September 08, 2014
Justice Ministry Organizer
Direct Action and Research Training (DART) Center
Several cities, Florida and Kansas United States
DART is hiring justice ministry organizers. Positions in Miami, Tampa and Daytona Beach begin January 5, 2015. Positions in Ft. Lauderdale, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota, FL and Topeka and Lawrence, KS begin June 29, 2015.
In order to build power for justice in their local communities, these DART organizers will:
-Build relationships of trust among clergy and lay leaders from diverse backgrounds, and deepen their participation in the work of their congregation’s justice ministry and the organization
-Train clergy and lay leaders in basic organizing skills, engage them in setting realistic yet challenging goals to build their justice ministry
-Engage leaders in the research of viable solutions to community problems and ensure implementation by appropriate decision makers
-Build turnout for public meetings where 1,000+ people from assigned congregations are organized to demonstrate support for the identified solutions to community problems
-Build financial sustainability by ensuring timely dues collection among member congregations, and annually coordinating a major 6-8 week investment drive
-Assist in the annual recruitment of at least two new congregations
Training is provided through the DART Organizers Institute, the intensive five month field orientation for new DART organizers. This includes an initial on-site orientation followed by field training and a weekly reading/discussion curriculum covering basic organizing principles. Initial skill development focuses on articulating the mission of the organization, intentionally developing relationships through one-on-one conversations, engaging leaders based on personal motivations, managing time effectively, running great meetings, building grassroots networks, long-term planning, working with clergy, and issue selection. Vocational development continues through annual training and planning retreats, summer staff retreats, and joint regional staff trainings.
Starting salary is $34,000/year plus health benefits, with regular cost-of-living increases and performance-based raises. For candidates relocating more than 50 miles, $250 is paid to help cover relocation costs. Retirement benefits begin after a prescribed period (usually one full year of employment).
Community organizing positions within the DART Network are competitive. People of color are encouraged to apply. Qualities we look for include:
-Core passion for justice and equality
-Excellent relationship-building skills
-Exceptional work ethic
-Ambition for a long-term career organizing with DART
-Comfort working with religious institutions
-Fluency in Spanish or Creole preferred (not mandatory)
September 08, 2014
Hope Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Grayslake, IL USA
Hope Evangelical Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time Pastor who will be responsible for providing day-to-day pastoral duties for their 92 member congregation.
They are seeking a pastor with a heart for the Lord and a heart for God’s people who will be 100% committed to Hope and the future God has planned for them.
Hope EPC is a warm, loving, vibrant and mature congregation that is dedicated to Christ-centered traditional worship. They are financially generous, committed to growth and are full of hope and trust in the Lord to take them boldly into the future.
Interested candidates should submit their PIF with cover letter via email or mail to Hope Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 32475 N. Alleghany Road, Grayslake, IL 60030, ATTN: Pastoral Search Committee.
For more information about Hope Evangelical Presbyterian Church, visit their website to view their Church Information Form.
Please contact the church office with any questions or for more information.
Marian Bradshaw, Pastoral Search Committee Chair
September 04, 2014
Praise Leader Intern
Long's Chapel Christian Church
Burlington, North Carolina United States
Long’s Chapel Christian Church is seeking a part-time praise leader intern for our 8:30 a.m. contemporary service starting, October 5, 2014. We are looking for a person to lead the music portion of the service on average of two times per month. Qualifications:
•Born Again Believer in Christ.
•Skilled vocalist who also plays guitar to lead the congregation in worship.
•Must agree with church beliefs, please visit our website site for this information.
•Teachable and flexible.
•Applicant will work with the Senior Pastor to coordinate message and music for service.
•Displays Christian Maturity and is punctual.
This is a great opportunity for a skilled musician with leadership ability or potential to get training and experience leading worship. Please contact Pastor RJ Zupancich via email.
Pastor RJ Zupancich
September 03, 2014
Director of Student Ministries and Contemporary Worship
Grace United Methodist Church
Merritt Island, FL United States
Grace United Methodist Church is seeking to fill a full-time, salaried position as Director of Student Ministries and Contemporary Worship. Grace UMC is a well-established church located in the heart of Florida’s Space Coast on Merritt Island with a main mission of “building bridges between Christ and our community”. Our congregants enjoy a lifestyle filled with a diversity of activities in our area including live theater, sporting events, varied musical concerts, water sports and beautiful beaches. Disney and Universal theme parks are readily accessible. This position will be responsible for development and implementation of relevant Christian relationships and programming for middle and high school students (grades 6-12) of Grace UMC and surrounding communities and leading the contemporary worship service. The Director will utilize a balance of events and activities designed to encourage fellowship, discipleship, worship, outreach and service within our students and volunteer leaders. The Director will also be the leader and a performing member of the praise and worship team utilizing an instrument or vocals to direct the music portion of the contemporary service. Essential functions of the position will include, but not be limited to,
Developing and maintaining a strategic vision for the student ministry
Developing and nurturing a team of caring volunteers to assist and encourage students in experiencing a meaningful, personal relationship with Jesus
Planning and implementing community and/or church service projects for the youth
Supporting youth coordinator in the preparation ad presentation of the annual budget request for youth programs
Developing and implementing plans to increase the visibility and value of the youth ministries to the entire congregation.
