October 30, 2014
Associate Pastor for Worship, Christian Growth, & Assimilation
Christ Community Church
Lockport, NY USA
Christ Community Church in Lockport, NY is excited about hiring a pastor with a heart to help us grow in our ability to reflect the diversity of worship we will experience in eternity as we transform lives in our community with the hope of Christ and commit ourselves to:
1. Share Christ in Our Spheres of Influence
2. Welcome All as We Become One with Christ
3. Mentor Disciples Who Embody Christ
4. Strengthen Community Partnerships that Offer Hope
We are looking for someone who is willing to be a team player and share pastoral responsibilities. We would like a pastor that has a heart for leading worship, a desire to see new Christians and guests extravagantly welcomed and assimilated into the overall life of the church, and a yearning to see everyone grow in Christ through mentoring and growth groups. We will offer ample opportunity for our new pastor to grow in his preaching skills. Ideally he will focus on Worship, Assimilation, and Christian growth so our current pastor can focus on Vision, Outreach, Community Partnerships, and Leadership Development. We would like this pastor to compliment our current pastor’s gifts and abilities.
Below is what we are looking for in a candidate:
-Ability to lead worship.
-Instrumental and vocal ability desired.
-Desire to develop, oversee, and coordinate different/culturally diverse worship teams and experiences.
-Apt at recruiting musicians, vocalists, and worship leaders.
-Oversee AV and tech team.
-Oversee our growth group ministry.
-Train & encourage growth group leaders.
-Ensure growth group offerings align with our discipleship plan to create disciples who embody Christ.
-Ensure congregation is equipped to extend an extravagant welcome to all.
-Oversee/improve systems that move first-time guests to become members committed to advancing our God giving vision.
GOD’S MAN FOR CCC
More important to us than staffing to a particular position is to find the right person, the person God has for us. The 4 c’s below are non-negotiable. However the areas of responsibilities listed above may be adjusted to fit the gifting of the “right” person.
Here are the 4 C’s we are looking for in this candidate:
1. Committed to Diversity
4. Competence in ministry
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
-Embrace the vision for diverse worship that John reveals in Revelation 7:9-10,
-Embody the multi-cultural vision for unity Jesus prays for in John 17, Peter envisions in Acts 10—11, is reflected in the Church of Antioch in Acts 11, and for which Paul pleads for in the book of Ephesians (see esp. 2:11-2, 19-22).
-A man who loves God with all his whole heart, mind and soul and is enthusiastic about ministry and sharing Christ…
-Anointed and appointed by God to pastor.
-God-controlled, Holy Spirit-led, and Word-driven.
-Absolutely, unshakably committed to racial reconciliation and diversity.
-Tells the truth boldly and lovingly.
-Biblically solid without being religiously rigid.
-Authentic, humble and devoted.
-Connects with Pastor Dave, leadership, congregation, community of Lockport and the vision/pathways for CCC in a passionate and heartfelt way.
-Comfortable with the way God made you for ministry and the way this aligns with the vision of CCC.
-Confident, but not arrogant.
-Respected in the community and the church you are currently involved with.
-Personable, approachable, friendly and loving.
-Empathetic, encouraging, compassionate, and emotionally available.
-Has an ever growing understanding of God and His Word.
-Has progressed in ministry experience and responsibilities.
-Able to connect your ministry to the vision God has given CCC.
-A balanced leader who avoids both under and micro-management.
-Can coach, disciple, encourage, listen and mentor.
-Can preach—you don’t have to be the best just growing in your ability to connect the Bible to everyday life.
-Growing in ability to communicate cross-culturally and cross-generationally.
-A detail person who is able to implement strategies and finish tasks.
WHO WE ARE
We are a medium size church (approx. 200 people) located in the urban core
of Lockport, NY.
Our church has been around for close to 200 years, yet we are not stuck in tradition. Over the course of the past three years we have undergone a re-visioning process that has enabled God to transform our church and make us new in many ways. Here is a short list of the many new things God is doing in and through us:
1. A New Denominational Affiliation: A little over two years ago our congregation voted to affiliate with Converge Worldwide (formerly the Baptist General Conference). This network of churches shares our heartbeat for ministry. If you want more information on converge their website is www.convergeworldwide.org.
