May 07, 2015
University Baptist Church
Baltimore, MD US
The Senior Pastor provides spiritual, pastoral, outreach, administrative, and servant leadership to the congregation of University Baptist Church so the congregation might fulfill its mission as a light of Christ in the City of Baltimore. The Senior Pastor relates to and connects with multiple generations and a diverse congregation within an urban environment. In addition, the pastor represents the congregation in denominational or community organizations and activities to learn new ways that the church can support and engage with the surrounding area. Recognizing the importance of spiritual health and one’s personal relationship with God, the Senior Pastor takes time for regular prayer, Bible study, rest, and recreation. Lastly, the Senior Pastor extends God’s grace to others and leads by example as one who is relational, authentic, transparent, and humble.
Applications (Resume and Cover Letter) must be submitted both via email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND via mail to University Baptist Church 3501 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218
May 07, 2015
Director of Children's Ministries
Porterfield Memorial United Methodist Church
Albany, Georgia USA
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES for Porterfield Memorial United Methodist Church, a 2800 member congregation in the South Georgia Annual Conference (Albany, Georgia)
The children’s director is responsible for planning and implementing all programming for children ages two years through 5th grade. The various programs and job responsibilities are listed below. This is a full-time position.
• Responsible for the planning, recruiting and implementation of Children’s Sunday School.
• Enforcing the Safe Sanctuaries policy in all areas of children’s ministry
• Recruit, plan and implement all Children’s After School Programs—Including F.F.G.O. (For Fifth Grade Only) and Wonderful Wednesday.
• Communicate with parents and volunteers on a regular basis with updates on these programs and any activities.
• Recruit, plan and implement activities for children during the Wednesday Night Fellowship Supper program.
• Plan overnight trips for children’s ministry, as well as, recruit and train volunteers to help with the trips. Oversee the trips from beginning to end.
• The Children’s Director is the staff liaison to the Porterfield Day School. Those responsibilities include attending Board meetings and working with the PDS Director on any issues going on at the Day School.
• Also, the Director is a support for the Nursery Directors and will assist with planning/help, if needed, for the Wednesday Day Away program, Oceans of Fun and/or the nursery staff.
• Other responsibilities include 3rd grade Bible presentations, Palm Sunday processional, Easter Egg Hunt, and Vacation Bible School.
Deadline to submit resume and cover letter: Monday, June 15, 2015
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com with “Porterfield Director of Children’s Ministries” in the subject line.
May 01, 2015
Durham, NC USA
Worship Leader needed for Sunday evening service. Epiphany Church is a new faith community of the United Methodist Church that gathers at Doyle's Vineyard in South Durham. The vision for Epiphany is to gather people into communion with Jesus Christ by creating a home for spiritual discovery along the borders of of our world. Epiphany helps people see the God that is in them and with them already by dusting off the rich traditions of the church including liturgy, symbols, rituals, and music to present them as a way to see God in the world.
Preferred Qualifications: Education and/or experience in leading worship. Ability to think theologically about worship music. Ability to gather and lead a team of musicians. Organization and promptness highly valued.
Primary Role: Help craft and lead worship weekly in partnership with pastoral staff.
1. Select music for worship – pre-worship gathering music, offering music, special music (e.g. Communion, Reflection), congregational hymns/songs, post-worship music.
2. Choose songs with an emphasis on theme each Sunday, in collaboration with the preacher.
3. Recruit and equip volunteer musicians for the music team.
4. Lead weekly rehearsals with music team.
5. Set-up for 5 pm worship on Sundays.
6. Responsible for every Sunday and coordinating substitute coverage. Epiphany will provide pay for four Sundays of annual leave and provide stipend for substitute leader.
7. Willingness to embrace future possibilities of growing the worship team and worship opportunities at Epiphany.
May 01, 2015
First Baptist Church
Whiteville, North Carolina USA
First Baptist Church of Whiteville, NC is prayerfully seeking an interim pastor. Optimally, this person will lead meaningful Sunday worship and Wednesday night services and fulfil other defined pastoral duties on a part to full-time basis. First Baptist is a mission-minded, traditional congregation led by servant leadership with affiliation to CBF. Candidates should be committed to Christ, have spiritual depth, strong communication skills, and a seminary degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school.
