April 15, 2014
Director of Adult Discipleship
Hyde Park United Methodist
Tampa, FL USA
We are looking for a Director of Adult Discipleship. This full-time position will lead, organize and support lay persons by providing spiritual growth opportunities, enabling them to grow in their faith and discipleship. Candidate must be committed to the mainline Christian faith (in the United Methodist tradition) and growing in their own faith journey. Ideal candidate will possess good organizational skills, and have an engaging and warm-hearted demeanor. Bachelor’s degree is required; a degree in Christian Education or related ministry experience is preferred. See church link for a full job desciption. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Rev. Vicki Walker
(813) 253-5388 ext 223
April 14, 2014
Minister to Youth/Children Ministries
First Calvary Baptist Church
Durham, NC United States
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth/children ministries (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Minister to Youth/Children Ministries (MYCM) reports to the Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Pastor, in cooperation with the Personnel Committee/Trustees, provides an annual evaluation of the MYCM’s performance. The MYCM will be responsible and subject to Christian doctrine, Baptist policy, and local church policy as determined by the Pastor, and Congregation. Attendance at the following meetings is expected: Monthly Staff Meetings, Monthly Youth Council, and Christian Education Committee, and Youth Bible Study.
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth/children’s ministry at all levels and in all ministry areas of the local church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth/children’s ministry to:
-love youth/children where they are
-encourage youth/children in developing their relationship to God
-provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
1. Be an advocate for youth/children and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth/children in the local church and community.
2. Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth/children ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
3. Support, lead and guide the work of the Youth Council in an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth/children ministry and directing monthly planning sessions.
4. Mentor youth/children in developing their leadership skills.
5. Be aware of resources for developing the youth/children ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
6. Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth/children in all aspects of youth/children ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
7. Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries. Engage in ministry with the Minister of Christian Education.
8. Teach Youth Discipleship classes as needed.
9. Work in partnership with the Evangelism Committee to effectively reach youth/children in the community and develop a strategic youth/children ministry outreach plan.
10. Keep records of youth/children participation.
11. Create and manage the youth/children ministry budget.
12. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
13. Be available to youth/children in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, graduations, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
14. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
15. Ensure that all Congregational Policies is observed in all youth/children ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must embrace Christian doctrine, theology and Baptist Policy. Ordination is desired in Christian Ministry and nationally recognize.
2. A Master’s of Divinity degree in a related field is minimum requirement. Professional Certification in Youth Ministry is desired.
3. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
5. Must have 3-5 years Ministry work and a proven ability to work effectively with youth/children, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
(July 2014 Expected Starting Date)
40 Hours per week
Single/Health Insurance, Retirement
April 14, 2014
Children's Ministry Part-time Intern
Christ United Methodist Church
Chapel Hill, North Carolina United States
Christ United Methodist Church in Chapel Hill, NC, is recruiting for the position of Part-time Children's Ministry Intern. If you or someone you know would like to apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Catherine Neal, Children's Ministry Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail/hand delivery to Catherine's attention, 800 Market Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27516. The deadline for application is April 30, 2014. The full job description is available on church website.
April 10, 2014
Hillsdale United Methodist Church
Advance, NC United States
Hillsdale UMC is seeking a visionary Youth Minister to lead an exciting and growing youth ministry. The goal of youth ministry is to lead students into a personal relationship with Christ while equipping students to learn and grow in their faith. The Youth Minister disciples middle and high school students in their spiritual growth, training them to serve Christ with their lives and forming relationships that aid in mentoring their faith.
Hillsdale UMC, located in a growing area of Advance, NC just west of Winston-Salem, was a church plant in 1999 and moved from a warehouse to our present church facility. We are a contemporary church offering multiple worship services each week and mission and study opportunities every day of the week. With more than 750 members, Hillsdale is a fast-growing church with a mission to pursue God and to love others into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
1. Candidates should have a commitment to Christ and a passion for leading young people on the path of faith formation
2. A record of successful youth ministry
3. Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in theology or youth ministry. Master’s degree is preferable.
