage our young people and families with them.
• Prepare, lead and direct choir and instrumentalists; conduct congregational singing.
• Work with senior pastor to design meaningful worship services.
• Budget line responsibility for family life and music, and oversight of children and youth.
• Knowledge and experience in the philosophy, psychology and principles of Christian education
• Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree from Divinity school or Seminary preferred.
• Scripturally-grounded, and ability to communicate the truths of God’s word clearly and effectively.
• Proven computer and social media skills.
• Excellent leadership skills, including organizational and communication skills.
• Knowledge of and experience with a variety of Christian music and music styles.
• Experience in choral and instrumental preparation, directing, and conducting congregational singing.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Mike Wilkins
July 14, 2014
Student Ministry Intern
Roxboro Baptist Church
Roxboro, North Carolina United States
Roxboro Baptist Church is seeking a part-time student intern who will oversee the ministry to youth (grades 6-12) during the 2014-2015 academic year. This person’s primary responsibilities will include preparing and leading the Sunday and Wednesday evening youth meetings, planning the calendar of service and fellowship events in cooperation with the Youth Council, and conducting all such events.
This intern will also be invited to practice ministry in other areas of church life as part of a holistic service-learning experience. These opportunities may include worship leadership, preaching, and pastoral care.
Interested seminary students should submit a resume and a brief letter of introduction to the senior minister, Rev. DuPre Sanders.
July 09, 2014
Director of Children's Ministries
Cary, NC US
Genesis United Methodist Church, Cary is seeking to hire a part-time Director of Children’s Ministries (the “DCM”) to plan, implement and evaluate programs to meet the needs of children ages birth through and including 5th grade. To learn more, the job description and church application can be found here: http://www.genesis-umc.org/web/opportunitie/
Please submit resume AND completed church application if you feel qualified to be considered for this position via email. Notification and an interview process will take place for only the selected candidates. Please no phone calls or mailings to the church office. At Genesis, our Core Values are to Love God, Love Neighbor, and Make Disciples. Thank you for your interest.
July 09, 2014
Part Time Pianist/ Worship Leader
Cedar Grove United Methodist Church - Pittsboro
Pittsboro , NC US
The primary function of this position is leading worship music through piano and singing for a predominately traditional worship service.
The music will be prepared well in advance of the services of worship and designed to lead the congregation both in singing and in quiet worship. The worship leader has the principle responsibility to lead using music, scripture, prayer, and the arts to create an atmosphere for a creative and meaningful worship experience. Further, he or she would be responsible for leading music and coordinating any special services such as funerals, holidays, etc. as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Recruit and assist a music volunteers in supplying expertise in the area of traditional and contemporary music for worship in a United Methodist Church.
· Meet weekly with the pastor for worship planning.
· Responsible for building up and the good upkeep of the Music Ministry’s instruments and resources.
· Based on a 2-5 hour week, understanding that some weeks will be less, and some weeks more, depending on the season and the musical needs for the season.
· The scope of this position will change in time as the ministry of the church continues to evolve.
· The ideal candidate will be a team player.
Distribution of Responsibilities (based on 3-5hours per week):
· 2 hours in preparation for worship on Sunday
· 1 hours meeting and planning
· 1 hour of worship and 30 minutes of preparation each Sunday
Base Salary: $5,000
Reports to: Senior Pastor and the Pastor Parish Committee
June 30, 2014
Community Congregational United Church of Christ
Montgomery, AL USA
Community Congregational United Church of Christ is receiving applications for the position of Senior Pastor. We are a small, progressive predominately African-American congregation that is poised for growth. We seek a passionate senior pastor of faith, vision, and energy with the ability to build and lead ministries. Experience as a Senior/Associate Pastor or Chaplain; graduate of seminary or Master of Divinity preferred, but not required. Salary commensurate with the size of congregation and candidate’s qualifications.
June 17, 2014
Grace Hill Church (ARP)
Hillsborough, NC UISA
Who we are: We are a growing Christian community serving Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, Durham, Efland and Mebane. Our goal is to live out the grace and truth of Jesus Christ with passion, warmth, and thoughtfulness. We are primarily professional and collegiate families and couples who engage our friends and neighbors with the Gospel of Jesus. We have a passion for serving the needs of those around us by building relationships as we tutor, offer food assistance, and adult literacy skills to those in our community.
