Application requirements for the M.A.C.P degree are as follows:
- Rolling deadline from Sept. 1 with a final deadline of April 1: Apply now.
- Currently employed/aspire to be employed in a congregation or in a profession and be committed to lay ministry, ordination as a deacon, or to professional service as a lay vocation.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 in a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university prior to the intended date of enrollment
- Transcripts from each college/university attended
- Two one-page essays
- Five letters of reference (2 academic/professional, 2 church, 1 character)
- Applicants should upload a resume or CV
- $55 application fee (collected by credit card when the online application is submitted)
- Online applications must be submitted by midnight E.S.T. on the stated deadline date. All hard copy applications and all supporting documents (e.g., transcripts and any reference letters not submitted online), for both hard copy and online applications must be received in the admissions office by 5:00 p.m. on the stated deadline date. If the application deadline date falls on a weekend, all hard copy applications and all supporting documents for online and hard copy applications must be received in the admissions office by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the deadline date.
With careful planning, budgeting, and counseling from our Financial Aid office staff, students often find Duke to be more affordable than they initially assume. By taking advantage of the tuition credit offered to each admitted student, outside aid available, and that the program is designed to allow students to maintain a paid ministry position, many students will incur little to no debt.
Each admitted student is awarded a 25% tuition credit scholarship for each year of the MACP program. Completing a FAFSA allows the Financial Aid Office to determine loan eligibility for student s if needed.