(Preference given to those with experience and a degree and/or certification in youth ministry or a related field)
Responsiblilites to include:
• Sunday night youth programs and Sunday morning youth worship
• Mid-week Bible studies and seasonal ministries
• Youth ministry curriculum development and teaching, training and recruiting volunteers, establishing and maintaining a budget, fundraising, and communication via website, calendars, and social media
• Mission trips and retreats
• Assist with confirmation as needed
• Follow the Safe Sanctuary Policy
• Support youth outside of church (such as sporting events, etc.)
• Develop relationships with all HUMC youth. Mentor and become a trusted role model for students seeking support, guidance, and spiritual formation
• Parental Support
• Work as a team with the staff and the Director of Student Ministries to plan and carry out the functions of youth ministry
Applications will be accepted through May 16. To apply, please send by email the following (as MS WORD or PDF documents):
1. Cover letter sharing some of your faith journey or core beliefs
2. A resume
3. References (at least 3)
April 10, 2014
Church, Ministry, Education
Director of Christian Education
Swansboro United Methodist Church
Swansboro, North Carolina United States
Swansboro United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Christian Education. We are a thriving 1,500 member church located on the beautiful Crystal Coast of North Carolina. The DCE will coordinate a ministry of Christian Education with volunteers so that children, youth and adults are introduced to Jesus Christ and nurtured as disciples to follow Christ and love their neighbors. This is a full-time salaried position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Strong candidates will possess:
• Excellent leadership skills.
• The ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• The ability to multi-task.
• A passion for youth and working with young people -- empowering people in service, mission, and discipleship.
• The capacity to recruit, equip, supervise, and work collaboratively with volunteers.
• The ability to work well in a team environment.
• A person with a strong spiritual foundation committed to Jesus Christ and to the church.
• A Bachelor's Degree or 2 - 3 years comparable experience.
• Experience in ministry with children, youth, and adults is preferred.
• Graduate studies in Christian Education is welcomed.
• Understanding and support of The United Methodist Church's doctrine in all areas of faith and practice is expected.
For a full job description please visit the church website and click the "Employment Opportunities" tab. Resumes may be submitted via email.
Rev. Angelo Sanchez
(910) 326-4822 ext. 224
April 09, 2014
San Francisco, CA USA
Eucharist is currently looking to bring on a qualified pastoral intern. We believe that perhaps the best way to develop and grow as a pastor is to be given a supportive opportunity to try out gifts and experience first-hand the joys and challenges of ministry. Eucharist is in a position to offer unique ministry opportunities along with nurture and support.
Value: Why might you want to do a pastoral internship at Eucharist?
• Unique Identity | Location: We are an urban Anglican church plant in San Francisco. What a valuable learning experience to be part of creating something in one of the most exciting and challenging mission fields of the West!
• Creative Tensions: We are young, vibrant, creative AND rooted, historic, orthodox. We are evangelical, charismatic AND sacramental (hard to find these all together in one setting).
• Hands: Opportunity for a lot of hands-on ministry experience that you might not find in a better established setting.
• Mind: We value the life of the mind… no dumbed down Christianity here!
• Heart: We are passionate about spiritual formation that is rooted in the tried and true models of the past 2,000 years while also seeking to be in touch with the best contemporary thinking and practice.
Who: Qualified applicants are those called to offer ministry via an ordained office (Deacon or Priest). Applicants will need to be 1) already in the Anglican ordination track and / or 2) have completed or be currently enrolled in a Theology Master’s program (MDiv preferred) and desire to work within an Anglican ministry setting as clergy. Exceptions may be made for someone who has extensive pastoral experience or who otherwise demonstrates they are qualified.
How: In conversation with the Lead Pastor, the pastoral intern will develop a job description that suits the congregation’s needs and fits the pastoral intern’s gifts / calling / experience. The pastoral intern will have appropriate responsibility in an area of ministry (i.e. evangelism, small groups ministry, youth, pastoral care, etc.) and operate as a part of the staff of Eucharist. He / She will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
Duration: The pastoral internship is intended to officially last 12 months but may also be renewed for additional time in conversation with the Lead Pastor.
Time: The pastoral intern will be expected to invest a minimum of 20 hours a week into ministry. The precise amount and focus of time will be explored in conversation with the Lead Pastor.
