October 23, 2015
Global Mission US2 Program
Global Mission Fellows
The Global Mission Fellows US2 program is a 2 year mission service program facilitated through the General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church. Global Mission Fellow US2's do not need to be United Methodist or discerning a call to ordained ministry to apply. The Global Mission Fellows - Global Ministries of UMC office is hosting a series of informational webinars this fall about Global Mission Fellow US2 and International programs. If you have a student discerning their call to a ministry of justice and service I would strongly encourage you to consider sharing this information!
October 21, 2015
Staff In Training
Colorado Springs, CO USA
The Northeast Collegiate Navigators seeks qualified candidates to join our regional staff team to reach students for Christ on secular campuses in New York and New England.
Long term openings at:
New York University
University of Maine—Orono
University of Massachusetts— Amherst
University of Southern Maine
University of Vermont
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Full-time, part-time, and bi-vocational positions are available commensurate with experience and willingness to raise financial support.
The Navigators (www.navigators.org) is an international, interdenominational missions organization. The Navigators is dedicated to training and walking with believers in Christ who will in turn do the same with others through authentic, purposeful relationships.
The Northeast hosts over 500 colleges and universities campuses. Of the 1.8 million college students, it is estimated that less than 4% are committed followers of Jesus Christ. Countless opportunities abound for evangelism, discipleship and missions. The Northeast Navigators serve on 20 campuses and seek to expand their ministry reach. Leadership, training and team-based structure provided.
An ideal applicant would have at least three years of work experience or graduate studies (post bachelors degree) and a demonstrated track record of significant achievement and leadership within their professional and/or academic career.
He or she would have a strong Biblical background, a proven commitment to evangelism and discipleship, and the ability to adapt to the culture of a college campus. In terms of work style, the candidate would need to be a self-starter, with the motivation to own tasks and work independently, but also the ability to collaborate effectively with others.
Strong personal motivation to invest in the vision and mission of The Navigators is highly valued, so candidates must be mature and growing Christians, with an understanding of campus ministry, a passion for connecting students with the person of Christ, and a grasp of the strategic role of the university in our culture.
Professional profiles of top candidates might include experienced youth or campus ministers; associate pastors, educators, engineers, business or non-profit leaders or strategy consultants.
Prior to long-term appointment with a campus ministry, candidates are required to complete at least two years of residential ministry training with a senior staff trainer. Current training locations include Boston University, New York University, University of Southern Maine, UMASS—Amherst, University of Vermont, and Yale University.
To apply for a position please submit a ministry resume and letter of inquiry to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Navigators began in 1933 with a simple aim to help others to know and follow Jesus Christ. More than 4,600 staff members of 70 nationalities serve in over 100 countries, over 170 languages, and among 220 peoples.
Navigators are equipped to disciple students, military personnel, businessmen and women, church leaders, inner-city families, and new believers from all walks of life to follow Christ as they navigate through life.
The International Calling of the Navigators:
To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His Kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
The Core Values of the Navigators:
1. The passion to know, love, and become like Jesus Christ.
2. The truth and sufficiency of the Scriptures for the whole of life.
3. The transforming power of the Gospel.
4. The leading and empowering of the Holy Spirit.
5. Expectant faith and persevering prayer rooted in the promises of God.
6. The dignity and value of every person.
7. Love and grace expressed among us in Community.
8. Families and relational networks in discipling the nations.
9. Interdependent relationships in the Body of Christ in advancing the Gospel.
October 21, 2015
Director of Youth Ministries
Jacksonville, North Carolina USA
Located near the largest Marine base, Camp Lejeune, Trinity United Methodist Church of Jacksonville, North Carolina, is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. This worshipping congregation of 300 is like joining a warm, caring family who takes care of each other as well as the military and local families in their community. Trinity is mission minded and has an effective outreach to all of Jacksonville and Onslow County. The Trinity youth program is blessed to have longtime volunteers, high value on missions and service, and youth with spiritual depth who are close to each other. The Director of Youth Ministries will be handling the daily operation of the ministry and Sunday school for youth in a way to implement effective ministry.
