March 27, 2014
The Reformed Church of Bronxville
Bronxville, NY USA
Summary of Position: This new position provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to have a huge impact on the lives of our families and congregation. We want someone with the motivation and maturity to take this challenge and provide strong leadership in this critical part of the life of our church.
The Family Minister ideally should have strong experience leading and implementing a family ministry program. The Family Minister will be called upon to cultivate relationships with the families and youth in our church and to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to nurture them toward spiritual growth and maturity. This person should have high spiritual maturity, strong relational and communication skills, and experience in leadership and administration.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville is a church with over 900 family members in Bronxville, New York, located in Westchester County, approximately 16 miles north of Mid-town Manhattan. The church is blessed to have exceptional senior leadership by Senior Minister Rev. Ken Ruge and Associate Minister Cari Pattison, head of Congregational Life, a skilled and dedicated staff and administration, an active and engaged Consistory, and a sizeable and healthy congregation. The church has a $2.4 million annual operating budget and $23 million endowment, enjoys a wonderful physical facility, nursery school, extensive programming, and is situated right in the heart of scenic Bronxville, NY.
Over the course of 2012-13, the church engaged in an intensive and broadly inclusive self-evaluation and strategic planning process, with the benefit of assistance from The Alban Institute, which affirmed many aspects of the church and identified areas for strengthening and future growth. In the fall of 2013, following the resignation of our previous full-time youth director, the church commissioned an internal task force to evaluate best practices in the areas of family faith formation and youth ministry. Recognizing the need and opportunity to create greater engagement and relevance with our families and particularly our youth, who are our future, the church unanimously committed to establish a top quality family ministry program and hire an experienced family faith minister to lead and administer the program with the engagement and support of the clergy, staff, Consistory, and membership.
The position is full-time and permanent, meaning the church is making a long-term commitment to family ministry and we are seeking a candidate who will remain with our church community for many years to come. Compensation will be full-time salary and benefits commensurate with an experienced minister position.
The Family Minister will be called upon to cultivate relationships with the families and youth in our church and to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to nurture them toward spiritual growth and maturity.
We will ask our Family Minister to:
• To be an engaging, passionate and inspirational leader who will share, promote and help families and youth develop their Christian faith.
• To participate in a significant way in church leadership, administration, and worship activities.
• To develop, lead, and administer a Family Ministry program, designed to address the spiritual needs and development of fathers, mothers and youth, as individual groups and collectively as families. We are seeking to develop a program that is engaging, relevant, integrated, and experiential. We believe elements of this program would include:
• To develop and administer, along with support of others, programs focused on fathers, and mothers in the church (there is currently an active women’s program, however the men’s program is under-developed).
• To serve as a group leader and ministry coordinator for the youth program, including, along with the help of adult volunteers, to direct spiritual development and activities of students in fifth grade through high school, including the 8th grade confirmation process (we are currently functioning with an interim, part time youth director).
• To oversee Christian Education and Youth Ministry, and closely collaborate with Mission and Outreach as well as Music to develop and implement coordinated programs and activities.
• To create a community in which ALL our youth, wherever they are in life’s path or in their faith journey feel unconditionally loved and accepted as they are.
• To create an environment in which our youth are challenged and developed, and where youth choose to passionately participate in something larger than themselves vs. participating because their parents told them to.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville places a high value on spiritual maturity. We expect our Family Minister:
• To be mature and fully devoted to God and to the church of Jesus Christ.
• To have a love for scripture and some facility and experience teaching from God’s Word.
• To be prayerful and comfortable leading others in prayer.
• To be a strong role model of Christian living, with high standards for integrity and character.
• To be able to recognize God’s leading and use Godly wisdom for direction for this ministry.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville desires someone who is able to build strong relational ties. We expect our Family Minister to:
• Demonstrate a servant’s character with parents, youth, staff and volunteers.
• Be authentic, able to relate with youth of all backgrounds, hopefully even be cool :-)
• Live with a joyful spirit and a good sense of humor.
• Value the intergenerational experiences and gifts of the full family-life of the church.
• Recognize the importance of connecting to the wider community of Bronxville and Westchester County and be comfortable doing so.
The Reformed Church of Bronxville is looking for someone who meets the following qualifications and professional standards:
• Ideally has a Master’s degree in ministry, however the candidate need not be an ordained minister. Possesses at least a Bachelor degree (minimum requirement); (Please note this is not a “called” ministry position).
• Five to ten years of experience and demonstrated success in a ministry, including with family ministry and youth ministry (highly desired), and ideally experience and methodology for leading a family ministry program. However, highly qualified candidates with less experience will be considered.
