September 02, 2014
Director of Student Faith Formation
Canterbury United Methodist Church
Birmingham, Alabama United States
Canterbury United Methodist Church located in Birmingham, Alabama, is searching for a full-time Director of Student Faith Formation, a person who will serve more in an “executor” role as part of the student ministry team. This position will build upon and strengthen the spiritual formation of students by establishing relationships with both students and their families. The main responsibilities are:
• Maintain day-to-day management of the spiritual formation of students, in alignment with Canterbury’s mission and values
• Develop relationships with youth and their families to nurture their relationship with Christ, with a focus on high school students and families
• Collaborate, support and troubleshoot with volunteers
• Provide oversight to the programmatic aspects of student ministry
• Infuse a joyful Christian atmosphere into all Canterbury youth programs
• A minimum of five years of experience in leading a youth ministry program, preferably in a larger church or similar organization
• A Bachelor’s degree with a preference toward a field related to youth ministry
• Knowledge of sustainable systems
• A passion for serving youth and their families
• Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey.
• Ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of ministry programs and events
• Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
Canterbury United Methodist Church is a well-established, traditional church of about 3,000 members in Birmingham, AL with a history of excellence in music, worship, adult education and mission experiences. The theological environment of Canterbury United Methodist Church offers a foundation on the Bible while promoting a culture that values theological diversity. Canterbury United Methodist Church strives to model openness, acceptance, and tolerance.
For more detailed information and to submit a resume, please contact Kristina Zirschky via email.
September 02, 2014
Director of Youth Ministries
Harbor United Methodist Church
Wilmington, NC USA
Harbor United Methodist Church, a vibrant, growing, thousand-member congregation in coastal Wilmington, NC is searching for a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. The Director will be responsible for the discipleship of youth Grades 6-12 while working within the United Methodist tradition and the transitioning of Youth Ministries into Harbor’s new facility in 2015. For the job description with responsibilities and desired qualifications, click on link provided. Interested candidates should submit a resume and three references to Elizabeth Smith via email by October 8, 2014.
September 02, 2014
Church, Ministry, Education
Minister of Congregational Life
Wieuca Road Baptist Church
Atlanta, GA USA
The Minister of Congregational Life is primarily responsible for planning, promoting, implementing, and evaluating the spiritual education and formation ministries of the church. With oversight of age-group ministries, the Minister will supervise the professional and volunteer leaders of these ministries. The Minister will work closely with the Christian Education Director and Christian Education Committee to plan and coordinate innovative Bible teaching and discipleship programs. The Minister will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and will serve as ex-officio on appropriate standing and ad hoc committees. The Minister will participate in regular staff meetings, planning retreats, and staff team building events and will assist in pastoral duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
1. Bible teaching/discipleship programs – Work closely with the Christian Education leadership in developing truly innovative Bible teaching and discipleship programs. This would include establishing the education calendar, choosing and evaluating curricula and other resources, and enlisting and training teachers, facilitators, and other leaders. Directly accountable and responsible for Covenant Groups and In-Home/Small Group development including the expansion of Singles and other specific ministries.
2. Leadership Development – Work with the Senior Pastor and Nominating Committee to identify spiritual gifts among members, seek potential leaders, and staff existing and new programs; Create, plan, coordinate leadership training events in January, August (Global Leadership Summit), and November.
3. Marketing/Technology – Oversee website development, content creation, communication vehicles, work with staff, Social Media Team, Marketing Committee, and appropriate contractors to promote church vision, processes, events, and activities to church and community.
4. Pastoral Ministry – Serve as Associate Pastor to assist the Senior Pastor in worship leadership, visitation/outreach, pastoral care, and participation in denominational/community events. Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective follow-up initiatives with worship visitors to provide them with appropriate information about engaging with Covenant Groups, Bible study groups, various activities ministries for family members, and others.
5. Strategic Plan module oversight – Serve as staff liaison for age group, marketing, and facilities modules; participate in evaluation and updating of related plan areas.
