May 27, 2013
Christian Educator/Minister of Discipleship
Pinnacle, NC USA
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of Fairview United Methodist Church is to equip, nurture, and send disciples to fulfill Christ’s mission in the world.
OUR VISION STATEMENT: We seek to be a church that shows compassion to all God’s children by seeking those in need of Christ and nurturing those in the body of Christ.
PROFILE: A Christian leader who, with the help of the laity, will foster, encourage and enhance the Christian growth and development of our children and youth while coordinating and helping direct the educational programs, spiritual formation “small” groups, and other Nurture activities at Fairview. He/She will direct, motivate and develop leadership for an effective Christian educational ministry for all ages within the church.
▪ Bachelor’s degree or Certification in Christian Education with related work experience preferred.
▪ Should have a good knowledge of the United Methodist programs and curriculum.
▪ It is preferred that he/she be a member of the United Methodist Church. Should have experience in leadership, training, recruiting, and working with volunteers.
▪ Should have strong communication skills and ability to work with all ages.
▪ Willingness to be an active participant of Fairview’s church family.
SCHEDULE/WORKING HOURS: This will be a full-time position, requiring 40 flexible hours per week, including some night-time meetings and work on Sundays. A regular day-off during the week will be provided.
▪ 2-weeks paid vacation per year
▪ Stipend for Health Insurance
▪ Travel Expenses
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Christian Educator shall work in cooperation with and under the guidance of the Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee. The Christian Educator will meet frequently with the Pastor for guidance in scheduling activities and to assess any need regarding the educational ministry of the church. It is suggested that a log of daily activities be kept.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
▪ Coordinate, supervise and implement all educational programs in Christian education
▪ Further enrich and equip all lay persons involved with each ministry
A. Youth Ministry
1. Assist Youth Leaders in recruiting, training and supporting Sunday School teachers, UMYF counselors, and other Youth leaders as needed.
2. Supervise Youth Ministries Team in:
a. Planning and implementing spiritual retreats and other special events.
b. Promoting District and Conference events available to youth.
c. Developing and coordinating annual Youth Sundays.
d. Encouraging and coordinating various opportunities for service and missions.
3. Serve as a support system or friend to all of the youth. Be available to spend time with the youth at the church and in their everyday environment when possible.
4. Work with the Youth Leaders in preparing the yearly budget and planning fund-raising activities (if needed) to meet that budget.
5. Make follow-up contacts with:
a. Visiting families with youth
b. Sick/hospitalized youth
B. Children’s Ministry
1. Assist the Children’s Ministries Team in:
a. Recruiting, training, and supporting Sunday School Teachers and Children’s Evening Activity Teachers.
b.Coordinating Children’s Church.
c. Staffing the church nursery.
d. Recruiting and resourcing other leaders as needed.
e. Assigning and supporting program directors for Vacation Bible School, Children’s Christmas Program and other programs sponsored by the Team.
f. Selecting the best curriculum used in Sunday morning and evening programs.
g. Preparing a yearly budget and planning fundraising events if they are necessary.
2. Insure that adequate supplies for Children & Youth Ministries are on hand as needed.
3. Create rotation including the pastor and Christian Educator for Children’s Moments during 11:00 worship.
4. Insure that follow-up contacts are made with visiting families with children.
C. College-age Ministries
1. Assist the team leader of college-age ministries in providing programs for college-age students and maintaining regular contact with students in college and members of the armed services.
2. Help to plan seasonal activites for college-age students when they are home on break or for the summer.
D. Nurture Ministries
1. Assist the Nurture Team in planning family-life activities for the
2. Assist the Nurture Team in developing and implementing ministries for older adults in the congregation and community.
3. Assist the Nurture Team in creating a systematic approach for identifying and making contact with inactive members on a regular basis.
E. Through-the-Week Childcare Ministries
1. Provide supervision and input for Director of Before and After School Ministries & Summer Camp, and Preschool.
F. Administrative Duties
1. Maintain regular office hours, yet allow time for visitation to teachers and counselors and for recruitment for active participation in solving needs or problems arising in education programs.
2. Meet frequently with pastor to coordinate calendars and share specific needs and concerns.
3. Other miscellaneous tasks as needed and/or requested by the Pastor.
EVALUATION: Employment will be probationary for 90 days. The Christian Educator will be reviewed after three months, evaluated after a six-month period by the Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee. Thereafter, an annual evaluation will be conducted.
TERMINATION: If termination of employment is deemed necessary, at least 30 days notice shall be given by the Christian Educator unless a different time is mutually agreeable to the pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Team.
e-mail only, please
May 20, 2013
Director of Family Ministries
First United Methodist Church
Rocky Mount, NC USA
First United Methodist Church, Rocky Mount, North Carolina is seeking a full-time Director of Family Ministries. DFM will oversee disciple making ministry so that families are growing in love of Jesus Christ and neighbor. Duties will include maintaining a safe and engaging learning environment for all ages; providing intentional opportunities for discipleship, fellowship, service, and witness; and equipping a gifted team of leaders.
