June 28, 2014
Director of Children's Ministry
Courthouse Community UMC
Virginia Beach, VA USA
Full-time Children’s Director—Courthouse Community United Methodist Church (CCUMC) in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is seeking a person to direct an active and mission focused team of children and adult volunteers as well as paid children’s ministry staff to help children birth-5th grade grow deeper in relationship with Christ. This ministry actively supports the vision and goals of CCUMC to “transform the world” and impact the community with the love of Jesus Christ. This is accomplished through innovative and creative programming and ministries. Candidate should have experience in a multi-staff church and be gifted in recruiting and training of children and adult volunteers. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications. For further information, job description and to forward a resume contact Randy McMillen via email.
June 27, 2014
Volunteer Services Manager
Habitat for Humanity of Wake County
Raleigh, North Carolina United States
Habitat for Humanity of Wake County (Raleigh, NC) seeks an enthusiastic and experienced leader to manage our volunteer recruitment, scheduling, and retention functions. We currently engage 10,000 individual volunteers in our work on an annual basis.
Habitat for Humanity of Wake County is a non-profit, Christian housing ministry that partners with families and individuals to secure adequate housing. Volunteers provide a significant amount of our construction work in addition to assisting in various program roles, ReStore and Deconstruction operations and administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, at least 3 years of volunteer management experience in a large scale volunteer operation, be enthusiastic about the mission of Habitat for Humanity and be very detailed and process oriented. The position also has budgetary and supervisory responsibility for one team member.
Habitat Wake is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
HABITAT WAKE IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE.
Interested candidates should provide a brief cover letter and resume to Jane Beaman via email no later than July 23, 2014. No phone or in person inquiries please.
June 26, 2014
Director of Children's Ministry
St. Andrew UMC
HIghlands Ranch, Colorado USA
Supervise and oversee all aspects of the St. Andrew United Methodist Church Children’s Ministries
- Understands and supports the mission and vision of St. Andrew and effectively utilizes the Children’s Ministry to help accomplish those goals.
- Creatively uses the Children’s Ministry to reach out into the surrounding community thus bringing new families into St. Andrew.
- Coordinates and oversees all Christian education functions for children from birth through Grade 5, including Sunday School and Vacation Bible School.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises teachers, teen-aides and substitutes.
- Supports, nurtures, and encourages those involved in Children’s Ministry (the children, their families and the volunteers who serve) through emails, website postings, modeling in the classroom, one-on-one mentoring and phone calls.
- Evaluates and selects curriculum.
- Oversees curriculum training for teachers
- Insure teachers, aides and substitutes are familiar with polices, procedures and Safe Sanctuary.
- Teaches or empowers another to teach Safe Sanctuary classes.
- Coordinates annual events, such as Fourth/Fifth grade ministry events, Third Grade Bible, Advent Festival Pageant, Family Lenten Festival.
- Oversee children’s baptisms and interface with Clergy for preparation and scheduling.
- Supervises screening process for all children’s volunteers and paid staff, maintains proper records.
- Supervises Program Assistant, and Childcare Coordinator.
- Serves as interface with Rainbows International/National organization. Oversees volunteers and site coordinator for the Rainbows program.
- Leads in the preparation and management of the annual budget for Children’s Ministry.
- Promotes Children’s Ministry through any/all available forms of communication.
- Oversees the Children’s Ministry section of the St. Andrew website, keeping it current on all upcoming events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Program Ministries or Clergy.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Deep and growing commitment to Christ.
- Strong, demonstrated experience in children’s Christian education.
- Ability to supervise, recruit, train, and mentor a variety of skilled and unskilled staff, including part-time childcare workers, volunteers and paid staff.
- Willingness to abide by the SAUMC staff covenant.
- Participate in a continuing program of self-enrichment and study.
- Team player, willing to work with and alongside others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong creativity, flexibility and organizational skills.
- Current CPR certification.
- Proven ability to lead but effectively manage and delegate responsibilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS -Ability to lift, hold and carry children and supplies weighing a maximum of 25 pounds.
SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS - Flexible hours, including hours outside normal office hours and weekends.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS - Bachelor’s degree or higher with emphasis on children’s education or early childhood development.
WORKING CONDITIONS - Must be able to work in a dynamic office environment.