Key Competencies and Experiences:
1. Demonstrated leadership profile in previous assignments including:
a. Creating a clear, shared vision among his/her constituencies;
b. Possessing strong “delegation with accountability” skills;
c. Developing people through coaching, teaching, mentoring;
d. Building strong and effective teams;
e. Resolving conflict positively for all concerned;
f. Leading both staff and laity effectively;
g. Creating momentum for positive, sustainable change;
h. Communicating effectively and spiritually in one-to-one and in group settings, both orally and through writing;
i. Possessing a sense of urgency and is a self-starter who can work well independently when required.
2. Seminary degree required.
3. Vocational experience in a multi-staff church setting.
4. At least five years of positive and successful experience in church vocation.
5. Ability to articulate spiritual gifts as well as professional abilities.
6. Successful and creative experiences in developing, implementing, monitoring, and coordinating In-Home/Small Group Bible Study.
7. Proven passion for the use of social media and associated technology to market church initiatives and to provide evangelical outreach to change lives.
8. Successful experience in developing, implementing, evaluating, and continuously updating a strategic planning process in a church environment.
9. Demonstrated capabilities in effective written communications particularly in connection with the use of the written word in social media, web content creation, and other forms of publication.
10. Successful experience in the preparation, analysis, implementation of budget processes in a church setting.
September 01, 2014
Community Church at Tellico Village
Loudon, Tennessee United States
Community Church at Tellico Village is seeking a Senior Pastor to lead our pastoral team and congregation following the retirement of our pastor who served for seventeen years. CCTV is a 1400 member interdenominational church located SW of Knoxville, TN in a planned community on Tellico Lake in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. The church is affiliated with the International Council of Community Churches. The ideal candidate possesses a deep personal faith in Jesus Christ and demonstrates a true desire to shape their ministry by the Great Commandment. S/he values Christian unity and ecumenical cooperation. S/he values Christian unity and ecumenical cooperation. S/he is a mature “people-person” with leadership skills who has a passion for: preaching, developing fellowship, and spiritual growth ministries. Ministers from all denominations may apply. M. Div. required. If interested, visit us at www.tellicochurch.com and post resume to email@example.com. Otherwise mail to TVCC Search Team, 130 Chota Center, Loudon, TN 37774. The deadline for submission of application materials is November 15, 2014.
September 01, 2014
Director of Children & Youth Ministry
Englewood United Methodist Church
Rocky Mount, North Carolina United States
The Director of Children and Youth Ministry will provide dynamic leadership and oversight to the children and youth ministries at Englewood United Methodist Church, equipping all to disciple children and youth.
• Create and communicate a vision for children and youth ministries
• Create environments for young people to grow and develop in spiritual formation.
• Engage with youth, children and families as a participant in children & youth ministries.
• Develop and promote creative celebrations of children and youth ministries.
• Promote the development and growth of children and youth ministry groups that speak to the diverse needs and interests of children and youth.
• Develop a network of spiritually gifted volunteer leaders, mentors, and apprentices who can disciple children and youth toward spiritual maturity.
• Coordinate and facilitate volunteer leader training events for new and established workers in children and youth ministry, with a system to recruit, train, develop and appreciate volunteers.
• Participate in staff team meeting and Christian Education Ministry team meeting
• Participate in worship as worshiper and/or assisting leaders, as appropriate for your life.
• Network in the community, with other congregations, and the denomination to develop and share mutual resources for children & youth ministry.
• Strong Christian faith and a commitment to education of youth and children
• AA or BS in education or religious studies (or equivalent). A Master of Divinity degree is preferred. A United Methodist background is advantageous.
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitation in Children and Youth ministry skills.
• Ability to engage in a warm and caring manner with youth, children, and parents
• Familiar and comfortable with social media and other modern communication techniques
• Organizing: Can gather and organize resources (people, funding, materials, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; can use resources effectively and efficiently.
• Planning: Sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedule; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; evaluates results.
• Manages vision and purposes: Articulates and supports the visions and mission of Englewood UMC (making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world); communicates a compelling and inspired vision for children’s and youth ministry; creates a compelling vision of possibility, hope, and optimism; helping others to own the vision.
• Developing volunteers: Is able to identify raw talent and recruit capable people into positions of responsibility; provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments for others to do; communicate expectations clearly and holds people accountable.
• Managing conflict: Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflict, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; focuses when listening; settles disputes collaboratively and equitably; finds common ground and gets cooperation.