Candidates should possess excellent organizational skills, an understanding of learning stages, a passion for making disciples, and be able to work as a team player on the church staff. Master's degree in Christian Education or equivalent in Family/Childhood Development and three-five years experience preferred. Compensation commensurate with experience and education. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 6/30/2013.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
May 20, 2013
Church Administrative Assistant
Grace Lutheran Church
Durham, NC USA
GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH, 824 Buchanan Blvd, Durham, NC, is currently seeking an office administrator. This is a part-time position, up to 30 hours per week. The ideal candidate is able to work in a small office; has the ability to organize and prioritize work assignments; is a self-starter and able to work independently; is familiar with weekly church bulletins and monthly newsletters; has excellent attendance and work habits; has the ability to maintain confidential/private records and information; is able to handle more than one task at a time with accuracy in a deadline-driven environment; is able to take direction from multiple sources; works well with all personality types, and is calm when under pressure. The candidate must have an in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
For consideration please forward a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
May 20, 2013
Director of Outreach
St. Andrew United Methodist Church
Highlands Ranch, CO USA
Reports to: Executive Director of Program Ministries
Status: Full-time, exempt, 40 hours per week
General Description: Direct a team of lay servants who will help members and constituents of St. Andrew United Methodist church be involved with experiential, transformational opportunities within St. Andrew and in the community (local, state, national, international) through outreach, missions and community engagement ministries. Support the vision and mission of St. Andrew to invite, nurture, challenge, equip, and send forth Christian Disciples
Leadership: Provide leadership, direction and advocacy for vital Outreach ministries
Champion and support the Outreach Leadership Team and the chairs of its Sub-Committees related to outreach, missions and community engagement.
Partner with other SAUMC Directors and Committees encouraging them to think collaboratively about outreach, mission and community engagement opportunities within their specific areas of ministry.
Work collaboratively with and manage our financial support for the various agency/organizations with which we partner in.
Develop rapport with our partners in outreach and missions and serve as the point person from St. Andrew UMC to each of their boards
Trips – Work with Outreach Leadership Team to determine/develop and communicate various Mission Trips (local, state, national, international). Partner with other Directors and Ministry Teams to promote these opportunities with the congregation.
Advocate the principles of Social Justice as a core value of the St. Andrew community.
Work with the Outreach Leadership Team to create and implement culturally appropriate community engagement initiatives in our immediate ministry area e.g. teaching congregants to be invitational, building relationships with other groups in our community, etc.,
Work with the Outreach Leadership Team and other ministries in St. Andrew to identify and promote Social Justice initiatives both within and outside the St. Andrew community
Development & Communication
Work with the Communication Specialist to broadly communicate this ministry, internally and externally, through web, social media, and printed resources
Be open, receptive and innovative with current and future Outreach opportunities
Create awareness for all of SAUMC of the various opportunities of this ministry area and compel interest by various forms of communication. Social media, Base Camp sign-ups, Summary descriptions,
Plan and communicate an annual calendar of events and opportunities
Oversee the development of an Outreach annual publication of events
Address requests from the local community
Encourage, foster, and support “Outreach” ideas from the SAUMC congregation
Solicit, Develop, Equip, and Support Volunteer opportunities
Administration & Budget
Develop and manage an annual budget to be approved by church leadership
Manage designated ‘Restricted Funds’ for Outreach ministries
Manage registrations, files, paperwork etc. that relate to Outreach
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor’s degree or more in related field and
2. Proven ability in Christian Outreach, Missions and Community Engagement
3. 5-7+ years of experience in the following areas:
Developing and leading Outreach and Mission activities (local, state, national, international)
Experience in developing and leading culturally appropriate community engagement initiatives
Exhibiting effective leadership skills and passion for Outreach, Missions and Community Engagement and a strong belief in social justice
4. Recruiting, developing and equipping volunteers
5. Work at a Director level managing multiple programs, managing subordinates and volunteers
6. Budget development and accountability
7. Development and execution of new programs
8. Understanding of the structure, program and theology of the United Methodist Church.
9. Willingness to abide by the SAUMC staff covenant
10. Developing and maintaining healthy working relationship with other staff members, members of the congregation and members of the community
11. Participating in a continuing program of self-enrichment and study
12. Knowledgeable proponent of social media communication
Other Requirements: Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds
Flexibility to work after normal office hours and weekends as needed
Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Must be able to work in a dynamic office environment, some travel required
May 17, 2013
Executive Director of the Johnson Intern Program
Johnson Intern Program, Inc.
Chapel Hill, NC USA
The Johnson Intern Program, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, affiliated with the Episcopal Service Corps, whose purpose is to provide eight post-baccalaureate young adults with an 11-month opportunity for vocational discernment, community service, spiritual development and living in intentional community. The position will begin July 1, 2013.
The Executive Director, a 32 hour/week position, has administrative responsibility for fundraising, financial management ($200,000 - $300,000), intern recruitment, service placement, management of interns’ residential community and supervision of the educational curriculum.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree required; Masters Degree preferred (Divinity, Social Work, Business, Education or equivalent experience in one of these fields).
Salary: Negotiable based on education and experience, (FICA, health insurance and contributions to 401K), with a fund-raising bonus based on acquisition of new gifts and grants.