Salary: No compensation is able to be offered. However, the Intern may qualify to fundraise through Eucharist (as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit) in order to raise a stipend for this position should this be desired. Additionally, the pastoral intern would be welcome to take on part-time work outside the church in order to support himself/herself.
Desirable: We are looking for candidates who are passionate about serving Christ, committed to discipleship, called and gifted for pastoral ministry, able to handle the challenges of urban life and who have chemistry with our staff.
Information: For general information about us, visit our website. To find out how you can apply for this role, please email to address listed below.
April 09, 2014
San Francisco, CA USA
Eucharist is an Anglican church plant in downtown San Francisco looking to bring on qualified interns to join our ministry team. The internship is intended for those who want to grow in their faith, experience church-based ministry in an urban context and offer their gifts as a part of a church staff alongside others doing so. Interns can participate in this program part-time or full-time. Minimum length of commitment for an internship is 12 weeks. Ideal length is 9-12 months. If internship is part-time, the intern is expected to invest a minimum of 10 hours weekly into this program.
• Self-Directed / Leadership-oriented – Needs to be self-motivated. Must possess a strong sense of internal drive, due to the unstructured nature of ministry / church planting.
• Communicator – Must be capable of listening as well as expressing his / herself to others.
• Passionate – Must exhibit a deep commitment and desire to love and serve Jesus and be willing to sacrifice for this commitment
Desirable Skills / Experience:
• Small Group Facilitation
• Administration, Leadership
• Graphic Design, Artistic skills / eye
• Musical Gifts
• Hospitality, Cross-cultural experience
• Worked with Youth or Children
• Community Service Volunteer work
Suggested Job Description (to be determined based on candidates strengths and interests):
A) 60% of time developing any number of various ministries of Eucharist (to be determined through conversation with the Lead Pastor
B) 20% of time in direct Missional engagement with the non-believing community
C) 20% of time in structured discipleship mentoring process
Other Requirements / Factors:
Education – Some college education
Experience – Volunteer experience with a church preferred
Character / Spiritual Maturity – This individual must be a baptized and committed Christian and have a hunger for continual spiritual growth.
Theological Resonance – Applicant should be comfortable with our statement of faith and have some understanding of our three guiding influences (Evangelical, Charismatic and Sacramental) and what they mean.
Team / Personality Chemistry – This individual must fit in with the team (sense of humor, flexibility, etc.)
Funding / Expectations:
Eucharist is not able to pay interns. The interns are responsible for raising all living costs. The intern applicant should be aware that this is one of the most expensive cities in the US to live in. Eucharist is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which means it is possible for the intern to do all of his / her fundraising through our organization with no administration fee. We will provide tax-deductible receipts to all donors and handle the appropriate paperwork.
What Eucharist Offers: We will cover the cost of one continuing education conference, provide a structured and consistent mentoring / discipleship process and encourage and support the intern as he / she explores his / her ministry gifts and abilities in a variety of settings. This is a unique chance to experience church planting from the inside in one of the most creative and fascinating urban environments in the world.
Contact: Email for information on how you can apply for this internship. Our internship program has an open enrollment. Actual timing of the internship depends on the applicant in conversation with the Lead Pastor.
April 09, 2014
Associate Pastor for Families
Temple Baptist Church
Durham, NC United States
Temple Baptist Church in Durham, NC is searching for the right person who is led to serve as our full-time Associate Pastor for Families. Temple is a CBF-affiliated congregation with an approximate average worship attendance of 150. Temple is seeking to build a sustainable ministry to children, youth and families and to develop a church culture that will embrace diverse families with children from infant to young adult. The Associate Pastor for Families will work with the staff and the congregation to empower families to raise their children to love the Lord and coordinate programs that help children and youth grow in their faith. A complete job description and job profile is available on the Temple Baptist Church website, http://www.tbcdurham.org. Anyone who is interested in applying for the position should send a cover letter, resume, and reference list to Temple Baptist Church, Attn: Personnel Committee, 4504 Sterling Drive, Durham, NC, 27712 or via email to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through May 15.