May 01, 2015
Pastor/Head of Staff
First Presbyterian Church
Middletown, OHIO USA
PASTOR/HEAD OF STAFF. First Presbyterian Church in Middletown, Ohio is an established growing church actively seeking more ways to live our mission statement: “Share the Good News, Nurture the Spirit, Serve Members and Neighbors.” This requires creative, inspiring and collaborative leadership that will guide elders, deacons and other lay leadership to coordinate and equip our congregation of 530 members to provide pastoral care and spiritual development. Assisted by two pastoral residents plus support staff, the experienced pastor will display energetic leadership of the congregation as it strengthens its historical mission. It is important that the Sunday worship be skillfully coordinated, so that it is enlightening and fulfilling both intellectually and spiritually. The pastor will need to lead the congregation, as it finds new ways to serve those in need in our community.
View MIF #06482.ADO. Submit PIF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 29, 2015
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry, Other
Church Planting Residency
Harrisonburg, VA USA
Church Planting Resident:
At RISE, we are resolved to mend God's creation together. This is our mission, our vision, and our mantra. To do this, we need everyone. And at RISE everyone means everyone. This summer, we are excited to partner with Path I and the Virginia Annual Conference to offer a Church Planting Residency! We are looking for someone who is excited to mend creation through building relationships, developing ministries, leading others, and ultimately spreading unconditional love to all of Christ's children.
We seek a Church Planting Resident who will serve as a Green-Thumb for God. It's all about the plant! What does this mean? You will engage, you will lead, and you will definitely get your hands dirty through mission and ministry in the community.
The RISE Church Planting Resident position is not an internship. Rather, we ask for a minimum commitment of one-year, where you are fully invested in the ministry of RISE. The Resident will share significant leadership responsibilities with the Pastor and members of the leadership team. Additionally, you will receive weekly coaching from the Lead Pastor.
Want to know more? Check out the Church Planting Resident job description here:
Church Planting Resident Application Instructions:
• Applications should be sent directly to email@example.com
• Application must include:
1. A letter of interest including a short statement of personal faith;
2. Vision for church planting;
4. A list of three references
• Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a resident is hired.
• Interviews will begin late April into early June
April 29, 2015
Raleigh Episcopal Campus Ministry
Raleigh, North Carolina USA
Chaplain’s Assistant Job Description
Raleigh Episcopal Campus Ministry in the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina reaches out to students at NC State University, Shaw University, Meredith College, Peace College, and Wake Technical Community College with the three-fold aim of fostering worship, community, and justice. . This person is a young adult, with a Bachelor’s degree, age range 23-30.
Job Title: Chaplain’s Assistant
Job Purpose: Support the Raleigh ECM Chaplain in building a worshipping community of hospitality among students members of Raleigh ECM.
• Provides an Episcopal presence on the Raleigh college campuses, evangelizing and building relationships with individual student members, social justice organizations, interfaith groups, meeting regularly on and off campus for relational meetings.
• Fosters a sense of community among the whole by being present at community events and working to facilitate conversation, welcome newcomers, and attend to student members.
• Offers liturgical support to the Chaplain at Sunday services, serving as sacristan, lay reader, Eucharistic minister, and preacher (in concert with Chaplain).
• Plans, coordinates, and facilitates Bible study, small-group formation, and large-group discussion in concert with Chaplain.
• Actively participates on Leadership Team and mentors, organizes, and provides leadership to student leaders in concert with Chaplain.
• Discerns, organizes, and facilitates social justice events for ECM.
• Administers Raleigh ECM communication media (including website, iContact e-mail list, Facebook page, etc.).
• Attends and assists with Fall and Spring Break community trips.
• Gathers information, evangelizes with the Chaplain on starting a young adult worship service.
• Maintains a presence at the Cheshire House (2208 Hope St., Raleigh)
• Hours are 30 per week and negotiable.