2. A New Name: We changed our name from First Baptist Church to Christ Community Church to eliminate any stumbling block that would keep the unchurched from attending and hearing about the hope of Christ that transforms lives.
3. A New Vision for Ministry: Over the course of the past 3 years we have interviewed community and civic leaders asking how our church can help the city of Lockport. Through those interviews we noticed a theme: Nearly everyone expressed a concern about the sense of hopelessness that seems to be pervasive in the city—especially in our neighborhood. God impressed on our hearts that CCC must be about Transforming Lives with The Hope of Christ. This is not just a tagline. This vision will guide everything we do as a congregation!
4 New Pathways to Accomplish Our Vision:
1. Sharing Christ in Our Spheres of Influence
--Last year we saw many new believers as we baptized 33 people who are having their lives transformed by Christ!
--God is blessing us with many new guests.
2. Welcoming All as We Become One in Christ
--We are growing in our social and racial diversity.
--We are embarking on a path to diversify our worship experiences on Sunday mornings.
--We can’t wait to find a new associate pastor to help us continue to grow in this area!
3. Mentoring Disciples Who Embody Christ
--In the next few months we want to begin a program to mentor our new believers and help them adjust to church life.
--In the next 2 years we believe God is calling us to begin a bridges out of poverty mentoring program.
4. Strengthening Community Partnerships that Offer Hope
In the past 3 years we have significantly strengthened our partnerships wutg the following:
1. BOCES—Through our partnership with this government funded educational institution our church has become home to:
--The Lockport Literacy Zone
--The Task Program (provides opportunities for individuals to receive high school diplomas)
--ESL Program (English as a Second Language)
--Job Readiness Program (Helps individuals learn skills needed to enter workforce)
--Computer Skills Training
2. Independent Living of Niagara County—Through our partnership with this agency we help individuals with disabilities navigate social services and develop skills to live on their own.
3. Lockport Cares Homeless Shelter — Many folks in our congregation volunteer for this Christian run ministry located a few doors down from our church. We have seen several individuals from the shelter attend our church and receive Christ.
We are currently working to strengthen our partnerships with the following:
1. Kahler House —A transitional house for men who have battled drug addiction, a few doors down from our church.
2. CareNet — This crisis pregnancy counseling ministry has approached us about providing a place for them to offer their services to girls in our neighborhood 1 night a week.
3. RISE Ministries — This organization meets in our church and helps former inmates Re-enter Into Society Effectively through Christian mentoring and helping them obtain the skills and resources needed to thrive.
If you want to get in on the ground floor of God doing a new work and see where it leads, maybe we are the church for you.
If you believe this is something you can sink your spiritual teeth into then please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include video links and/or DVD's of a couple recent sermons and worship services that you have led or participated in. DVD's can be sent to:
Christ Community Church
Attn. Pastor Dave
140 Genesee Street
Lockport, NY 14094
October 30, 2014
Youth Minister/Associate Pastor
New Hope Friends Church
Goldsboro, NC USA
New Hope Friends Church (NCYM-FUM), Goldsboro, NC is seeking a full time Youth Minister/Asociate Pastor to coordinate and lead youth ministry and work closely with the senior pastor. At least 2 years experience as a youth minister/associate pastor and/or graduation from an accredited college or university with seminary courses is preferred. Job description may be viewed on church website.
Mary Anna McCullen
October 29, 2014
Director of Children's Ministries
Ortega United Methodist Church
Jacksonville, Florida USA
Ortega United Methodist Church - a healthy, growing, spiritually-vibrant, 103-year-old congregation, in Jacksonville, Florida - is seeking the right person to lead our Children's Ministry. This person must love children deeply, love Jesus passionately, and have a clear vision for how to create a dynamic children's ministry, and how to build a team of committed volunteers. We have big hopes and dreams for our Church's ministry to children, and are seeking someone who can exceed our expectations! This is a full-time position, with benefits. If interested, please send cover letter, resume and references via email.
October 28, 2014
Church, Ministry, Education
Mount Vernon United Methodist Church
Trinity, NC USA
Approximately 10 hours/week planning, coordinating, and leading activities for senior high youth (9-12)
Pre-school through middle school Christian Education. Evaluate, recommend and help facilitate a comprehensive education program that will include regular Christian education as well as extra-curricular activities. Approximately 10 hours/week.
