January 05, 2015
Director of Children's Ministries
Porterfield Memorial United Methodist Church
Albany, Georgia USA
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES for Porterfield Memorial United Methodist Church, a 2800 member congregation in the South Georgia Annual Conference (Albany, Georgia)
The children’s director is responsible for planning and implementing all programming for children ages two years through 5th grade. The various programs and job responsibilities are listed below. This is a full-time position.
• Select the preschool curriculum from a publisher of Sunday school materials
• Maintain a scope and sequence of lessons for a six-year period
• Research, select, purchase and write the Sunday school lessons for each of the six rotation model workshops and provide teacher manuals for each workshop area
• Oversee the Sunday school instruction on Sunday mornings
• Register the children by grade levels
• Recruit and train teachers, or use volunteers to recruit teachers and find substitutes when necessary
• Recruit and train volunteers to be shepherds, who stay with the children in every workshop they attend, and room coordinators, who gather supplies for each workshop
• Maintain the physical space in K.O.O.L. Studios by finding volunteers to do general clean-up, repairs, signage, and painting
• Plan and implement any mission projects that are part of the Sunday school curriculum
• Plan a back-to-school and church rally day each August
• Enforce the Safe Sanctuaries policy in all areas of children’s ministry
• Remind other staff members of this policy
After School Programs—F.F.G.O. (For Fifth Grade Only) and Wonderful Wednesday
• Recruit, screen and train drivers
• Recruit and train volunteers to purchase and serve snack, help with homework, and lead small groups
• Recruit and train youth helpers to assist me on these days
• Plan the quarterly calendar with the music director
• Supervise all volunteers and children during the program
• Choose the curriculum, teach the lesson, lead the games and any extra activities like crafts or seasonal programs
• Plan and implement any special field trips
• Plan and implement any special mission projects that will include these children
• Communicate with parents
Wednesday Night Fellowship Supper
• Recruit children to say the blessing for those eating supper
• Recruit volunteers to lead a short devotion and play games or take the children out to the playground when weather permits from 6:25-7:15 p.m.
• Plan overnight trips
• Recruit, screen, and train volunteers
• Oversee the trip from beginning to end
• Purchase any snacks or meals when necessary
• Communicate with parents
The Children’s Director is the staff liaison to the Porterfield Day School. Those responsibilities include:
• Attend all PDS Board Meetings
• Work with the PDS Director as a sounding board and to give the church’s position on any issues that arise
Wednesday Day Away program
• Maintain adequate nursery staff, including hiring and firing, to run the program that is offered on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for children ages 6 weeks through three years old
• Work with the Nursery Director to see that the program is publicized and that there is communication with parents
• Receive tuition money from the Nursery Director to deposit in Porterfield Memorial UMC account
Oceans of Fun
• Hire a director to run this summer preschool program for children ages 6 weeks to rising 2nd grade which operates during the months of June and July
• Hire youth to help the teachers
• Work with the director to determine the curriculum
• Oversee funding—tuition, payroll, expenses
• Present gift Bibles to our 3rd graders every August at one of our three worship services.
Palm Sunday Palm Processional
• Organize the children in a Palm Sunday processional at the 9:15 and 11:10 services. The children act like the people in Jerusalem on “Palm” Sunday by waving palm branches and shouting “Hosanna!”
Easter Egg Hunt
• Publicize the event which is held annually on the Saturday before Easter Sunday
• Ask for candy-filled egg donations from the congregation
• “Lay” the eggs on the morning of the event and make sure all children get at least a few eggs before the hunt is over and clean up
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is offered the 3rd week in June every year. Our VBS is held from Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Choose the curriculum and organize all the crafts, music, drama, snacks, recreation and opening and closing assemblies for both preschool and elementary children
• Recruit and train all adult and youth volunteers
• Recruit a VBS nurse
• Organize registration of children prior to and during the event
• Create the schedule
• Choose and implement the mission project
• Make sure all Safe Sanctuaries policies are part of the training and implemented
• Secure nursery staff for the volunteers who have small children
• Create allergy lists and inform all appropriate volunteers
• Publicize the event
• Prepare and give a weekly children’s moment at the 9:15 and 11:10 services
Deadline to submit resume and cover letter: Friday, Feb. 6, 2015
Please send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Porterfield Director of Children’s Ministries” in the subject line.
January 01, 2015
Director of Youth Ministries
Central United Methodist Church
Asheville, North Carolina USA
Central United Methodist Church, a 3,000 member church in Asheville, NC is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries to assist in its mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The role of the DYM is to oversee the youth’s ministry strategy of Central UMC under the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Central UMC and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values.
The DYM will partner with parents to lead youth to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement, and spiritual growth at Central UMC by meeting youth where they are and leading them to next steps. The DYM will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of youth through weekend ministries, small groups, and volunteer teams.
Absolutely essential is the proven ability to envision, develop, and implement Youth ministry programming and strategies that will support Central UMC’s vision, mission, values, and discipleship strategies. It is also essential that the DYM form strong working relationships with Central UMC staff, volunteers, and laity in order to perform this job to excellent.