April 09, 2014
Augsburg Fortress Publishers
Minneapolis, MN United States
The Senior Developer – Youth (SDY) leads the development of innovative faith formation resources for the youth market as a team member at sparkhouse, the ecumenical division of Augsburg Fortress Publishers. The mission of sparkhouse is to spark new life in Christian communities.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
The SDY supports the new product development process for youth ministry resources.
· Leads the development of multiple products in youth category through contributor acquisition and management.
· Assists Product Design in developing product concepts and prototypes.
· Monitors and reports on cultural trends in publishing, social media, faith formation, and other relevant topics.
The SDY leads and oversees the development and production of youth resources in collaboration with sparkhouse team members.
· Demonstrates excellence in writing, editorial, and communication skills applied throughout the development and production of new resources.
·Contacts potential contributors, including research participants, writers, editors, reviewers, and field test congregations.
·Recruits and briefs external contributors.
·Monitors the status of manuscripts and other deliverables from external contributors.
·Supports the field-testing process.
·Ensures all hands-on experiential materials are functional, well-designed, theologically aligned, and audience-appropriate.
·Collaborates with developers and project managers to ensure timely handoffs of briefings, manuscripts, illustrations, and other deliverables.
The SDY demonstrates these key attributes in work style.
·Shows flexibility in working with different team members and on various project components.
·Organizes workload effectively, prioritizing appropriately and focusing on timely completion of projects.
·Demonstrates leadership and upholds product point of view when working with a diverse team of contributors and colleagues.
·Shows collaborative work style, communicating effectively with internal and external team members through face-to-face, email, and remote communication.
·Facilitates creative jams to kick off or collaboratively develop products.
·Demonstrates self-direction on projects, needing minimal supervision.
·Seeks opportunities for personal and professional development to further the work and mission of sparkhouse.
·Publicly represents sparkhouse youth through events, social media, and regular interactions with customers and collaborators as appropriate.
·The SDY reports to the sparkhouse Publisher.
·The SDY maintains positive, collaborative relationships with other sparkhouse team members (Product Design, Project Management, Video) and members of other internal teams, including Visual Design, Marketing, Sales & Service, and Purchasing.
·The SDY builds and maintains relationships with external contributors (writers, editors, designers, copyeditors, proofreaders); customers of sparkhouse and Augsburg Fortress; and various ecumenical organizations.
The SDY will demonstrate commitment to the vision and values of Augsburg Fortress and sparkhouse.
The SDY will possess most or all of the following desired education and experience:
·Degree in education, journalism, English, theology, or related field.
·Experience in an educational or congregational setting, preferably in youth ministry.
·Combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
·Knowledge of education and childhood and adolescent development.
·Literate in Mainline Protestant theology with demonstrated skills working in an ecumenical environment.
·Interest in design and the design thinking process.
·Fluency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media.
·Ability to learn new software and tools.
·Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
·Ability to develop and edit manuscripts for style, usefulness, age-appropriateness, and theological quality.
April 08, 2014
Wakefield United Methodist Church
Raleigh, North Carolina United States
Wakefield United Methodist Church, a young and dynamic faith community in North Raleigh, is seeking a part-time Worship Leader. Our worship is contemporary with some traditional elements.
The ideal candidate must be a committed and mature disciple of Jesus. Biblical knowledge, the faithful practices of spiritual disciplines, ability to disciple others, and the desire to be a part of our church family is wanted.
Must have strong musical skills: including vocal skills, instrumentation (guitar or piano a must), an ear for music, ability to read music, and an understanding of chord theory and structure. Must have broad knowledge of both contemporary worship songs and traditional hymns.
Must be an effective leader able to build teams and bands, develop people, work well with others, motivate and equip others, and build and maintain relationships. Must have strong administrative skills: effective communication, proficiency with Media Shout and Planning Center Online is important, and ability to organize.
Worship leadership must be energetic, joyous, dynamic, upbeat, and engaging as well as authentic and deeply spiritual.
Additional qualifications desired include 3-5 years worship leadership experience with demonstrated success, proficiency in audio and visual equipment, a college education, an understanding of United Methodist doctrine, and the desire to belong to a church family. Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and hard working.
Pay is commensurate to experience. Hours required per week are estimated at 15 but may vary depending on candidate. Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume, references, and recording of themselves leading worship to email address listed below by May 1.