The Master of Theology (Th.M.) degree is designed for graduates of accredited theological schools who desire to continue or resume their theological education to enhance their professional competence in selected areas of study. It consists of eight elective courses taken over two semesters. During the final semester, students often work directly with a faculty advisor towards completion of a substantial written thesis. The Th.M. program is limited to students who have received the M.Div. (or the equivalent) with superior academic records.
- Rolling deadline from September 1 with a final deadline of April 1: Apply now.
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 in a Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Master of Theological Studies (M.T.S.), or comparable master’s degrees from an ATS-accredited school prior to the intended date of enrollment
- Transcripts from each college/university and seminary attended
- Two one-page essays
- An academic writing sample of 4-6 pages (1000 -1500 words)
- Four letters of reference (3 academic/professional, 1 church)
- Applicants should upload a resume or CV
- $55 application fee (collected by credit card when the online application is submitted)
- Online applications must be submitted by midnight E.S.T. on the stated deadline date. All hard copy applications and all supporting documents (e.g., transcripts and any reference letters not submitted online), for both hard copy and online applications must be received in the admissions office by 5:00 p.m. on the stated deadline date. If the application deadline date falls on a weekend, all hard copy applications and all supporting documents for online and hard copy applications must be received in the admissions office by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the deadline date.
Other than one full tuition merit-based scholarship per year for an international student, Th.M. students are not eligible for any form of financial assistance through the Divinity School. However, there may be outside aid available, and completing a FAFSA allows the Financial Aid Office to determine loan eligibility for student s if needed.