Desired Education and Experience:
. A sense of God’s call to youth ministry.
. Confirmation of skills, talents, giftedness, and passion for this ministry
. Team player.
. Strong relational and social skills—showing the ability to work well with
youth and adults.
. Experience with volunteers and the ability to recruit, equip, and enable
. Ability to multi-task.
. Organizational skills to plan and implement programs in a timely fashion.
. Ability to articulate and write promotional information about upcoming
. Committed to continued personal growth, both spiritually and educationally.
BS, BA in Youth Ministry OR equivalent education and experience.
3 – 5 years related youth, discipleship, or other ministry experience.
About Asheville, NC
Asheville is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina within three hours of Atlanta, Charlotte and Knoxville, Tennessee. With moderate temperatures and scenic mountain views, Asheville is a popular tourist destination and relocation choice. Asheville is home to the Biltmore Estate, America’s largest private residence, and has diverse culture and many outdoor activities. Explore all that Asheville has to offer.
January 01, 2015
Youth Director - First United Methodist Church
First United Methodist Church
Midland, TX USA
First United Methodist Church has been part of Midland’s history from the earliest days of the city, when a small group gathered to meet with a Methodist minister of the West Texas Conference to “organize a church.” From that humble beginning over 125 years ago, First Methodist has grown into the vibrant, multifaceted church it is today. The current facility sits in the heart of downtown Midland and is one of the last churches to remain on its original site.
First Methodist is seeking a relational Youth Director who loves students and will model a growing relationship with Jesus to them. The Youth Director is directly responsible for the oversight of all junior and senior high Youth Ministry activities, including Sunday School, Sunday evening worship (led by Youth Praise Team), and junior and senior high small groups. Events such as retreats, outreaches, and mission trips are also part of the scope of this role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to love and relate to a wide diversity of students. This candidate will have a proven track record of developing the growth of students in both numbers and depth in a way that reflects the overall vision of First United Methodist Church. The Youth Director will be directly responsible to recruit, train, and develop Youth Ministry volunteers, and the ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven track record of reaching goals through a collaborative team approach. The Youth Director will create momentum in the Youth Ministry through relationships with students, parents, volunteers, and ministry colleagues.
Midland, Texas is a city in the county seat of Midland County and a component of the larger Midland-Odessa area. The city is located in the Permian Basin in the West Plains of Texas. Midland was originally founded as the midway point between Fort Worth and El Paso on the Texas and Pacific Railroad in 1881. The economy of Midland is heavy influenced by the oil and gas industry. It is said that over 16% of the nation's oil reserves are contained in the Permian Basin and accounts for over 61% of Texas oil production.
However, Midland is not only synonymous with oil and gas, but also with high school football. The show "Friday Night Lights" was inspired by the Midland-Odessa area. The city has received national recognition as the hometown of former First Lady Laura Bush and the onetime home of former President George H. W. Bush, former President George W. Bush, and former First Lady Barbara Bush. President George W. and Laura Bush were married in the beautiful chapel at First United Methodist Church.
To Apply, please email your resume to Resumes@Vanderbloemen.com OR Apply through our website: http://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/first-united-methodist-church-youth-di...
January 01, 2015
Director of Students
Abingdon, VA USA
Abingdon UMC (Abingdon VA in the Holston Conference) looks to hire a full-time Director of Students, who will lead programming and activities for all grade school age students (K-12). The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and energetic, able to relate to all students in this age range and be willing to work with students, parents and church staff. Other considerations include familiarity and appreciation of the traditions and theology of the UMC, ability to use social media and to plan and lead overnight trips. We expect our Director of Students to be active and network in the community (schools, district, conference, other local churches). Passing a background check and Safe Sanctuary training required. College degree and/or 3-5 years’ experience in area preferred. Insurance and retirement benefits will be part of salary package. Submit resume via email. For further information please contact Robert Countiss.
December 19, 2014
Summer Camp Intern - Alaska
Chugiak, Alaska United States
Birchwood Camp is currently seeking 6 to 8 dynamic, talented, flexible, compassionate young adults to serve on their 2015 summer camp intern team. Birchwood Camp's intern program is designed to give young adults the opportunity to lead and learn in a variety of ways: Interns practice program planning, design and execution as they support and lead weekly residential camp programs. They learn about working effectively with children, teens and adults and have tremendous opportunities to develop their leadership & cooperative skills. Our interns help in all parts of camp as “all-purpose” employees, supporting the various aspects of our ministry of hospitality. They are mentored by other leaders who help them to identify & nurture their gifts. All of our staff, interns and volunteers learn to live and practice genuine Christian community.