• Interpersonal Relationships: Relates well to all types of people, inside and outside of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
• Trust and Integrity: Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; practices what he or she preaches.
Interested candidates should submit their letter of interest and resume, labeled “Director of Children and Youth Ministry” attention: Christian Davenport, Englewood UMC, PO Box 7128, Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27804 or via e-mail.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Effective: 9/01/2014 or as soon as available
Directly Supervises: Volunteers for Children & Youth Ministry
Status: Full time
September 01, 2014
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry
Part-Time Volunteer Administrator
Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church
Raleigh, NC USA
The Volunteer Administrator is charged with the integration of all laity into the active ministry of Pleasant Grove UMC so that our vision and mission might be realized.
• Minimum of three years ministry experience working closely with families
• Strong relational and team building talent
• Proven organizational abilities
• Effective communication skills
• Must be sensitive to issues of diversity
• Integrate church members and visitors into PGUMC programs to realize our vision to reach, engage and enable all
• Maintain a presence at worship services on Sunday mornings to greet and engage church visitors and members rotating through the services, with the exception of sick and vacation days. (SPRC representative will explain expectation.)
• Recruit volunteers to serve in specific ministry roles at PGUMC as needed
• Implement and maintain the church’s “Gifts and Graces” database (i.e. time and talent survey)
• Implement and maintain new visitor information and contact records
• Keep the congregation informed of volunteer opportunities through articles in the newsletter, personal contact, email, etc.
• In consultation with the Pastor(s) attend designated meetings
• Oversee and maintain the Safe Sanctuary Compliance in partnership with the Safe Sanctuaries task force
• Oversee and maintain the Volunteer Calendars and Nursery workers’ calendar
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to SPRC Chairperson via email.
August 26, 2014
Director of Youth Ministries (Full Time)
Trinity United Methodist Church
Richmond, VA USA
Trinity United Methodist Church, a 3000 member church in Richmond, VA has an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Youth Ministries.
This position requires the visioning, designing and implementing of a comprehensive youth ministry for students, grades 6-12. Ministry with our youth will include spiritual formation, worship, mission and fun. Our Youth Director must have a passion for youth and for leading them into the transformative grace of Jesus Christ. He/she must also have the ability to incorporate our young people fully into the life of the Church and to take their faith into the world. The successful candidate will have a vibrant and self-evident faith in Jesus Christ, the ability to relate well to both youth and youth families, and be a team player on the church staff.
Prior experience in Youth Ministry is expected and a background check is required before hiring. Salary and benefits will be based on experience and qualifications.
Resume and cover letter via email.
Youth Search Committee Members
August 22, 2014
Part Time Youth Pastor
Hanks Chapel UCC
Pittsboro, NC USA
Hanks Chapel UCC, Pittsboro, North Carolina is seeking a part-time youth pastor to minister to our children, middle, and high school students. This individual should have a sense of God’s specific call to reach and disciple pre-teens and teens and will oversee all facets of youth ministry. We are looking for a person who has passion and skill for youth ministry, a vibrant relationship with God and mature relationships with God's people. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and leadership skills, a mature vision for mission/outreach, and a passion for mentoring youth. It is important that the applicant provide some activities for elementary age children.
The candidate will work closely with the pastor, music minister, and support committee to make decisions about curriculum and activities. Salary will be negotiable based on education and experience. Hanks Chapel Church is set in a rural area in central North Carolina within a few miles of several larger cities. We have approximately 90-100 active members with roughly 12-15 preteens and teens.
August 21, 2014
Associate Rector for Pastoral Care and Parish Life
St. John's Episcopal Church
Tallahassee, FL US
Please see the full job description at link below.
Lindsay Hardy, Parish Administrator
August 20, 2014
UNC Presbyterian Campus Ministry Intern
Presbyterian Campus Ministry of Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA
Come join us at UNC PCM for a year of ministry with our college students. Great exposure for young adult ministry specific to a university campus and community in a thriving campus ministry setting. This internship entails mostly- connecting with students, but also leading a weekly small group and another area where the individual intern is excited to be plugged in. Also, the intern is invited to join us for Thursday night dinner and programs along with traveling with us on any retreats they are available along with a spring break trip to Denver, CO, to DOOR Ministry.