September 01, 2014
Community Church at Tellico Village
Loudon, Tennessee United States
Community Church at Tellico Village is seeking a Senior Pastor to lead our pastoral team and congregation following the retirement of our pastor who served for seventeen years. CCTV is a 1400 member interdenominational church located SW of Knoxville, TN in a planned community on Tellico Lake in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. The church is affiliated with the International Council of Community Churches. The ideal candidate possesses a deep personal faith in Jesus Christ and demonstrates a true desire to shape their ministry by the Great Commandment. S/he values Christian unity and ecumenical cooperation. S/he values Christian unity and ecumenical cooperation. S/he is a mature “people-person” with leadership skills who has a passion for: preaching, developing fellowship, and spiritual growth ministries. Ministers from all denominations may apply. M. Div. required. If interested, visit us at www.tellicochurch.com and post resume to email@example.com. Otherwise mail to TVCC Search Team, 130 Chota Center, Loudon, TN 37774. The deadline for submission of application materials is November 15, 2014.
September 01, 2014
Director of Children & Youth Ministry
Englewood United Methodist Church
Rocky Mount, North Carolina United States
The Director of Children and Youth Ministry will provide dynamic leadership and oversight to the children and youth ministries at Englewood United Methodist Church, equipping all to disciple children and youth.
• Create and communicate a vision for children and youth ministries
• Create environments for young people to grow and develop in spiritual formation.
• Engage with youth, children and families as a participant in children & youth ministries.
• Develop and promote creative celebrations of children and youth ministries.
• Promote the development and growth of children and youth ministry groups that speak to the diverse needs and interests of children and youth.
• Develop a network of spiritually gifted volunteer leaders, mentors, and apprentices who can disciple children and youth toward spiritual maturity.
• Coordinate and facilitate volunteer leader training events for new and established workers in children and youth ministry, with a system to recruit, train, develop and appreciate volunteers.
• Participate in staff team meeting and Christian Education Ministry team meeting
• Participate in worship as worshiper and/or assisting leaders, as appropriate for your life.
• Network in the community, with other congregations, and the denomination to develop and share mutual resources for children & youth ministry.
• Strong Christian faith and a commitment to education of youth and children
• AA or BS in education or religious studies (or equivalent). A Master of Divinity degree is preferred. A United Methodist background is advantageous.
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitation in Children and Youth ministry skills.
• Ability to engage in a warm and caring manner with youth, children, and parents
• Familiar and comfortable with social media and other modern communication techniques
• Organizing: Can gather and organize resources (people, funding, materials, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; can use resources effectively and efficiently.
• Planning: Sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedule; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; evaluates results.
• Manages vision and purposes: Articulates and supports the visions and mission of Englewood UMC (making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world); communicates a compelling and inspired vision for children’s and youth ministry; creates a compelling vision of possibility, hope, and optimism; helping others to own the vision.
• Developing volunteers: Is able to identify raw talent and recruit capable people into positions of responsibility; provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments for others to do; communicate expectations clearly and holds people accountable.
• Managing conflict: Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflict, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; focuses when listening; settles disputes collaboratively and equitably; finds common ground and gets cooperation.
• Interpersonal Relationships: Relates well to all types of people, inside and outside of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
• Trust and Integrity: Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; practices what he or she preaches.
Interested candidates should submit their letter of interest and resume, labeled “Director of Children and Youth Ministry” attention: Christian Davenport, Englewood UMC, PO Box 7128, Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27804 or via e-mail.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Effective: 9/01/2014 or as soon as available
Directly Supervises: Volunteers for Children & Youth Ministry
Status: Full time
August 26, 2014
Director of Youth Ministries (Full Time)
Trinity United Methodist Church
Richmond, VA USA
Trinity United Methodist Church, a 3000 member church in Richmond, VA has an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Youth Ministries.
This position requires the visioning, designing and implementing of a comprehensive youth ministry for students, grades 6-12. Ministry with our youth will include spiritual formation, worship, mission and fun. Our Youth Director must have a passion for youth and for leading them into the transformative grace of Jesus Christ. He/she must also have the ability to incorporate our young people fully into the life of the Church and to take their faith into the world. The successful candidate will have a vibrant and self-evident faith in Jesus Christ, the ability to relate well to both youth and youth families, and be a team player on the church staff.
Prior experience in Youth Ministry is expected and a background check is required before hiring. Salary and benefits will be based on experience and qualifications.
Resume and cover letter via email.