If you are interested in further discussing the opportunities available with our youth program at Mt. Vernon please correspond via email.
Brian Van Kirk
October 26, 2014
Clemmons Presbyterian Church
Clemmons, North Carolina United States
Temporary/Part-time Youth Director to work with Middle School and High School Youth Program.
Clemmons Presbyterian Church, 3930 Clemmons Road, Clemmons, NC 27012
Job Summary: Youth Director (Part Time), Temporary
Clemmons Presbyterian is a mid-sized (550 member) congregation of Salem Presbytery in the PC(USA). Information about the congregation can be gained at church website.
Time Frame for Employment: 3-6 months with possible extension.
Demonstrated beliefs and practices within the Christian faith, preferably Protestant with distinct
preference for PC(USA) candidates.
Demonstrated experience, success and enjoyment of working with youth.
Successful experience working with middle and high school youth.
Demonstrated success and ability to facilitate, plan and share in leadership with volunteers for weekly youth group meetings, youth events and trips.
Demonstrated success in acting as a resource to Youth Committee and Youth Advisors Team.
Ability to attend Sunday afternoon youth group meetings, monthly Youth Committee meetings, usually in the evenings and Youth Advisor team meetings, usually Sunday afternoons.
Ability and interest to attend CPC worship on a regular basis to develop relationships and connections with CPC’s youth and families
Demonstrated success and ability to work collegially with church staff, sharing information and collaborative planning and pastoral concerns as well as respond to supervision.
Demonstrated excellence with daily prioritization and organizational skills.
Ordination is not required nor should it bar an applicant.
Members of Clemmons Presbyterian shall not be considered.
Salary commensurate with experience and training.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Time commitment: 15 – 22 hours per week on average.
Candidates will allow permission for criminal background checks.
If interested, please submit resume to CPCyouth01@gmail.com
Clemmons Presbyterian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Art Blackwood (Youth Elder)
October 16, 2014
Minister of Young Adults and Families with Children and Youth
First United Methodist Church
Greensboro, Georgia USA
In an effort to live out our church mission of “making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world”, our church family is seeking the ideal candidate for this newly created position.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Pastor, develops, implements, and manages programs and activities that will build and grow a dynamic ministry to families with children and youth.
Key Job Duties:
- Provide spiritual leadership for all aspects of the ministry to families with children and youth through programs, activities, outreach, missions, mentoring and counseling. Emphasis will be given to integrating children and youth in worship and church activities and into the full life of the church, helping them grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Manage and coordinate the families with children and youth ministry calendar, budget, equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Build, create, and nurture positive relationships with children and youth in the community, including “inactives” within the congregation, by interacting in their school setting; sporting, art, and club activities; and community events.
- Build supportive and mutually respectful relationships by spending quality time with families with children and youth. Also build strong relationships with the adult membership of the church and strive to engage them in the ministry to families with children and youth.
- Establish effective and regular communication with families with children and youth. Also, provide regular updates to the church membership on families with children and youth programs and activities.
- Develop and manage a network of volunteers who help achieve the objectives of the ministry. This responsibility includes the recruitment, training, scheduling, and direction of the volunteers. Emphasis will be given to broadening the base of volunteers beyond just the parents of the children and youth being served.
- Provide overall direction of the Sunday School program for children and youth. Includes recruitment, training, and direction of the Sunday School teachers and collaborative selection of the “curriculum” used.
- Provide overall management of the nursery including recruitment, training, and oversight of staff.
- Work with appropriate church committees and lay leaders to develop and administer the annual Vacation Bible School program.
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of children and youth programs comply with the Church’s Safe Sanctuary program. This includes organizing and ensuring that Safe Sanctuary training is provided to all church staff and volunteers involved in children and youth activities and programs.
- Working with the ministerial staff and lay leaders assists with the planning and coordination of Confirmation Class activities.
- Work with other members of the church staff in a collaborative, respectful, and supportive manner to achieve overall church goals and objectives.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities in children, youth, and family ministries.