Arrange for and accompany youth members to summer camp, and various mission trips such as ASP.
Develops and maintains a strategic vision for the contemporary worship service seeking input from the Sr. Pastor and laity
Coordinate with Sr. Pastor and support contemporary worship planning
Lead and perform, instrumentally or vocally, with the praise team in support of the contemporary worship programs and music selections.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, dependable and capable of making decisions which are supporting of the church and its members. The candidate will also possess, preferably, a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of study, coupled with a background in religious and youth worship and performance with a praise team. The ability to work within social media platforms (i.e., Church website, Facebook, etc.) along with a musical ability (instrumental or vocals) in order to lead the praise team are required as are strong interpersonal relationship skills. Grace UMC offers a competitive salary, benefits and continuing education programs through the Youth Ministry Institute. Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, letter of introduction, references and salary requirements via email to our search committee members Bonnie Venable at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ryan Holmes at email@example.com. For additional information about Grace United Methodist, please visit our webpage at http://www.gracemethodistmi.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gracemethodistmi
September 03, 2014
Holy Spirit Lutheran Church
Juno Beach, Florida USA
Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, a 29 year-old growing, relational and vital ELCA congregation situated in Palm Beach County, Florida, is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Pastor. This person will partner with the Lead Pastor in serving the church with fresh energy into its desired future by assuming significant leadership roles and responsibilities.
• 0 -10 years of demonstrated leadership and ministry as an ordained pastor
• Excellent communicator in preaching, teaching, speaking and writing
• Masters of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or theological school accepted by the ELCA.
For further information and to apply please contact: Rick Heltne, firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 02, 2014
Church, Ministry, Education
Minister of Congregational Life
Wieuca Road Baptist Church
Atlanta, GA USA
The Minister of Congregational Life is primarily responsible for planning, promoting, implementing, and evaluating the spiritual education and formation ministries of the church. With oversight of age-group ministries, the Minister will supervise the professional and volunteer leaders of these ministries. The Minister will work closely with the Christian Education Director and Christian Education Committee to plan and coordinate innovative Bible teaching and discipleship programs. The Minister will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and will serve as ex-officio on appropriate standing and ad hoc committees. The Minister will participate in regular staff meetings, planning retreats, and staff team building events and will assist in pastoral duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
1. Bible teaching/discipleship programs – Work closely with the Christian Education leadership in developing truly innovative Bible teaching and discipleship programs. This would include establishing the education calendar, choosing and evaluating curricula and other resources, and enlisting and training teachers, facilitators, and other leaders. Directly accountable and responsible for Covenant Groups and In-Home/Small Group development including the expansion of Singles and other specific ministries.
2. Leadership Development – Work with the Senior Pastor and Nominating Committee to identify spiritual gifts among members, seek potential leaders, and staff existing and new programs; Create, plan, coordinate leadership training events in January, August (Global Leadership Summit), and November.
3. Marketing/Technology – Oversee website development, content creation, communication vehicles, work with staff, Social Media Team, Marketing Committee, and appropriate contractors to promote church vision, processes, events, and activities to church and community.
4. Pastoral Ministry – Serve as Associate Pastor to assist the Senior Pastor in worship leadership, visitation/outreach, pastoral care, and participation in denominational/community events. Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective follow-up initiatives with worship visitors to provide them with appropriate information about engaging with Covenant Groups, Bible study groups, various activities ministries for family members, and others.
5. Strategic Plan module oversight – Serve as staff liaison for age group, marketing, and facilities modules; participate in evaluation and updating of related plan areas.
Key Competencies and Experiences:
1. Demonstrated leadership profile in previous assignments including:
a. Creating a clear, shared vision among his/her constituencies;
b. Possessing strong “delegation with accountability” skills;
c. Developing people through coaching, teaching, mentoring;
d. Building strong and effective teams;
e. Resolving conflict positively for all concerned;
f. Leading both staff and laity effectively;
g. Creating momentum for positive, sustainable change;
h. Communicating effectively and spiritually in one-to-one and in group settings, both orally and through writing;
i. Possessing a sense of urgency and is a self-starter who can work well independently when required.
2. Seminary degree required.
3. Vocational experience in a multi-staff church setting.
4. At least five years of positive and successful experience in church vocation.
5. Ability to articulate spiritual gifts as well as professional abilities.
6. Successful and creative experiences in developing, implementing, monitoring, and coordinating In-Home/Small Group Bible Study.