December 17, 2014
Director of Youth Ministry
First United Methodist Church
Fort Smith, Arkansas United States
Resumes are being accepted for the full time position of Director of Youth Ministry. It is preferred that applicants have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, a commitment to the United Methodist Church and Wesleyan theology, and experience in leading youth ministry. Graduate work or advanced training in youth ministry is preferred. Full job description available. Resumes may be sent to Pastor Robert Cloninger via email or mailed to First United Methodist Church, 200 N.15th Fort Smith, AR 72901. For questions call Pastor Robert.
Rev. Robert Cloninger
December 16, 2014
Raleigh, NC USA
At Connections Church we seek to build relationships that change things. And we do just that. Since 2004, we've been building relationships and seeking God together- skeptics, doubters, new believers, and mature disciples- all of us together, learning to follow Jesus and growing in our love for God, our local neighbors, and the world around us.
We are a non-denominational, Christian community full of people from a diverse range of faith backgrounds. We honor the uniqueness of each individual's journey with God while also valuing the importance of being on this journey together. We create space for questions. We believe in the power of story. We lean into challenge. We offer hope to the broken. And we want you to be a part of the incredible work God is doing in our community.
The Worship Leader at Connections is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people. He/She would provide overall worship team leadership and coordination to enable a meaningful and uplifting worship experience that partners with the teaching at our weekly gatherings. There are currently two gatherings each Sunday morning which provide a contemporary worship experience with a full band.
Connections is looking for a person to lead our Worship Ministry through the following:
In coordination with the Senior Pastor, plans the worship experience for each gathering including the music selection and arrangement.
Leads worship 75% of the time or more.
Develops a music ministry team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of Christian family among all the musicians and support team. Leads the team in spiritual development and support for each other as disciples of Christ working together to lead His people in worship.
Recruits, develops, mentors and retains instrumental and vocal members for the worship team.
Coordinates the scheduling of worship team members and worship leaders.
Coordinates and leads worship team rehearsals including arranging music as necessary to fit the band.
Works as a team with the Sr. Pastor, Family Pastor and volunteer leaders to enable Connections to fulfill the overall mission God has given us.
Administrative coordination of the Worship Team, Sound Team and Visual Arts Team:
Chord charts and demo tracks
Coordination of announcements and flows for the worship gatherings
Budget and expense management
Sound and visual equipment maintenance and upgrades
Recruits, develops, trains and retains sound and visual arts teams
Qualifications and attributes:
A spiritually and emotionally mature person prepared to provide leadership with integrity through their example of ongoing spiritual growth and devotion to Jesus Christ and His church.
Facilitative leadership skills that result in a highly committed, energized and empowered worship team focused on worshiping God first and foremost.
A teachable spirit, a servant mindset and a willingness to work as part of a ministry team under the leadership of the Senior Pastor.
A gifted musician and leader with a heart for worship and ability to create an authentic worship experience.
Instrumental proficiency in guitar or keyboard preferred.
A friendly, energetic personality.
The ability to plan, submit and work within a ministry budget.
A minimum of 3 years prior experience leading worship teams is required.
December 12, 2014
Christian School Pastor cum Career Guidance
NationalHigh Jakarta School
Support school community; Provide pastoral care and career guidance to students.
December 11, 2014
Director of Worship and Creative Arts
Riviera United Methodist Church
St. Petersburg, FL United States
Riviera United Methodist Church in St. Petersburg, FL is seeking to fill a part-time Director of Worship and Creative Arts position. This role includes leading the Worship Design Team to creatively plan worship, providing musical leadership for our Praise Team in performing a contemporary worship service, and recruiting and training volunteers for other worship creative arts elements, including Video/Sound components as well as Youth worship opportunities. Requirements include the ability to play keyboard and/or guitar, take on the role of lead vocalist, and encourage participation from members of the congregation through song and prayer.
Riviera UMC is a growing church of approximately 365 members whose mission is Growing to be like Christ, Sharing the Hope of Christ, and Transforming Lives through Christ. If you feel your gifts and experience fit this role, please send the following to the address below:
1. Resume – Please submit your resume outlining your education, experience and qualifications for the position of Director of Worship and Creative Arts.
2. Statement of Faith – Please submit a brief statement on your relationship with Christ. As with all of long-term relationships, there are rewards and challenges. Please share your thoughts on what you would consider your life’s ‘autobiographical spiritual journey with Jesus.’
3. Vocal/Musical Samples – Please provide a video file or link to website where we can view a recording of your musical performance, including vocal as well as instrumental. While it would be nice to see a sample in a worship setting, we will also consider other performances if they provide a more in-depth illustration of your musical ability.
December 11, 2014
Macedonia Baptist Church
Raleigh, North Carolina United States
Part-time (25 hour/week) Youth Minister for 7th-8th graders and high school students. Duties will include, but are not limited to, Sunday, Wednesday evening discipleship, youth targeted activities, outreach, special programs and retreats. The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in, or a graduate of, Divinity School. To apply, submit a letter of interest and a resume that includes both a Statement of Faith and a Statement of Call to Ministry to our email address at: YouthMinisterSearch@mbcnc.org. A full job description can be found at www.mbcnc.org. Questions can be directed to the Church office at email@example.com or by calling.