Outgoing, energetic, people person, who will exemplify a role model of young adult Christian for the students, experience with relational ministry, commitment to social justice, comfortable with and committed to Episcopal polity and doctrine.
April 29, 2015
Church, Ministry, Education
Director of Children's & Family Ministries
Bethany United Methodist Church
Ellicott City, Maryland United States
Bethany United Methodist Church
Children’s and Family Ministry Director
Bethany UMC is seeking a full time Children’s and Family Ministry Director.
Bethany UMC is a suburban church with an attendance of 470 located west of historic Ellicott City, MD. We currently have a solid children’s ministry that includes Sunday School, Children’s Church, VBS, and occasional events for children and families. We intend to expand our children’s ministry in several areas to reach more children and families for Jesus Christ
Attributes of Candidate we seek:
We are looking for a passionate follower of Christ with a solid biblical background who is committed to the Kingdom of God and reaching children and their families for Christ. The successful candidate will be a proven leader who has gifts that support communication with adult leaders, building relationships, developing teams, delegating, setting priorities, and entrepreneurial thinking. Additionally, strong program management, people and event coordination, as well as strong administrative skills are necessary. The candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree.
A vibrant Children and Family Ministry that strongly impacts the people of Bethany and surrounding communities. Intentionality around building faith foundations, community, missional opportunities and bridges to the surrounding community.
Scope of Ministry Responsibilities:
• To lead a children’s ministry team to oversee programs for each Sunday of the year including Nursery, Pre-school, K-5 Sunday School, Children’s Church, and participation in adult worship; and seasonal programs like VBS.
• To develop a ministry that forges strong relationships with families and coaches them to raise their children with a strong Christian Faith
• To develop a Missions ministry that creates opportunities for parents and children to reach out to the community in service.
• To develop bridge ministries into the community that touch hearts in ways that leads new attendees to Bethany.
Interested candidates can send resumes to Rev. Andrew Cooney, Senior Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rev. Dr. Andrew Cooney
April 29, 2015
Creedmoor, NC USA
Creedmoor United Methodist Church in Creedmoor, NC is seeking a part time youth director willing to invest in youth ministry. We are looking for a youth leader that works well with youth, parents, and volunteers to create a welcoming environment where youth can grow in their relationship with God, each other and in service to their neighbors. CUMC is a growing church with two worship services (9:30AM & 11AM) The youth group meets on Sunday evenings at separate times; middle school age & high school age with a shared supper in between.
- love youth where they are
- encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
- provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
- challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
- A passion for serving youth and their families
- Ability to plan, and measure the results of the ministry programs and events.
- Effectively communicate information to youth and parents through a variety of communication media and methods.
Prefer one year experience working in a youth ministry program.
For more information and to submit a resume, please contact Wendy Gaudette at email@example.com
April 29, 2015
Director of Children's Ministry
Canterbury United Methodist Church
Birmingham, AL USA
Canterbury United Methodist Church (www.canterburyumc.org) in Birmingham, Alabama, is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries to join their children’s ministry team. The position will provide innovative, executive leadership over the development and implementation of all aspects of children’s ministry programming, serving children from birth through sixth grade, as well as their families. The main responsibilities are:
• Provide Leadership: The DCM will oversee all children's ministry programming, and supervise the children's ministry staff
• Equip families, leaders, and volunteers: The DCM will recruit, equip, and build teams of children's ministry leaders and volunteers
• Develop relationships: (1) Establish and oversee programming that encourages each child to choose to become a true disciple of Christ, (2) provide opportunities for children to develop relationships with other children, and children's ministry leaders and staff
• A minimum of three years of experience in leading a children’s ministry program, preferably in a larger church or similar organization
• A Bachelor’s degree with a preference toward a graduate degree in a field related to children’s ministry
• A passion for serving children and their families
• Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey
• Ability to lead a professional team with positive spirit that supports the mission and core values of Canterbury UMC
• Ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of ministry programs and events
• Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
For more detailed information and to submit a resume, please contact Kristina Zirschky at firstname.lastname@example.org