Applicants to submit résumé and references to email@example.com. Please no phone calls. Review of applications will begin April 20, 2013, and continue until position is filled.
No Phone Calls
May 17, 2013
Ministry, Non-Church, Other
Cornerstone Hospice and Palliative Care
Tavares, Florida USA
Description: The Chaplain assists, educates, and provides support to patients and families with spiritual concerns.
- Provides Chaplain services in accordance with the patient’s plan of care.
- Chaplain assists the Inter-disciplinary team to understand the significance of spiritual factors related to the patient’s care.
- Assesses and reassesses spiritual factors in order to help the patient and family to cope with problems related to the patient’s life limiting illness. Recognizes and utilizes community and family spiritual supports to assist with the patient’s plan of care.
- Chaplain chaplain develops the plan of care with the Inter-disciplinary patient team and family to deal with spiritual difficulties experienced by the patient.
- Chaplain keeps abreast of Chaplain trends and knowledge.
- Chaplain participates with in-service programs.
- Chaplain attends and participates in Inter-disciplinary team meetings.
- Cooperates with appropriate staff to provide Chaplain services to patients and patient families.
- Chaplain provides education and training for Cornerstone Hospice when requested and arranged by the Bereavement/Spiritual Care Manager.
- Chaplain participates in Hospice sponsored events.
- Chaplain takes a leadership role in Cornerstone Hospice in all issues and events relating to the spiritual impact of life-limiting illness.
- Chaplain provides crisis intervention for patient’s and their families when and where appropriate.
- Chaplain contacts every family member via telephone to offer spiritual care should they desire it.
- Master’s degree of Divinity from a Seminary accredited by the American Association of
- Theological Seminaries, or Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three units of CPE in a hospital or hospice setting.
- Five years of experience as either a pastor or chaplain.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and required auto liability insurance.
Gail Kennedy, Recruitment Specialist
May 17, 2013
Church, Ministry, Education
Student Minister for Outreach
Grace Baptist Church
Durham, NC USA
Grace Baptist Church, Durham, NC, is in the beginning stages of a revitalization effort and is seeking a part-time student Minister for Outreach. Applicant should be interested in Christian Ministry and in reaching people for Christ. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Occasional opportunity to fill pulpit.
Flexible schedule, up to 10 hours per week. Salary negotiable. Letter of application and resume should be sent to Donna Walker, 1004 North Mangum Street, Durham, NC 27701 or via email.
May 17, 2013
Director of Christian Formation
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church
Hillsborough, NC USA
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church in Hillsborough seeks to nurture a multi-generational community through worship, learning and fellowship. The Director of Christian Formation will oversee programs and activities designed to help children, youth, and adults grow in faith and to foster a community that nurtures and supports one another. These include Sunday morning educational programs for all ages, a bi-weekly Sunday-evening youth group (grades 6-12), and occasional special events.
The Director of Christian Formation will work closely with the Rector, Music Director, and volunteer teachers and advisers in program design and implementation. Duties include establishing and supporting relationships with children, youth, and parents; developing a cadre of committed volunteer leaders; providing training and administrative support for teachers, and communicating with the parish about program offerings. Responsibilities will include facilitating instruction at all ages and teaching as needed, particularly with children and youth. This entails familiarity with the Godly Play curriculum for children and lectionary-based teaching and theological reflection for older children and youth.
The applicant should have prior teaching experience and theological training. Applicant must be available Sundays and Wednesdays. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, be able to communicate effectively with all age groups and through a variety of media, and be capable of working both independently and collaboratively.
Salary range is $28-32,000, commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include expense reimbursement, continuing education time allowance with stipend, paid vacation, and pension.
Please send resume and letter of interest by June 7, 2013 to: the Rev. Brooks Graebner, St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, PO Box 628, Hillsborough NC 27278 or electronically via email.
Rev. Brooks Graebner
May 16, 2013
Food Service Director
Chestnut Ridge Camp and Retreat Center
Efland, NC USA
Seeking qualified Food Service Director to oversee all food service operations at Chestnut Ridge Camp & Retreat Center. If you are interested in whipping up delightful seasonal meals with whole ingredients that just came out of the ground, for masses of smiling faces, then this is the place for you! Chestnut Ridge prides itself on serving quality food, made from scratch, using local, organic, sustainably grown ingredients whenever possible. Qualified individuals will -
- be able to cook great food from scratch in large quantities,
- be knowledgeable in regards to sanitation, nutrition and sourcing local & sustainable food
- be a positive supervisor that leads the kitchen staff towards excellence
- be able to oversee and manage a budget
- be willing to work an irregular schedule including weekends.
Full-Time start date is August 2013. There may be opportunity for part-time work prior to August 2013.
May 16, 2013
Trail Riding Wrangler
Chestnut Ridge Camp and Retreat Center
Efland, NC USA
Seeking experienced riders to assist with equestrian programs including horseback riding lessons, recreational trail rides, and horse birthday parties. Qualified applicants will be knowledgeable in tacking, grooming, and riding Western style. Must be a team player. This position is part-time “as needed”, which includes a lot of weekends in the fall and spring.