June 26, 2014
Youth Ministry Coordinator
Lane Memorial UMC
Altavista, VA United States
General Purpose of Position:
Lane Memorial United Methodist Church is looking for a committed Christian man or woman who has a heart and training in youth ministry. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. We seek someone who understands the youth of today and is willing to incorporate new mean and methods but has a strong desire and commitment never to compromise the message.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Youth Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor, in cooperation with the Pastor Parish Relations Committee, provides an annual evaluation of the Youth Pastor’s performance.
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels and in all ministry areas of the church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
-love youth where they are
-encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
-provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
1. Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
2. Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach
3. Support and guide the work of the Youth Council or equivalent body in an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth ministry and directing monthly planning sessions
4. Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills
5. Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities
6. Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
7. Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries
8. Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit teachers in partnership with the staff and Senior Pastor.
9. Work in partnership with the pastor to help conduct Confirmation Class and provide leadership for confirmands, mentors, and parents beyond the classroom
10. Effectively reach youth in the community and develop a strategic youth ministry outreach plan
11. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
12. Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
13. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
15. Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
2. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church
3. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
4. Must have a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
Rev. Alan Combs
June 26, 2014
Bellevue Presbyterian Church
Bellevue, Washington USA
Bellevue Presbyterian Church seeks a small cohort of full-time pastoral residents who will engage in ministry at BelPres. Residents will participate in the ministry of BelPres while developing a greater understanding of their gifts and gaining tools for their future in pastoral ministry. A pastoral residency is designed to give candidates for ordination a sustained, reflective and challenging encounter with the full range of pastoral roles, duties, and expectations within ministry. BelPres offers a context for both action and reflection, as well as an experience of church leadership that is both realistic and informative. Residents participate as a member of the BelPres staff, and are mentored by a network of people, including the pastoral staff and other ministry professionals. Interested applicants should send an application, resume, completed PIF & a 2-3 minute video introduction to Rev. Colin Robeson, Associate Pastor for the School of Ministry via email. Learn more by visiting the church website.
Rev. Colin Robeson
June 26, 2014
St. Andrew UMC
HIghlands Ranch, Colorado USA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION - SUMMARY
Responsible for developing a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy working with lay volunteers to promote the church on the Website, Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, video production and other digital applications and platforms. Ensures the Website is functioning optimally and is available to users. Communicates with employees and the public to achieve St. Andrew strategic objectives. The person should be supportive of, and sympathetic to, the mission of the congregation.
- With input from Clergy, other staff and lay leaders, develops and executes a robust communications strategy to ensure high-impact digital and print communications.
- Applies understanding of communication issues and a variety of technology solutions to achieve communication goals.
- Creates compelling, persuasive, relevant, current and accurate communications content that will increase the public’s engagement with the congregation in the Denver metro area and beyond.
- Ensures that all print and digital content is in alignment with the St. Andrew and broader UMC brand.
- Leads efforts to integrate various communication activities, budgets and resources effectively to support the core mission of the church.
- Manages the St. Andrew Website and provides interface with IT for performance issues.
- Stays current on the Web’s latest technologies and makes sure the site and its products are mobile-friendly and multi-platform ready.
- Tests and troubleshoots Website functionality.
- Keeps the Church’s social media outlets current and active.
- Ensures that the graphical and textual content of the Website is current, relevant and accurate.
- Partners with IT personnel on Website styling, user experience and branding.
- Builds a team of laity to assist with developing a comprehensive public relations strategy to effectively promote the St. Andrew brand including video production and other digital applications and platforms.
- Implements a comprehensive public relations strategy to strengthen the St. Andrew brand and effectively message its mission and vision.
- Cultivates and maintains local media contacts for disseminating press releases and leveraging public relations opportunities.
- Partners with ministry areas to plan, coordinate and implement marketing and information materials for various programs, ministries and events.
- Creates multi-pronged, integrated marketing and communications awareness campaigns that utilize innovative tools to engage the community most effectively.
Three to five years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in communications, marketing, Web design, social media and audio/video production including researching, developing and executing strategic communication and marketing plans. Experience with developing Home Pages and Landing Pages for social media outlets.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a diverse community environment and to empower volunteers
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Microsoft office suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Adobe Suite
- Understanding of HTML/CSS desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS: Flexibility to work beyond traditional office hours, and on weekends, as well as the professional dedication to be “on call” when necessary.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, liberal arts or related field.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Ability to work in a team environment.
June 17, 2014
Grace Hill Church (ARP)
Hillsborough, NC UISA
Who we are: We are a growing Christian community serving Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, Durham, Efland and Mebane. Our goal is to live out the grace and truth of Jesus Christ with passion, warmth, and thoughtfulness. We are primarily professional and collegiate families and couples who engage our friends and neighbors with the Gospel of Jesus. We have a passion for serving the needs of those around us by building relationships as we tutor, offer food assistance, and adult literacy skills to those in our community.