The primary responsibilities include following:
• Building relationships with students, families, and volunteers
• Recruiting and equipping volunteers
• Develop programs and systems for sustainable youth ministry
The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree, three or more years of experience, be strong in relationship building, communication, and ministering to youth, parents, and volunteers, and have beliefs aligned with the United Methodist Church. Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and a resume to Teresa Sippel at email@example.com.
October 21, 2015
Pleasant Hill Student Ministries Director
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church
Houston, TX USA
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church is located in the 5th Ward Community of Houston, Texas. The vision of Pleasant Hill is to continually strive at “Being a Full Service Church for Persons at Every Station in Life.” Pleasant Hill has four ministry focus areas: Spiritual Health and Development, Physical Health and Development, Financial Management & Development and Social Awareness and Development.
Pleasant Hill Student Ministries’ seeks to “Form Christian College Bound Leaders.” Alpha and Omega Children’s Ministry (AΩ) and Pleasant Hill Leadership Institute (PHLI) are two components within the student ministries. Both ministries seek to unearth and enrich students’ spiritual, emotional, physical, and intellectual gifts by incorporating cutting edge educational paradigms into a transformative children and youth ministry model. The student ministries serve approximately 45 students a week within the Pleasant Hill church family and the local community.
The director will provide vision, leadership, organization, and support for ministries of the church involving children, youth, and their families. The Director will strengthen the children and youth ministry to foster spiritual growth of each student and to embrace them as cherished members of our faith and church community. The Director will implement the mission, goals, and objectives of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church by developing the four ministry focus areas in the daily program activities. Critical to the role of the Director is working with families to promote a holistic understanding of discipleship within the household.
Year Around: Children’s Church and Youth Church
Sundays 10:00 am & Wednesdays 6:00 – 8:00 pm
After School: Distinguished Leaders (Ten Week Session in the Fall & Spring)
Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:00 – 7:30 pm
Summer: Summer Day-Camp (Eight Week Session)
Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
• A commitment to holistically invest in the lives of children and teens in order to form disciples and transform the lives of each student
• Strong commitment to the Christian faith
• Willing to become an active member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, preferred preference for advanced degree
• Extensive experience in an inner-city ministry and/or educational environment preferred
• The ability to recruit, administrate, lead, manage and delegate to a team of volunteers and interns in order to accomplish difficult goals and objective
• The imagination, creativity, initiative, patience and tenacity necessary to flourish in an inner-city environment
• The entrepreneurial spirit and networking skills to raise funds, and form partnerships to strengthen and underwrite the Pleasant Hill Student Ministries
October 15, 2015
St. Paul UMC
Durham, NC China
St. Paul UMC in Durham is looking for part-time organist/accompanist needed for Wednesday night choir rehearsal (7:30 PM - 8:45 PM) and Sunday church service (11:00 AM - Noon).
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
October 15, 2015
Minister of Family Ministries
Haymount United Methodist Church
Fayetteville, NC USA
Haymount UMC in Fayetteville, NC is seeking a Minister of Family Ministries. The primary focus will be on ministry with youth (grades 6-12), but also involve children (K-5). Consistent with the mission of HUMC, the candidate should possess the ability to build on existing programs while expanding the emphasis on discipleship, developing a program of continuity between the two areas of ministry. The candidate should possess strong relational skills, being a pastor to the children and youth and their families. He/she should also possess the ability to work well with other team members. The youth and children's ministry at HUMC is also comprised of a Program Coordinator and Choir Director, which will require that the candidate work with them as a team.
This is a full time position with benefits and salary is commensurate with experience. Experience with youth/children's ministry is preferred but not required to apply. All applicants must submit to a background check.
For a full job description, please email Scott Foster at email@example.com. When applying please submit resume and two letters of recommendation.
October 15, 2015
Church, Ministry, Education
Minister of Spiritual Formation
Union United Methodist Church
Irmo, SC USA
To lead a Christ-centered ministry focused on encouraging individuals of all ages into a life of intentional spiritual growth. This person will give leadership to discipleship of children, adults, and families, while also giving supervision to youth ministry. The responsibilities of the position are to recruit, train, resource, support, evaluate and appreciate all volunteers and paid staff, with an emphasis on shaping and forming disciples of Jesus Christ. Minimum requirements: Ordination as a deacon in the United Methodist Church (commissioned deacons will be considered) and experience in the area of spiritual formation for all age levels, with a particular emphasis on children.