• Must have passion, commitment and professionalism.
• Be highly organized and able to demonstrate leadership in administration and work in a team environment.
• Be able to effectively communicate with adults and youth of various ages and levels of spiritual maturity.
• Proficiency in communications technology and social media (preferred).
• To understand, support, and protect the Reformed Church of Bronxville’s mission, values, and culture.
• To articulate the vision and goals for ministry programs and activities.
• To encourage and support adult volunteers and equip them for service.
• Must be willing to abide with the Reformed Church of Bronxville’s rules of conduct, safety rules in adult/youth circumstances and communications, and have a stewardship for the church and facilities.
• The Family Minister will be accountable to and supported by the Senior Minister, Youth Council Chairman, and Church Consistory.
We understand and expect that the Family Minister would bring her/his own dreams and visions as to what this ministry might become in the future.
We will encourage, pray for and support you as a leader in this congregation.
For additional information on The Reformed Church of Bronxville, please refer to: www.reformedchurch.org.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume via email.
March 26, 2014
Intentional Community Resident
The Blackburn House Project
Todd, North Carolina USA
Blackburn House is a community focused on both rootedness in place and building up the local rural community of Todd, NC. Connected with the worshiping community of Blackburn's Chapel UMC and local nonprofits in Todd there are many opportunities to preach, lead worship, work with local community developers, live in contemplative community with other Christians, practice reconciliation and learn agrarian practices. For more information contact us at 336-877-3317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 24, 2014
First Baptist Church
Rowland, NC USA
Rowland First Baptist Church is searching for a Pastor. We are a rural church in Rowland, N.C. located in
southern Robeson County. Sunday school numbers range from 35 to 40 and worship service numbers
that range from 45-65. Our congregation is conservative. We are looking for a Man of God grounded in his faith, willing to work to spread the word of God, and mature in faith but willing to help our church grow. We also have Wednesday night services and are looking to build our youth group. 2 bedroom parsonage included in benefits package. Seminary degree required. Compensation to be negotiated.
March 24, 2014
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry
Dover, Ohio USA
With a simple and clear mission to “lead people to realize and reach their full potential in Jesus Christ,” NewPointe continues to reach people who are far from God and draw them into a life-giving relationship with Jesus. The largest campus is in Dover with more than 105,000 square feet of ministry space and sits on 200 acres surrounded by lush farmland. More than 2,000 people attend the Dover campus each week. People come from all over Northeast Ohio to attend NewPointe, a reality that led to the planting of three other campuses and a plan to establish six more campuses on the I77 Corridor by 2020.
To help fulfill this vision, NewPointe is seeking a dynamic and gifted Campus Pastor to give leadership to the Dover Campus, run its day-to-day operations, develop the team, and contribute to the leadership of NewPointe Church. The Campus Pastor serves as the spiritual and directional point person for the campus location. The Campus Pastor will execute the strategy, values, and vision of the Executive Leadership of NewPointe Church within the context of the local congregation. This individual will act as a shepherd for the congregation and will oversee the physical and logistical aspects of the location. The Campus Pastor will ensure the vitality of community and discipleship connections.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching the unreached, working within a community, and promoting innovation through collaboration. They will show a high degree of effectiveness in leadership, communication, public speaking, and worship planning. Experience in a multistaff, multi-site setting is strongly preferred. Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the new Campus Pastor. However, they will most likely hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college or university.
Dover, OH is set amidst the beautiful rolling hills and farmland of Northeast Ohio, approximately ninety minutes from downtown Cleveland and within 2 hours of Pittsburgh, PA and Columbus, OH. This lush area has been known for its rich agricultural heritage. Recently, the area has seen a boom in oil and gas development that will likely bring large numbers of people and resources into the area. With a low cost of living and a high quality of life, Dover is undoubtedly a great place to live and raise a family.
March 24, 2014
Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina United States
The Coordinator of the Office of Divine Worship manages the work of the Office of Divine Worship by assisting, supporting, and promoting the work of the Office, particularly, in the day-to-day carrying out of the work of the Office, Diocesan Celebrations, formation opportunities, and other projects and initiatives carried out by the Office of Divine Worship. The Coordinator reports to the Director. The coordinator reports to the Director of the Office of Divine Worship.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume via email.
March 20, 2014
Cathedral Church of the Advent
Birmingham, Alabama USA
The Cathedral Church of the Advent (Episcopal) seeks a graduating seminarian who will be ordained upon graduation (Episcopal or ELCA). The position will be a two year ministry where the curate is able to be a part of the ministry of the Cathedral with concentration in the areas of mission and outreach and pastoral care. There will be a strong emphasis on teaching and preaching as well.