Youth Search Committee Members
August 25, 2014
Director of Worship Arts
Pittsboro United Methodist Church
Pittsboro, NC USA
Our growing church is starting a new worship service of the contemporary/alternative variety. We really don’t want it to be lame, and neither do we want it to be anything less than worship. The Worship Arts Coordinator will have the opportunity to help us get it right from the ground up. This position will work with our staff and lay leaders to help with aesthetics, music, and volunteer coordination. Of critical importance is overseeing the music, and shepherding volunteers within and outside of the church to participate. Be in touch with us if you have relevant experience and passions, like working with people, and want to see a quirky place like Pittsboro ignite with the love of Jesus. Divinity Students welcome to apply. Salary in the $10,000 - $12,000 range.
August 22, 2014
Part Time Youth Pastor
Hanks Chapel UCC
Pittsboro, NC USA
Hanks Chapel UCC, Pittsboro, North Carolina is seeking a part-time youth pastor to minister to our children, middle, and high school students. This individual should have a sense of God’s specific call to reach and disciple pre-teens and teens and will oversee all facets of youth ministry. We are looking for a person who has passion and skill for youth ministry, a vibrant relationship with God and mature relationships with God's people. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and leadership skills, a mature vision for mission/outreach, and a passion for mentoring youth. It is important that the applicant provide some activities for elementary age children.
The candidate will work closely with the pastor, music minister, and support committee to make decisions about curriculum and activities. Salary will be negotiable based on education and experience. Hanks Chapel Church is set in a rural area in central North Carolina within a few miles of several larger cities. We have approximately 90-100 active members with roughly 12-15 preteens and teens.
August 21, 2014
Associate Rector for Pastoral Care and Parish Life
St. John's Episcopal Church
Tallahassee, FL US
Please see the full job description at link below.
Lindsay Hardy, Parish Administrator
August 20, 2014
Director of Children & Family Ministries
St. Paul United Methodist Church
Louisville, KY USA
St. Paul United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Children & Family Ministries. The full-time Director will have a passion for working with children, their families, and the congregation at-large to embody the mission of St. Paul UMC as a place where Christians “engage head, heart, and hands in love of God and others.” Through ministries and programs such as: Sunday School, summer and seasonal events, age-appropriate mission and service opportunities, and worship moments the Director of Children & Family Ministries will develop, schedule, and supervise the full range of ministries related to children’s ministries.
Description of Children’s Ministries: The Children’s Ministries of St. Paul UMC include children (birth – 4th grade) and their families.
Essential Functions of the position:
• Design, implement, and continue to build upon existing children and family ministry opportunities that integrate relationship building, growth in faith, and enthusiasm/fun.
• Design and coordinate an intentional plan for children’s faith formation including: Sunday morning opportunities, monthly and bi-monthly large group gatherings, and other events.
• Develop and train leaders who will participate in the planning and execution of children’s and family ministries.
• Plan and coordinate ministry and faith formation opportunities for families of all kinds. Minister to the children and families in times of celebration and/or need.
• Plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee childcare volunteers for church events.
• Collaborate with church staff and key lay leaders to integrate the children’s and family ministries with the overall life of the church.
• Collaborate with Children’s Ministry Team. Oversee team budget.
• Relate and connect with the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) program that meets at St. Paul.
• Collaborate with the Director of Student Ministries to create a long-term, coherent, and sustainable growth and Christian education plan for all children and youth.
• Maintain adequate and appropriate communication with congregation and community regarding children’s and family ministries. Communicate with the congregation and community via church media (i.e. bulletin, website, The Tower, etc.) and other avenues. Use social media and technology effectively and appropriately.
Core Competencies of the position:
Ministry planning: Demonstrate abilities to plan and coordinate diverse ministry opportunities including: small group studies, large group gatherings, retreats, missional opportunities, and fellowship and social events. Express a vision for the children’s and family ministries. Work to bring others alongside the vision, and maintain a commitment of striving towards the vision.
Lesson planning & Teaching: Design or identify effective lesson plans, and facilitate learning experiences in both small and large group setting. Select teaching topics or curriculum that is relevant, and contributes to a growth in faith for children and families.
Leadership Development: Encourage others to discover and engage their giftedness and skills in service to the larger community. Support the development of others’ skills and abilities. Actively seek to engage others more directly in the leadership life of the congregation. Think strategically about the continual need for a next generation of leaders, and work to build leadership capacity.
Hospitality: Generate a sense of hospitality and accessibility by his or her very presence. Communicate a sense of availability, warmth, openness and approachability. Support a culture of welcoming and connection in the life of the congregation.
Interpersonal Skills & Volunteer Management: Demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative when ministering with children, parents, and the congregation at-large. Possess the ability to identify and solve problems, handle conflict, and engage in honest conversation. Work well with church staff, congregation members, and volunteers. Provide direction, gain commitment, facilitate change, and achieve results through the efficient, creative, and responsible use of volunteers.