October 15, 2015
Liturgy Explorers Leader
Church of the Holy Family
Chapel Hill, NC United States
Liturgy Explorers Leader
Church of the Holy Family (Episcopal), Chapel Hill
Holy Family is opening a service-time classroom for four and five year olds that focuses on learning elements of the liturgy. Our Liturgy Explorers room provides a consistent, nurturing, playful, and loving environment for our youngest members as they work with various elements of the liturgy. Our objective is two-fold: to help prepare children to participate in and enjoy the liturgy in developmentally appropriate ways and to equip parents and other members of the congregation to guide children in their participation. We conduct background checks before hire.
Holy Family Liturgy Explorers Leaders will:
• Love liturgy and the opportunity to try something experimental and creative;
• Play and pray with children, as they learn about and respond to elements of the weekly liturgy (Lord’s Prayer, Nicene Creed, Gloria, etc.);
• Work with the Director of Christian Education (DCE) to create materials, plan activities, and observe progress;
• Work with the DCE to create and modify curriculum for next year;
• Provide a welcoming, clean, and safe environment;
• Learn the names of Holy Family parents and children who participate;
• Complete Safe-Church Training within 6 months of hire;
• Report to the Director of Christian Education.
Ideal would be immediate start with classes for 4-5 year olds beginning the first Sunday of Advent.
Class meets during the Rite II liturgy at 10am on Sunday mornings.
Approximately 3 hours a week (one hour in class and two planning hours).
Pay starts at $11.00/hr. Negotiable depending on experience/education.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact the Director of Christian Education, Angela Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up a meeting.
October 15, 2015
Director of Children's Ministry
Arlington, Texas United States
First United Methodist Church of Arlington, Texas (http://www.arlingtonmethodist.org/), a church of 3900 members in the heart of downtown Arlington, is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry. FUMC Arlington is a welcoming community growing in grace together through worship and study, while sharing God’s love by serving those in need. Multiple generations worship together as a vibrant congregation with a rich history of service and leadership in Arlington.
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministries at First United Methodist Church of Arlington.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Developing and implementing the vision for Children’s Ministries in collaboration with Nursery/PreK Ministries Assistant, Director of Children’s Music, and Children’s Council
• Leading, staffing and resourcing the spiritual formation programs designed for children: Sunday school, VBS, acolytes, confirmation, summer camps, special worship services, tween ministry, etc.
• Recruiting, training and supporting volunteers in children’s ministries
• Creative integration of children’s ministries into La Jornada (on campus Hispanic Ministries)
• Managing children’s ministries budget and offering financial oversight
• Hosting community-wide events reaching into the surrounding community in meaningful ways by supporting families
• Equipping parents to partner in the spiritual development of their children and coordinating family programming.
The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree with a preference for studies in education, child development and ministry. Applicants should have a minimum of three years’ experience in children’s ministry and United Methodist theology is preferred.
Please submit resumes and queries to Kristina Zirschky, email@example.com
October 15, 2015
Director of Youth Ministry
Grace Community United Methodist Church
Shreveport, LA United States
Grace Community United Methodist Church (http://gracehappens.org/) in Shreveport, LA, is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministry. Grace Community, an exciting and growing 1900 member congregation with a rich history of excellent youth formation and mission, is committed to helping people find restoration and becoming engaged in the healing of their city and beyond. The Director of Youth Ministry will help build and sustain an environment that shapes theological imagination, forms leaders for the church and the world, is missionally engaged in the community, and grows out of our inter-generational community through worship, formation and mission. Some of the responsibilities include:
• Plan and organize weekly, monthly and yearly opportunities for young people to grow through formation, relationship building, and service
• Develop, nurture, and deploy teams of servants who build relationships and provide continuity for the youth ministry
• Network with local, regional, and international partners to provide missional experiences
• Lead youth and their families in worship, formation, and service ministry
• Provide a ministry of presence on behalf of Grace Community in the lives of young people
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience in youth ministry as well as a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Religion/Theology, or a related field. A United Methodist Certification in Youth Ministry or Christian Education is preferred. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kristina Zirschky at firstname.lastname@example.org