The Cathedral Church of the Advent is the cathedral for the Diocese of Alabama. Is is located in downtown Birmingham and has a membership of 3,700.
The Very Rev. Andrew C. Pearson, Jr.
March 19, 2014
Damascus Congregational Christian Church
Chapel Hill, NC USA
Damascus Congregational Christian Church in Chapel Hill, NC, prayerfully seeks God’s direction as we search for a part-time pastor to minister alongside us, to cast the vision, and to guide us in our journey of spiritual growth and discipleship. The congregation desires a pastor who relates well to all ages, is gifted in preaching and teaching God’s word, has a commitment to minister to the sick and shut-in, and has a desire to seek outreach opportunities to our surrounding community.
Please mail your resume and cover letter to:
Pastor Search Committee
Damascus Congregational Christian Church
522 Damascus Church Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
or, send via email to: Ted Blake, Chair, Pastor Search Committee, at email@example.com
Ted Black, Search Committee Chair
March 19, 2014
Director of Student Ministry
Clear Lake United Methodist Church
Houston, Texas United States
Clear Lake United Methodist Church in Houston, Texas, is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministry to join their team. Located near Johnson Space Center in a metropolitan area, Clear Lake is an active and friendly church who is Christ-centered and mission minded. The Director of Student Ministry will work with the Student Leadership Team and the staff to develop and grow a well-balanced student ministry based on the church’s three-part strategy of Worship, Connect, and Serve.
The Director of Student Ministry will have the following primary responsibilities:
• Provide leadership in all student ministry programming and supervise student ministry staff.
• Develop relationships with students from 6th to 12th grade, their families, and volunteers.
• Equip by recruiting and training parents and volunteers; and, by seeking personal growth opportunities.
• Ensure that student ministry records and facilities are well kept and tended.
• Nurture students and families throughout life events.
Qualified candidates will have:
• A personal commitment to Christ
• Joy in teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ
• Experience in a student ministry, preferably a large church setting, and in planning events with a strength in delegation
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Skilled with technology
March 18, 2014
Methodist English Ministry and Youth Director
Agape Korean UMC
Cary, NC USA
Small Korean church in Cary is looking for a part-time English Ministry and Youth Director, beginning in April, 2014.
Qualified applicants should have (or be currently working on) an MDiv and be comfortable preaching and teaching the Methodist faith. Experience working with youth is a major plus. Applicants must be willing to make at least a one-year commitment to the church.
Plan and teach Bible-Study curriculum once a week for Children (4-9), Youth (10-18) and College/Young Adults (18+).
Plan, lead, and preach one 1-hour worship service for ages 10 and up in English.
Plan, lead, and preach one 1-hour worship service for ages 9 and below in English.
Plan and coordinate additional mission and fellowship activities for children, youth, and young adults (retreats, lock-ins, VBS, etc.).
Please send a resume and cover letter to the e-mail address below if interested and qualified.
March 18, 2014
Director of High School Ministries
Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church
Vestavia Hills, AL US
Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church, located in the Birmingham, AL area, is searching for a full-time Director of High School Ministries for the student ministry. The Director will engage students in their faith formation with a strong emphasis on building relationships with students and the volunteers in the student ministry. The Director will recruit, train and empower laity to oversee aspects of the student ministry as well as the weekly programming. The Director will work in conjunction with the Associate Pastor for Spiritual Formation, Chair of the Youth Council, the Middle School Director, student ministry interns and administrative staff.
VHUMC is currently serving 175+ students with a full array of programs for more in-depth growth and events for fellowship and connection. It is an established ministry and highly valued by church members. Components include a strong music program (with a youth choir, hand bell choir and youth praise band), Sunday School, Middle School Wednesday Morning Breakfast, Sunday Night Youth Group, special events, mission trips, dedicated youth space and weekly small groups.
VHUMC is seeking an individual who
• Demonstrates a commitment to Jesus Christ
• Understands the importance of this role in the Body of Christ
• Embraces the United Methodist doctrine and support the ministry and vision of VHUMC
• Has a Bachelor’s degree
• Has at least five (5) years of student ministry experience
• Seeks to minister to and with students and the adult volunteers who serve in the ministry
• Serves as a team member with a diverse group of volunteers as well as church staff
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Has the ability to manage multiple event ministries well and is highly organized
• Exhibits the ability to empower teams of adult volunteers
Those interested and qualified for the position should send a cover letter and resume to Rev. Kipp McClurg via email.
Rev. Kipp McClurg