Grace Hill Church services combine classical Christian elements such as use of historic creeds, confession of sin, and silence, with some new approaches, like periodic discussion after the sermon and prayer for families, groups and individuals during the Lord's Supper. We sing contemporary songs and classic hymns, sometimes reset to new music. We are a Reformed Presbyterian church, with an intentional relaxed and contemporary feel. Our passion is seeing Christ and His Gospel change our lives and bring new life to Orange and Durham Counties.
Who you are: You have strong or growing worship leading skills that come from a heart for worshiping God and a desire to lead God’s people in sincere, reverent, joyful worship. You believe the Gospel is not just how we come to God, but seek to have it continually transform all aspects of your life and the lives of those around you. That is what is essential. Ideally you’d also have a heart for church planting, “gathering” gifts, highly value the local church, a Reformed theological background, and willingness to live near the community you’re serving. If you know some Spanish to assist with a tutoring and mercy programs we do in the community, all the better.
What you’d do:
A. Worship Leading (as appropriate, our current volunteer Worship Leader will help with transitioning as he takes up other roles in the church.)
A. Lead Sunday morning congregational worship with voice and instrument (e.g. guitar, piano, etc.)
B. Prepare music selections, arrangements, worship related scripture readings, and slides as necessary
C. Have a worshipful, welcoming stage presence
D. Be gifted not only in playing music, but leading the congregation in an engaging, worshipful manner
E. Relationally engage and coordinate the volunteer musicians and singers
F. Lead rehearsals
G. Ideally develop other worship leaders as God provides talents and callings within the congregation
B. Produce or assist with the weekly worship bulletin (currently one legal sheet front and back) with input from others.
C. Depending on gifting, contribute to other weekly worship elements.
D. Assist with musical needs for special events (Christmas Eve, etc.)
E. There are many other opportunities for learning and involvement that you could participate in based on your gifts, desires, and sense of call, e.g. preaching or teaching, outreach through relationship building, networking, community engagement, administrative and organizational needs, etc.
F. Commit to one year with us at 15-20 hours a week, more time (both duration and weekly hours) if mutually agreeable. Your salary would be commensurate with your experience.
June 13, 2014
Teaching position in Korea
Kids Play Foreign Language Institute
Younggwang, Junnam South Korea
Teaching English position is available in the southern part of South Korea.
1. College degree
2. Loving heart
3. Mission mind
4. Sincere and godly character
5. No criminal or child abuse record
1. Stipend negotiable
2. Housing provided
3. Air Fare
If you are interested in, please, e-mail via email.
June 04, 2014
Church, Ministry, Education
Director of Youth Ministries
Meadows Presbyterian Church
Charlottesville, VA USA
This Director will serve Meadows Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) by effectively evaluating current programs and then developing, expanding, and implementing new programs (as needed) for youth and their families in line with Session’s ministry vision, strategy, and goals for this group. His or her experience and passion for positively impacting those served should challenge the youth to grow spiritually and equip parents with tools for expanding spiritual life in the home. The Director will also recruit, organize, train, and energize volunteers at all levels to engage Meadows’ youth and families.
June 02, 2014
Mount Carmel Baptist Church
Chapel Hill, NC USA
A minister to nursery, preschool, and grade school students (grades 1-5).
Primary Responsibilities Include: Providing appropriate curriculum; teaching and discipleship; coordinating events/retreats/and missions both on the church campus and offsite; recruiting and training volunteers; collaborating with staff and church leadership; marketing/promoting children's programs; engaging families and friends outside the church membership; participating in the lives of families outside of church events (i.e. sports, school, etc.); utilizing other ministry skills as necessary and when within the specific ministers skill set (i.e. counseling, visiting, etc.).
June 01, 2014
Minister to Children & Families
Millbrook Baptist Church
Raleigh, North Carolina United States
Millbrook Baptist Church is seeking a part time Minister to Children & Families.
The desired candidate will have (or be working on) a master's degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school, experience working with children in Christian education and/or weekday early education. This person will be responsible for the development and implmentation of comprehensive programs for children, be a liaison for our preschool program and provide pastoral care to children and their families.
Send resume to: Millbrook Baptist Church, 1519 E. Millbrook Rd., Raleigh, NC 27609 or via email.
Salary range: $15,000 - $20,000