Grace Hill Church services combine classical Christian elements such as use of historic creeds, confession of sin, and silence, with some new approaches, like periodic discussion after the sermon and prayer for families, groups and individuals during the Lord's Supper. We sing contemporary songs and classic hymns, sometimes reset to new music. We are a Reformed Presbyterian church, with an intentional relaxed and contemporary feel. Our passion is seeing Christ and His Gospel change our lives and bring new life to Orange and Durham Counties.
Who you are: You have strong or growing worship leading skills that come from a heart for worshiping God and a desire to lead God’s people in sincere, reverent, joyful worship. You believe the Gospel is not just how we come to God, but seek to have it continually transform all aspects of your life and the lives of those around you. That is what is essential. Ideally you’d also have a heart for church planting, “gathering” gifts, highly value the local church, a Reformed theological background, and willingness to live near the community you’re serving. If you know some Spanish to assist with a tutoring and mercy programs we do in the community, all the better.
What you’d do:
A. Worship Leading (as appropriate, our current volunteer Worship Leader will help with transitioning as he takes up other roles in the church.)
A. Lead Sunday morning congregational worship with voice and instrument (e.g. guitar, piano, etc.)
B. Prepare music selections, arrangements, worship related scripture readings, and slides as necessary
C. Have a worshipful, welcoming stage presence
D. Be gifted not only in playing music, but leading the congregation in an engaging, worshipful manner
E. Relationally engage and coordinate the volunteer musicians and singers
F. Lead rehearsals
G. Ideally develop other worship leaders as God provides talents and callings within the congregation
B. Produce or assist with the weekly worship bulletin (currently one legal sheet front and back) with input from others.
C. Depending on gifting, contribute to other weekly worship elements.
D. Assist with musical needs for special events (Christmas Eve, etc.)
E. There are many other opportunities for learning and involvement that you could participate in based on your gifts, desires, and sense of call, e.g. preaching or teaching, outreach through relationship building, networking, community engagement, administrative and organizational needs, etc.
F. Commit to one year with us at 15-20 hours a week, more time (both duration and weekly hours) if mutually agreeable. Your salary would be commensurate with your experience.
June 17, 2014
Director of Student Faith Formation
Canterbury United Methodist Church
Birmingham, Alabama United States
Canterbury United Methodist Church located in Birmingham, Alabama, is searching for a full-time Director of Student Faith Formation, a person who will serve more in an “executor” role as part of the student ministry team. This position will build upon and strengthen the spiritual formation of students by establishing relationships with both students and their families. The main responsibilities are:
• Maintain day-to-day management of the spiritual formation of students, in alignment with Canterbury’s mission and values
• Develop relationships with youth and their families to nurture their relationship with Christ, with a focus on high school students and families
• Collaborate, support and troubleshoot with volunteers
• Provide oversight to the programmatic aspects of student ministry
• Infuse a joyful Christian atmosphere into all Canterbury youth programs
• A minimum of five years of experience in leading a youth ministry program, preferably in a larger church or similar organization
• A Bachelor’s degree with a preference toward a field related to youth ministry
• Knowledge of sustainable systems
• A passion for serving youth and their families
• Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey.
• Ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of ministry programs and events
• Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
For more detailed information and to submit a resume, please contact Kristina Zirschky via email.
June 13, 2014
Teaching position in Korea
Kids Play Foreign Language Institute
Younggwang, Junnam South Korea
Teaching English position is available in the southern part of South Korea.
1. College degree
2. Loving heart
3. Mission mind
4. Sincere and godly character
5. No criminal or child abuse record
1. Stipend negotiable
2. Housing provided
3. Air Fare
If you are interested in, please, e-mail via email.
June 11, 2014
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry, Education
St. Matthew's Episcopal Church
Hillsborough, North Carolina USA
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church in Hillsborough, NC seeks a nursery attendant to provide a nurturing and caring environment for children in the nursery from infants to five years old. This person must be reliable, cheerful, prompt, have basic child CPR and first aid certification, and experience working in multi-child situations. The nursery attendant must be available to provide consistent coverage every Sunday from approximately 7:55am-11:45am (or until the last child is picked up), and when conflicts do arise, he or she must arrange for coverage. Compensation is $100 per Sunday.
To apply, please email your resume to Alissa Case, Director of Christian Formation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.