7. Proven passion for the use of social media and associated technology to market church initiatives and to provide evangelical outreach to change lives.
8. Successful experience in developing, implementing, evaluating, and continuously updating a strategic planning process in a church environment.
9. Demonstrated capabilities in effective written communications particularly in connection with the use of the written word in social media, web content creation, and other forms of publication.
10. Successful experience in the preparation, analysis, implementation of budget processes in a church setting.
September 02, 2014
Director of Youth Ministries
Harbor United Methodist Church
Wilmington, NC USA
Harbor United Methodist Church, a vibrant, growing, thousand-member congregation in coastal Wilmington, NC is searching for a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. The Director will be responsible for the discipleship of youth Grades 6-12 while working within the United Methodist tradition and the transitioning of Youth Ministries into Harbor’s new facility in 2015. For the job description with responsibilities and desired qualifications, click on link provided. Interested candidates should submit a resume and three references to Elizabeth Smith via email by October 8, 2014.
September 02, 2014
Director of Student Faith Formation
Canterbury United Methodist Church
Birmingham, Alabama United States
Canterbury United Methodist Church located in Birmingham, Alabama, is searching for a full-time Director of Student Faith Formation, a person who will serve more in an “executor” role as part of the student ministry team. This position will build upon and strengthen the spiritual formation of students by establishing relationships with both students and their families. The main responsibilities are:
• Maintain day-to-day management of the spiritual formation of students, in alignment with Canterbury’s mission and values
• Develop relationships with youth and their families to nurture their relationship with Christ, with a focus on high school students and families
• Collaborate, support and troubleshoot with volunteers
• Provide oversight to the programmatic aspects of student ministry
• Infuse a joyful Christian atmosphere into all Canterbury youth programs
• A minimum of five years of experience in leading a youth ministry program, preferably in a larger church or similar organization
• A Bachelor’s degree with a preference toward a field related to youth ministry
• Knowledge of sustainable systems
• A passion for serving youth and their families
• Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey.
• Ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of ministry programs and events
• Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
Canterbury United Methodist Church is a well-established, traditional church of about 3,000 members in Birmingham, AL with a history of excellence in music, worship, adult education and mission experiences. The theological environment of Canterbury United Methodist Church offers a foundation on the Bible while promoting a culture that values theological diversity. Canterbury United Methodist Church strives to model openness, acceptance, and tolerance.
For more detailed information and to submit a resume, please contact Kristina Zirschky via email.
September 01, 2014
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry
Part-Time Volunteer Administrator
Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church
Raleigh, NC USA
The Volunteer Administrator is charged with the integration of all laity into the active ministry of Pleasant Grove UMC so that our vision and mission might be realized.
• Minimum of three years ministry experience working closely with families
• Strong relational and team building talent
• Proven organizational abilities
• Effective communication skills
• Must be sensitive to issues of diversity
• Integrate church members and visitors into PGUMC programs to realize our vision to reach, engage and enable all
• Maintain a presence at worship services on Sunday mornings to greet and engage church visitors and members rotating through the services, with the exception of sick and vacation days. (SPRC representative will explain expectation.)
• Recruit volunteers to serve in specific ministry roles at PGUMC as needed
• Implement and maintain the church’s “Gifts and Graces” database (i.e. time and talent survey)
• Implement and maintain new visitor information and contact records
• Keep the congregation informed of volunteer opportunities through articles in the newsletter, personal contact, email, etc.
• In consultation with the Pastor(s) attend designated meetings
• Oversee and maintain the Safe Sanctuary Compliance in partnership with the Safe Sanctuaries task force
• Oversee and maintain the Volunteer Calendars and Nursery workers’ calendar
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to SPRC Chairperson via email.
September 01, 2014
Community Church at Tellico Village
Loudon, Tennessee United States
Community Church at Tellico Village is seeking a Senior Pastor to lead our pastoral team and congregation following the retirement of our pastor who served for seventeen years. CCTV is a 1400 member interdenominational church located SW of Knoxville, TN in a planned community on Tellico Lake in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. The church is affiliated with the International Council of Community Churches. The ideal candidate possesses a deep personal faith in Jesus Christ and demonstrates a true desire to shape their ministry by the Great Commandment. S/he values Christian unity and ecumenical cooperation. S/he values Christian unity and ecumenical cooperation. S/he is a mature “people-person” with leadership skills who has a passion for: preaching, developing fellowship, and spiritual growth ministries. Ministers from all denominations may apply. M. Div. required. If interested, visit us at www.tellicochurch.com and post resume to email@example.com. Otherwise mail to TVCC Search Team, 130 Chota Center, Loudon, TN 37774. The deadline for submission of application materials is November 15, 2014.