The M.A.C.S. degree, a one-year residential program, introduces students to theological reflection through interdisciplinary study. The degree offers students the opportunity to explore theological study in a general way or through theological reflection on a specific theme for the purpose of enriching their Christian service in both the church and the world.
The M.A.C.S. is not intended to serve as direct preparation for ordained ministry or doctoral study.
- Eight courses and no fewer than two semesters of residency
- Completion of the M.A.C.S. core course, offered over two semesters (fall and spring)
- Completion of a first-year writing assessment
- Student portfolio: compile a portfolio to be reviewed by a faculty advisor
- Maintenance of a cumulative grade point average of 2.0
- Completion of all requirements for the degree within a three-year period
Note: The M.A.C.S. degree is not eligible for credit transfer.