Creativity and Innovation: Generates new ideas. Make new connections among existing ideas to create fresh approaches. Take acceptable risks in pursuit of innovation. Learns from mistakes. Use good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
Integrity and Trust: Is seen as trustworthy by others. Practice direct, honest, and transparent communication. Keep confidences. Admit mistakes. Operate with no hidden agendas. Respond to situations with constancy and reliability.
Communication Skills: Possess the ability to express thoughts and feelings clearly, openly, authentically, and theologically. Communicate appropriately according to the situation at hand.
Administrative Skills: Understand basic budgeting and planning. Familiar with and adhere to Safe Sanctuaries policies. Amenable to supervision.
Goals of the position:
St. Paul UMC understands that this job description provides the essential functions and core competencies of the Director of Children & Family Ministries. This document does not offer an exact list of events, schedule, and programs for the Director to maintain. Instead, the Director – in conversation with the St. Paul church staff and ministry teams – will establish specific plans for ministries, events, programs, and goals.
A successful candidate will have:
• Passion for walking alongside and developing the faith of children and families at all spiritual maturity levels
• Vision for growth, depth, and fruitfulness in children’s and family ministries.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 5+ years of experience in leading and/or working in the areas of children’s and family ministries.
• Follow the same spiritual and moral standards set for pastors in The United Methodist Church.
Report: Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, Director of Discipleship & Connection, and S/PRC
Hours/Salary: Full-time exempt position; 40 hours per week; salary commensurate with experience
Benefits available: Health Insurance, Pension, Vision and/or Dental Insurance
Office Space: Office space with computer provided.
Job Posting Dates: August 20 – September 19. After review and interview, start date is flexible.
St. Paul UMC is large, urban church located in the Highlands community in Louisville, KY. The St. Paul congregation gathers three times each Sunday for worship (600 average attendance, 2,000 members), and at various times in different ways during the week.
Please submit a detailed introduction letter and resume to Rev. David Garvin via email/postal mail:
Rev. David S. Garvin
St. Paul United Methodist Church
2000 Douglass Blvd.
August 20, 2014
UNC Presbyterian Campus Ministry Intern
Presbyterian Campus Ministry of Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA
Come join us at UNC PCM for a year of ministry with our college students. Great exposure for young adult ministry specific to a university campus and community in a thriving campus ministry setting. This internship entails mostly- connecting with students, but also leading a weekly small group and another area where the individual intern is excited to be plugged in. Also, the intern is invited to join us for Thursday night dinner and programs along with traveling with us on any retreats they are available along with a spring break trip to Denver, CO, to DOOR Ministry.
August 18, 2014
Music Team Director
Efland, NC United States
This is an opportunity to work with a growing church near Durham. We seek a creative Christian with a vision for eclectic music and a passion for worship. This includes developing our music team and coordinating vocalists and musicians in a variety of genres (initial training provided).
Some music education is helpful and good experience with a lead instrument (such as guitar) is preferred. This music ministry primarily involves Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, so it is part-time at this point. The initial compensation will be based on qualifications and the finalized job description. Please email your resume and any references, thank you.
August 18, 2014
Elementary & Preschool Teachers
Durham, NC United States
Emmaus Way is seeking caring and enthusiastic individuals to teach our kids on Sunday nights. We are currently looking to hire two teachers--one to lead our school-aged classroom, and one to lead our preschool classroom.
We are looking for people who have experience working with children and who are excited about helping children learn about God. They will need to lead a lesson each week, which will be provided to them by Emmaus Way prior to Sunday. Qualified applicants should be open to an exploratory approach when teaching Bible stories and should be interested in incorporating art and music. In addition to the inherent joys that stem from working with children, several of our previous teachers who were also being trained for ministry have found their experience at Emmaus Way to be highly helpful in securing full-time children's ministry employment .
Our Worship Gathering runs from 5:00-6:30 pm on Sunday nights. Applicants would need to have availability before and after the service, from around 4:30-7:00 pm. The position is for 2-3 hours of work per week, and the compensation for this position is $50/week. In addition, teachers are required to attend quarterly meetings with the Emmaus Way Children’s Ministry Team, usually held on Sunday afternoons before their work period. The anticipated start date for both positions would be in August, but the start date is flexible.
Anyone interested in either of the positions should send a statement of interest and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a phone number on your résumé. We will contact references, and a background check will be required. We strongly encourage applicants to read through our website for more information about our community.
Amber MacCarthy or Elizabeth Efird