- Regularly attend Sunday morning worship services and assist the ministerial staff with worship as needed and requested.
- Professional minister (ordination not a requirement but welcomed) with a vision, passion, and calling for ministry to families with children and youth.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing creative and dynamic children and youth programs and ministries.
- Self motivated leader with perseverance and strong results orientation.
- Creative thinker and problem solver. Capable of creating and executing a long term vision for the ministry to families with children and youth.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to and gain the confidence of families with children and youth.
- Well schooled and comfortable with the use of social media to communicate and connect with families with children and youth.
- Skilled in the use of computer office software applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- United Methodist or Wesleyan background desirable
- BS degree with certification in children and youth ministries desirable
Salary and benefits commiserate with experience, background and education.
*Submit resumes to Ken Bonifay at email@example.com AND Pamela Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 15, 2014
Director of Spiritual Formation and Youth Ministry
Pleasant Green UMC
Durham, NC USA
Pleasant Green UMC (3005 Pleasant Green Road, Durham, NC) is searching for a Director of Spiritual Formation and Youth Ministry. This part-time position requires 25-28 hours per week, with compensation based on experience. This is a growth position, and the ideal candidate must embrace a strong Christian discipline and United Methodist Doctrine and theology. A Bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement. The ideal candidate must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer skills.
Interested applicants should contact Dr. Jesse Brunson (PGUMC Senior Pastor) via email or phone or Dr. Cindy Stubbs (SPRC Chair) at email@example.com or (919)732-4032.
Dr. Jesse Brunson
October 15, 2014
Berea Baptist Church
Durham, NC US
Help lead and guide the congregation to bridge the gap between Berea's traditional past and fulfilling the mission in a more contemporary society/community, while still maintaining respect for that past. Duties of the Pastor include: preaching Sunday morning worship services, Leading Bible studies on Sunday and Wednesday evenings, help provide an environment welcoming to all age groups, guide and participate in visitation of sick/shut-ins, and guide congregation in outreach endeavors.
October 10, 2014
Associate Youth Pastor
Denver, North Carolina United States
This is a summary of our job description. The full job description can be seen on church website.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a full time Associate Youth Pastor who is gifted in leading contemporary worship. They must be a passionate lover of Jesus, with a heart to disciple teenagers. We need someone who is humble, hungry for Jesus to move, fun, and responsible.
The Associate Youth Pastor will partner with the current Youth Pastor in running and planning our weekly Sunday and Wednesday night ministries, organizing Sunday school, and running our MAC Track Ministry (for youth interested in ministry as a career). Some of the specific responsibilities include:
leading worship (for weekly youth gatherings)
Recruiting, training and practicing with the youth worship band
Developing student leadership
Running youth social media
Administrative Duties (youth attendance, phone calls, database updates, etc)
Organizing mission opportunities
Our Current Ministry:
We currently have over 100 active youth in our ministry. Sunday nights we see about 100 youth for dinner and small groups and on Wednesday’s we see around 35 youth for a lesson, activity, and games. We have discovered there is a great need for worship in our ministry and we will be starting a service on Wednesday nights. Because of our need to instill a heart for worship (not just music) in our youth and our need for more people to invest in discipling our students we have opened up a position for this Associate Youth Pastor.
Wednesday nights will be our Youth Worship service. The Associate Youth Pastor will be in charge of leading worship and recruiting, training and practicing with the youth worship band.
Sunday nights are dinner and small groups. Our youth pastors will plan this time, equip our volunteers, host the event, and engage youth during our dinner time.
MAC Track: We have 30 youth who are in this ministry who have either felt called to ministry or they are open to working in a ministry related career. We meet once a month to hear speakers, do a service project, or provide training. Youth pastors also meet with our MAC Track small groups as a way of discipling and encouraging students in their faith.
Make sure to look at our full Associate Youth Pastor Job Description!
October 08, 2014
Mount Carmel Baptist Church
Chapel Hill, NC USA
A Full Time (40 hours per week) ministry position, focusing on ministry to youth (6th-12th grade) and college students, working with lay leadership in developing ministry strategies and plans, and implementing those plans through direct ministry to these groups. This position will report directly to the Pastor with a close working relationship with the Youth & College Councils.